Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RX Pack Wiring Question

I'm going to power the Align 815 BL servos with a direct lipo 2s pack. So I understand the two leads go into the GPRO on the two ports.

I'm looking at this RX battery and see that they included the two wires from the get go. But how are you supposed to then power up/down the FBL and servos?

They expect you to unplug both those leads every time you fly? I know I can make an adapter from an EC3 to spit into the two servo leads and control the power with that. But what was Turnigy thinking I'd do when they made the two leads from the start?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can wire it permanently via an on/off switch.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...f_Switch_.html

pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmm... Yea I guess that's what Turnigy was thinking. Like I'm going to unplug those two tiny little leads from my Gpro every flight.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That battery doesnt have two JR servo type plugs, it has a single JR and the other is a two pin JST, which is a totally different type of connector.

I'd not recomeend a switch because they arent rated for the current high performance heli servos can pull. The simple, easy, cheap and foolproof solution is just make up a wiring harness that consists of a battery connector at one end (Deans / XT60 or whatever) and soldered onto that connector two heavy duty servo extension leads with JR servo plugs.

To isolate the battery you just pull the battery connector out, like you would any other LiPo. The two JR servo plugs dont get touched.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ahhh.. Thanks. That cleared that up. I agree the switch doesn't appeal to me. I see I misunderstood what Turnigy had in mind.

I'll start with my own 2s lipo and make the EC3 go into two servo leads to go into the GPro.

Thanks for pointing out the lead differences on that battery.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using a Hercules 10A Linear BEC with a switch on a 7.4V LIPO for 6V electronics. The switch is all nice but if I don't disconnect the pack the BEC will eventually drains the battery anyway as the switch seems to be on the output..
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2015, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are going with a dedicated flight pack battery, then I would highly recommend looking at the Scott Gray Reactor HVX.
Has a remote on/off "fail on" power switch, dual programmable output regulators and will use 2S to 4S LiPo input.

Personally, I use this on my nitro 700N.

On my 600E, I use the Castle Creations BEC Pro 20 connected to the flight pack.
I used the Reactor X2 with the 2S liPo on this heli for awhile. But, it ended up a lot lighter without the 2S LiPo.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's what I use: http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMYHEC36

In your case, I would remove the red jst connector from the battery and install an ec3 (or whatever) as stated above.

Also, a 3000ma pack is quite large for a receiver pack; what heli are you putting it in?
Old 02-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the link. That harness looks nice.

The 3.0 pack was just an example. The plugs are what I was confused about :-)
Old 03-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I *just* finished doing this as well right before I saw this thread.

A little different because I ran 2 heavy duty JR servo leads from an EC3 with one orange signal wire connected to my ESC signal wire (not using built in BEC) and then both of the heavy duty leads plugged in to my RX. One lead goes to the bind channel and the other one that has the ESC signal goes to throttle channel. My RX doesn't have aux2. So I hope it helps those who only have a 6 ch RX you can still have dual power input.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

try these

http://modelflight.com.au/jr-electro...connector.html

http://www.perfectregulators.com/ind...roduct%20id=82
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Or you could make your own and save $35......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG4232.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	598357  
Old 08-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post
If you are going with a dedicated flight pack battery, then I would highly recommend looking at the Scott Gray Reactor HVX.
Has a remote on/off "fail on" power switch, dual programmable output regulators and will use 2S to 4S LiPo input.

Personally, I use this on my nitro 700N.

On my 600E, I use the Castle Creations BEC Pro 20 connected to the flight pack.
I used the Reactor X2 with the 2S liPo on this heli for awhile. But, it ended up a lot lighter without the 2S LiPo.
I agree totally on this. If you are going to run a heavy regulator and a 2s flight pack, it will be easier all the way around to just run the WR Hercules BEC directly off your main pack. No switches necessary, two output leads for your RX and WR has a reputation for good quality products. I've been using this BEC on my 600 Pro for 3 years with not a single glitch.

http://www.amain.com/rc-helicopters/...hbecs7/p275316

Good luck on however your decide to go.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in