Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Stiffer tail rotor?

Any one know of a tail rotor blade made of harder plastic that will fit an MSR?
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The version 3 blade used on the MCPX is about as stiff as you would want without being too brittle.
KBDD tail blades are in the same ballpark and most liklely easier to get without buying a whole MCPX tail assembly, As ive not seen the v3 blade sold separetly.

The Align H11014T blades for the T100 work well also.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170717441554...84.m1439.l2649

Personally, I like the standard version 1 on the mSR, The others have so much pitch you have to adjust your trim down pretty low to keep it from over powering itself.
Of course you could shorten and cut the others to lower thier output and make the motor work alot less harder than normal.

Ill admit tho i just ordered some KBDD tail blades from Astroid-Designs in (White) to match my color theme, And im told they are have almost the same amount of power as the V3's do.
Dasfriek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Thanks

I will see about the T rex 100 blades. Just looking for something that holds its shape better than the MSR blades. The tail on my MSR is all over the place and the MSR blades deform if you look sideways at them. Will ask at my hobby shop next time I'm in.
Thanks again
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I look at it this way, Which would i rather fight? A blade that wont hold its pitch angle and needs bent by hand once in a while. Or use a stiffer blade which over powers the heli so much with excess pitch you have to make major trim adjustments?

I use a DX6i radio so i can sub trim enough that i still have full trim adjustments on the initial trim buttons. But someone using a RTF radio it could be almost unusable if they cant take enough power down.

I made a mistake one day and swapped in one of my MCPX motors with a V3 blade on my mSR and it was like watching a tornado it spun so out of control.
The mSR doesnt need a very strong tail motor or blade, But you can use what you want as long as your radio lets you adjust it down enough.

I use the stock V1 blade and a 2mm shorter motor ParkZone PKZ3016 to help lighten the extended solid tail. If the motor is weaker than the stock mSR motor i cant tell as it works perfectly. Plus its a fraction of the cost of stock mSR motors.
I experiment alot and im always pulling the wires out of the motor or not having enough wire left to solder onto so i had to find a cheap replacement.

But you can bet i have some great tail setup's ready to plug-n-play into my new mSRX when it gets here. With more power the new V3 blades may be needed. Im really looking forward to the new X so i can play with more powerful tails hopefully.

But if you MUST have a stiffer blade id definetly go with a V3 or a set of KDBB, I just ordered a set of those in white. But im told they are very close to V3 power and not as brittle. A V3 will leave a white crease if you bend it, So it wont last as long if its taking hard hits and being bent back and forth alot.
Dasfriek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in