Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Almost lost my T250.

It was last Sunday afternoon and it's been raining on and off and finally rain was stopped and I tempted to fly my Trex250 and yes I went out with bunch of batteries.

With first pack, I able to notice the really guest wind in middle of air and it blew my heli to 200feet away in only few seconds and I was lost control of it..
Because of my panic, it flew further and eventually it was just one small DOT... and orientation is just a word that I remember.

After that my finger started shake and tried to hard to get it back from out of nowhere and I amazed my radio can reach that far.

BTW, I swing the heli and noticed it was tail in and slowly get it back to me.. it took good 2minute and finally landed safely

That was the moment almost lost my favorite heli and after all I decide to fly again and as soon as finish half of circuit it blown away again and crashed to the tree and it was dangling on top of the tree

Lesson learned that don't fly Trex250 in random gust wind.
Josh_K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_K View Post
It was last Sunday afternoon and it's been raining on and off and finally rain was stopped and I tempted to fly my Trex250 and yes I went out with bunch of batteries.

With first pack, I able to notice the really guest wind in middle of air and it blew my heli to 200feet away in only few seconds and I was lost control of it..
Because of my panic, it flew further and eventually it was just one small DOT... and orientation is just a word that I remember.

After that my finger started shake and tried to hard to get it back from out of nowhere and I amazed my radio can reach that far.

BTW, I swing the heli and noticed it was tail in and slowly get it back to me.. it took good 2minute and finally landed safely

That was the moment almost lost my favorite heli and after all I decide to fly again and as soon as finish half of circuit it blown away again and crashed to the tree and it was dangling on top of the tree

Lesson learned that don't fly Trex250 in random gust wind.
Yep the wind doesn't care if you fly an align T-rex 250, or a copterx 250/ HK250GT, I've been on that road many many, many times, one way or another she is going down... It's happened to me, and it's happened to countless other pilots. The good news is that you didn't lose any limbs and no one was hurt, and most of all you are still alive to tell the tail.

some of the parts of my 250 that was claimed by the wind yesterday...

But as someone here once said "We get back on the TX , better, stronger, and harder". That man is a true inspiration to the 250 community(thank you snjbird).
Old 03-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i see that your carbon fiber push rod survived. Just another reason to add one to your list of 250 upgrades..
FurryTrex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I hope your 250 well taken care and back in the air soon.
I had some kind of confidence that can fly with 16mph wind but this time is not consistent gust wind... but anyhow won't fly again or fly bigger one
Josh_K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in