Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Does this setup look good?

Hey, im working on putting together an avant list that i will be able to purchase on my 18th birthday and was wondering if this FBL setup sounds good.
kit ( of course)
rigid fbl head
micro beast x
CY 710's (v2 radix)
CY 105mm tail blades
Scorpion HKIII-4035-500
CC Phoenix ICE 120
DS 610's for cyclic
DS620 for yaw
ar7010
life 2100 rx pack

a good amount of this stuff i run in my 700e, im just looking for input, maybe what pinion people are using, faults in design, preferences, etc. I knowww another guy asking for advice, im probably like the 100 thousandth one on this section of HF forums but i want to make sure i do this right. this mean more than just a heli to me. Thank you for your help
HeliKelley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would go for the edge blades instead but the cy are just as good.
tailblades 115 might be better.
depending on your flying style for the 500kv motor you might want to go with an 11T pinion.
get an ICE2 not an ICE esc.
electronics look good.
get the bottom plate for the electric it makes a world of a difference in vibrations control.
FBLessOne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good except instead of align 610's look at the spektrum H6040 servos. They are around same price and spec but fit in frames better as the wire is slightly higher on side of servo. As for tail definitely pick something better than the align 620. Would suggest the outrage BL9188 or Futaba BLS251.

If you are looking to run higher headspeeds around 2100 I would suggest the hkIII 4035-530kv over the 500kv.

The only possible thing you may want to upgrade (and only if needed) would be the sprague bearing to the tsubaki sprague. Again thats only if you have an issue with stock sprague.

Tom
stang281472 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang281472 View Post
Looks good except instead of align 610's look at the spektrum H6040 servos. They are around same price and spec but fit in frames better as the wire is slightly higher on side of servo. As for tail definitely pick something better than the align 620. Would suggest the outrage BL9188 or Futaba BLS251.

If you are looking to run higher headspeeds around 2100 I would suggest the hkIII 4035-530kv over the 500kv.

The only possible thing you may want to upgrade (and only if needed) would be the sprague bearing to the tsubaki sprague. Again thats only if you have an issue with stock sprague.

Tom
+1 I agree with tom.
To many onthers to list
ttrap-os91sz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you all for the input, i definitely want a high head speed so i think i will go with the 530, and that's very good advice on the servos- as long as their as good a quality as the aligns it'd be nice for an easier fit. I've never messed with a brushless tail servo before (or any bl servo for that matter) but my 620 in my trex 700e seems to do very well. This will also be my first FBL heli. I think i will get the bottom plate to prevent any vibrations that could possibly occur. It might be a stupid question but what is a sprague bearing? Would 115mm tail blades also add rigidity or ?

also, i added 710mm mains because i've heard a lot of positive stuff with them and the fbl units, any inputs on this?

thank you all again for your help. I figure if im going to put this together right, might as well go to the people who have them
Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Specs look good, I've ran exclusively for about 8 months now 115mm tail blades, with 0 issues, and have been extremely pleased with the performance. And I also agree on the H6040s, they are identical to the 610s, but with a JR spline, and supported by Horizon Hobby if you have any issues there.

The owner of Avant is actually running these exact servos in an eAurora FBL with an AR7110 receiver, they fly great!

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your comment jason. also what pinion would i use for the 530? and is the sprague bearing still an issue in the new kits or? im thinking of nanoteck 4500mah 65c packs or 4500 turnigys, would either of these fit well in the new e frames? and is there anything i need to now when converting the head to fbl or in general on the heli build? Thank you all for your comments and help in this
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in the same boat HeliKelley, looking for the same advice. I have a used 2010 model coming with the FBL head.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run 4500 turnigys in mine and they just fit in the frames.
richafflerback is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by richafflerback View Post
I run 4500 turnigys in mine and they just fit in the frames.

Thanks, that's what I was considering. Also look at the packs from Helidirect. I just got a couple of Turnigy Nanon 4S packs for my 600, so I'll see if they measure up. It they do, I'll try them for the 700.

What ESCs and blades are you guys running?

Thanks,
Lee
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also run the spec h6040s with an outrage 9188 tail. Works great! Also I have the hkIII 500kv and the power is plentiful for me now. No bogging whatsoever on stock pinion governed. You'll love the new heli, enjoy it!

ProgressiveRC.com
DiggityDan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggityDan View Post
I also run the spec h6040s with an outrage 9188 tail. Works great! Also I have the hkIII 500kv and the power is plentiful for me now. No bogging whatsoever on stock pinion governed. You'll love the new heli, enjoy it!
I have JR HV cyclics. Ordered the outrage 9188 for the tail. Going to be using a AR7200BX. Hoping with this combo I can avoid a voltage regulator. Going with the ICE2 HV120 ESC, and 2 x 4500 6S packs. I bought the Aurora with new Align 700MX motor. Not the best, but I've had OK luck with the Align motors and it will get me going. I'm more of a sport mild 3D guy, so I tend to run lower head speeds and fly "bigger" then the 3D gonzo guys.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I'm running the ar7200bx aswell. Works awsome. That's the reason I got the outrage servo. No need for a regulator. Nice and clean

ProgressiveRC.com
DiggityDan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in