Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
Most action this forum has had in months. I guess the Micro Protos 255 was announced?
If there really is a Micro Protos coming, that would entice me to get back into that size, I stopped flying my Lynx 300x when I finally got my Mini Protos. But I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: For that matter, I don't even believe that there really is a Micro Protos coming.

XL Protos 380

Last edited by Jomaba4308; 11-11-2015 at 08:01 AM..
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 07:28 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

How i picture them spreading rumors!!!1
Persistence and disposable income required
stevolution is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post

Anyway seems like you found someone that trusted you and you've believed what they had to say but then decided to post about it. Kind of sucks for the guy that trusted you with info he thinks he knows? And then trying to out a manufacturer on the forum?

Not really understanding your motivations here. Anyway I feel bad for the guy that had confidence in your discression.
My intentions were NOT to hurt MSH, and when I was told what I was told I was also told it wasn't a secret. I will elaborate a little more over PM. So as to not cause any additional trouble. I thought what I was told would soon be announced officially. Please reread my earlier post.... I've quoted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2evl View Post
Man jbaum81, sucks to be your friend. Here some poor team guy puts some faith in you to keep a supposed secret.
Harsh, please reread my original post.

Quote:
Making an assumption here that anything Jbaum posted is true, I'm assuming that someone "in the know" would have let you in on a secret. I've seen these things happen at fun flies before. Make friends with a team guy, and standing around at dinner he says, "I'll show you something cool if you keep your mouth shut." If this is what happened, setting the precedent of blabbing all over would lead the manufacturers to either a) keep information away from team guys in order to prevent this, or b) tell the team guys to shut their darn mouths. Really unfortunate either way, because that's been an exciting part of fun flies for me.

Then again, there's also a chance this guy is a crackpot, or making stuff up to generate some excitement
Also harsh, please reread my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
Not sure why Alex is closed lip right now, when I was told by a rep (not naming names) it wasn't a secret. Perhaps awaiting release dates prior to official announcement.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
My intentions were NOT to hurt MSH, and when I was told what I was told I was also told it wasn't a secret. I will elaborate a little more over PM. So as to not cause any additional trouble. I thought what I was told would soon be announced officially. Please reread my earlier post.... I've quoted it.

Harsh, please reread my original post.

Also harsh, please reread my original post.

Seems like a "look at me" thing to do tho man.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
Seems like a "look at me" thing to do tho man.
...Isn't the subject of this thread "New protos 500 based off v2 protos max?"

Not sure how sharing what I was told was a ploy for attention -- Seems to me it was just participating in the thread and on subject.

Anyways as I said initially, I was told it wasn't a secret anyways. So now I'm the fool for sharing a secret that wasn't even supposed to have been a secret? Ok, whatever you all say.

Edit: I'll add, after Alex's reaction, I somewhat doubt the authenticity of the information now anyways so just ignore me.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok lets not blow this out of proportion,

there are so many rumours flying around I don't think anyone even pays attention until an official announcement.

I am personally looking forward to what ever MSH is cooking up
SMJT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 04:18 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i dont think you dropped any bombshells here. So they are working on updated models..we all assume this and alex has basically confirmed it. They are testing it...anyone surprised? they might have an announcement in the near future...again, expected. The only specifics that the mini p was coming before the 500...still not a very shocking reveal...if its true.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same sentiment about the info.

I don't want to offend anyone but If I would look today into the 500 class or mini protoss class, those helis would not be at the top my list.
In fact they wouldn't even be on the list.

Although we don't need Align-timing-refreshes on MSH heli's , class-wise they will gain some attention when they get a refresh.

If the refresh hits, I can only hope they will make the same buzz as the Max V2.
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomaar View Post

I don't want to offend anyone but If I would look today into the 500 class or mini protoss class, those helis would not be at the top my list.
In fact they wouldn't even be on the list.

Although we don't need Align-timing-refreshes on MSH heli's , class-wise they will gain some attention when they get a refresh.

If the refresh hits, I can only hope they will make the same buzz as the Max V2.
It's a valid point. It's not news that the miniP and p500 are older models. Even if they are still exceptional for what they are. :-)

I think you guys will love what's next. I'm generally an extremely harsh critic, and have requirements probably outside the norm. I'm really excited. (-:

But me hyping something doesn't help the guys that are curious. Unfortunately you will have to wait a bit until it's time to show what's coming next. And teasing with a lack of any real information is just fanning the flames.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not to carry this on any further, but Jabum.....if it's not any secret and your just repeating what you were told that's not a secret, why not mention the persons name who told you? Why even begin with that preface in your original statement? Once again, doesn't add up.

Last edited by Way2evl; 11-11-2015 at 09:40 PM..
Way2evl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomaar View Post

I don't want to offend anyone but If I would look today into the 500 class or mini protoss class, those helis would not be at the top my list. In fact they wouldn't even be on the list.

Curious what you like over the Protos and Mini protos in their respective classes and why.
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2015, 09:30 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzySmack View Post
Dude no. It's a 180 Nitro. Everyone knows that...or do they??-__-

180 Nitro!!

That would be sick! Sporting an OS .10!!

180 Nitro, I laughed out loud at that one!
Blade 70 S!!
Furias15x is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Curious what you like over the Protos and Mini protos in their respective classes and why.
First of all I don't have running birds in that class. I fly 520/550 size and just got a max v2 (my first 700 class, I was close to a TT e700 <= field advise) . So l'm spend for now.
The only thing that stopped me from doing that was a little voice in my head.
.....Get a protoss ....
Years ago when I wanted to step up from the 450 class to something bigger. I wanted to get a protoss 500, But the 550 size class was starting to make an entry as 'first bigger heli after a 450' and you can reuse your batts on a 700 size.

Well, the release of the Trex V2 hit, which at the time was a best-bang-for-buck 550 size entry point , If I recall 750 ish for the combo ???, If I compare that to the 550L's of today !!.
it had alot more presence then a 450 but its was not a pig like the early 600 on 6S where also it was alot less $$$ to fly 6S vs 12 S.
A 600 on 10s was also an option, but still 10S gives you bats you can't use in a 700 class.

So at the time is was a Brain over Heart thing
So it was a Trex 550 V2, which I still fly today (and I still like it alot).
and I share batts with my Max.

The protos Max V1 was released but it was out of my league, but the V2 was my excuse to step into the 700 size.

Anyway enough blabling
so It's not really about not liking. maybe more the lack of presence in the scene, and more pr/marketing of other brands, parts availability in shops etc...
IF a msh fan would be honest (See Alex response a bit higher )
he should admit that the protoss are seen as 'a bit dated' , regardless if they are or how well they might fly.

Assuming I would need a helicopter of that class today and would follow the 'field advise'. The following would happen:

So mini protoss it would be goby 380 At my field there is a 380 and others are coming. There are also logos 400. But the 380 seems to turn some heads.

500 size and ( I know about the blade size difference with the protoss 500) it would be gobby 500 (6s) which is also present at the field. (although that one has the name to eat batteries) so field advise is don't get a 500 but get a 570, thus a 570 gobby (12s) is more loved, whether or not to tri head was discussed

Ps: IF I would total (a full rekit) of one of my 550 size helis in the winter, I might aswell wait for spring time and see if by then the refresh has hit (and its in 550 size )
Old 11-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Protos 500 was from the first batch when it was released. At that time the only other choice of 425mm blade machine I knew of was a T-Rex 500. Also at that time the best LiPos you could get were 25C. The 2Kg T-Rex 500 was notorious for being a LiPo killer, whereas the 1.5Kg Protos gave stellar performance, even with 20C batteries and a flybar.

Fast forward many years and now we have 60C batteries and monster motors to go with them. But today there still isn't that much to choose from if you want to swing 425mm blades. The trend seems to have spread towards bigger machines that swing 470-500mm blades, like the Goblin 500 and Logo 480. I don't think it is fair to compare a 425mm blade machine to a 500mm blade machine. And below there is the Goblin 380. The size categories are harder to distinguish these days.

My only complaint of the 500 was that the tail boom was a little bit short. Hence we were told not to use the low profile head without the stretch kit. I did also file out the CF frames to allow more servo arm throw. This gave the FBL unit a lot more authority and generally it became more locked in during hard manoeuvres.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mahbouni

You made some very good points as did the other members.
If I may add, Did you know that when the Protos 500 first came on the scene it could run on a 7s A123 pack I believe early 2007 or late 2006.
It was part of the marketing at the time.

I enjoy 423 size blades it's a good comprise between economy and Flight characteristics.
Having a 250 450 500 and 600 in my lil fleet, It fits very well in between the 450 and 600.
Inexpensive and flies big enough for me to see it from far.

Corrado you need to start doing something with my favourite heli

> maybe like what I did to mine. But only from the MSH instead of me
add an auto belt tensioner and bobs your uncle
Old 11-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree the design is a bit dated. Not because it doesn't have good features, simply because it's been out a while. As I expected, your choices were based on size. You like the 380 over the mini, but they're really different class birds. You like a 500-550 over a 425.

Comparing size for size (325, 360, 425, 470) there isn't a bird I'd rather be flying than my MSH. and that's not about sponsors, MSH USA doesn't even support my v1 habit, I hunt for parts like everyone else
Old 11-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

With that said, I would still be excited about news of a newer (larger?) version of both the Mini and the Protos. Seeing what MSH did with the Max was a huge leap from the v1, and there was only two years between those models. I hope to see some really trick features in models that have been out longer
Old 11-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
With that said, I would still be excited about news of a newer (larger?) version of both the Mini and the Protos. Seeing what MSH did with the Max was a huge leap from the v1, and there was only two years between those models. I hope to see some really trick features in models that have been out longer
That's why if I would dive a 550 size I wouldn't buy a new one ( within reason ) before I know what MSH will do.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:18 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

When they come out I want em both. And to those who aren't interested in these, good, less people in line in front of me!

Can I get in front of the line since I'm a loyal fanboy?
Old 11-12-2015, 06:04 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Can I get in front of the line since I'm a loyal fanboy?
as long you get in line with the rest of them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in