Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gr8Crash Dishonest, Lacks Integrity. BEWARE!

I met Cory on ebay. He was selling the DJI Inspire 1 via Auction ID (252132109046). He gave me all of his forum information on Helifreak and Runryder. We agreed upon 2500$ and I pay him for shipping. He invoiced me on Thursday 10/22/15. I paid him immediately and provided him with a prepaid Fedex shipping label. He stated that he could not ship the item on Thursday but would do so Friday 10/23. I heard from him earlier in the day and I believed he would be shipping the Inspire that day. He also mentioned he had someone from LA that wanted the drone but said he would honor our deal since I already paid him and provided him with a shipping label. I have over 8K positive feedback on ebay with 0 negative (blue32701). Today 10/25 I received a refund from him. I tried texting and calling him but no response. I am very disappointed in this. I feel he lacks all integrity. We had a deal. I fulfilled my obligations as a buyer but he did not as a seller.
ibehnk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2015, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you join this forum just to post this?
James Recard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're lucky you at least got a refund a lot of people get burned even with PayPal
ourbail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes I joined the forum to post this. I thought other members should know since others have had similar experiences with him.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Since you don't know the reason for the refund (could have been a crash or decided to sell locally or ?) and like another said you should be glad you got the money back.

I for one appreciate the "heads up" about your transaction (even though it's not a real good idea for a first post here).

Good luck and I hope to see you posting in other sections of HeliFreak.
Skapr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whether he crashed it or sold it locally both are wrong to do. Once payment has been made he shouldn't be flying it or negotiating a sale with another buyer.
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with you about being the first post etc.
I am sure he just sold it locally and then refunded me once he had the cash in hand. But the fact that he stopped communicating and assured me he would honor the transaction is what rubbed me the wrong way. It just shows a lack of integrity on his part. I also saw this post where someone had some issues with the same seller (https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=677618)
Old 10-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibehnk View Post
Yes I joined the forum to post this. I thought other members should know since others have had similar experiences with him.
I see no problem.

You had his info on the forums, saw there were past problems yet expected a different result.

Why?
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPilot View Post
I see no problem.

You had his info on the forums, saw there were past problems yet expected a different result.

Why?
I met him through ebay since he had it listed via auction. He had 100% feedback and 160+ transactions...many as a seller. I also checked runryder and he has 5 pages of positive feedback. I did not come across the thread on this site until today.

Hes not a scammer...he just lacks integrity. Personally If I were the seller in this situation I would have contacted the buyer and explained to them that I have a local buyer and would just prefer to do a cash deal to avoid any potential shipping problems, etc.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those DJI Inspire things will only get you into trouble, you got lucky
sdunne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunne View Post
Those DJI Inspire things will only get you into trouble, you got lucky
Maybe it was a blessing in disguise
Old 10-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

The action speaks for itself.

Either way, you were refunded.

Based on choosing to conduct extensive research, after the fact.

Backing out, with an explanation, likely you would have been equally upset.
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 01:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad I saw this, I spoke with him today 10-25-15 about the inspire. Getting me a shipping quote Monday. Said he couldn't take PayPal due to some personal issues. That different payment arrangement could be made... It's posted on the other heli site....
Diablo 700 14s / 700 12s / Logo 800 / 700 Extreme / Logo 600SE / Logo 690SX / Goblin 770 Carbon / Goblin 700 / BD3SX / Kontronik / Jeti DS-16 Red Racer #11..
chrisansilver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 09:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisansilver View Post
Glad I saw this, I spoke with him today 10-25-15 about the inspire. Getting me a shipping quote Monday. Said he couldn't take PayPal due to some personal issues. That different payment arrangement could be made... It's posted on the other heli site....
Dont know what this guys deal is....
Old 10-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I never heard from him? Guess he got wind that we are on to him and his shananigans that is is trying pull. Sunday everything was fine with the inspire, mint condition and still available....
Diablo 700 14s / 700 12s / Logo 800 / 700 Extreme / Logo 600SE / Logo 690SX / Goblin 770 Carbon / Goblin 700 / BD3SX / Kontronik / Jeti DS-16 Red Racer #11..
chrisansilver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2015, 09:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

i bought this from him
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=522350

it was a flawless transaction and i had no problems. he has good feedback so if there is an issue with transactions with him negative needs to be given or whos to say, maybe someone just didnt get there way? i think if he was truely dishonest you would never have gotten a refund.
papamac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spoke with the gr8crash on the phone and many many messages on HF a while back when I was trying to sell a heli he was interested in. He seemed sketchy at best. I ended up declining to sell it to him. I got a strong impression that he would continue to harass me after the sale or blame his crashes on me or something. Lol.
He's like the troublesome store or restaurant customer that's already made up their mind that they're dissatisfied before they even walk in the door and they'll use up your whole afternoon even though nothing you do will make them happy.
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

God man be thankful you got all your money back and stop complaining
your one of the lucky ones , their are so many rip off con-artists out here not just here but RCgroups,rcuniverse,to name a few I can't speak about here because I'm new be but my last attempted purchase I piad for a high capacity battery never got anything and then he made it sound as if I somehow screwed him so be thankful you got your money back and go buy a new one
SHOTSFIRED is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The point of this sub forum is to point out potential scammers, or bad buyers/sellers. That's what this thread is doing. If you don't want to read people complaining, you're in the wrong subforum. Actually, you may also be on the wrong Internet. Lol.
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't you buy this same rig new for $2700?
Edit: Yes you can.

JaggedEdge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in