Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HK ESC help plz

I'm looking at getting a ESC from HK with a Turnigy 2215H Heli Motor, what would a good ESC be? Also with the programming on Timing and PWM with a ESC what do I set it to?
Squid90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default HK ESC help plz

A lot if guys have had success with the YEP series from HK. It is a copy of an older version of the YGE.
gothicbunny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run an 80A YEP with my Exceed RC Helium 500 on my 500. Running a 30c 6s pack and it runs very well, cool coming down, motor's a little warm but that's expected.

I'd recommend this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

But make sure to get the program card, even if you have to get it from a different site because it makes programming so much less of a pain. I got mine perfectly setup in 2 minutes, and even a lot of the default settings were exactly what I needed.

As far as PWM goes, I need to know what kind of voltage you'll be running (I'm assuming 11.1v 3s pack, but there's so many options for a setup like this.)

PWM = Voltage x kv of motor (in this case 3550) x # of poles in motor (HK website doesn't say so you'll probably want to do your research) /20.

So, for example if you run a 3s pack and if the motor is a 6 pole motor (just an example, not saying it is), your optimal PWM would be 11.1 x 3550 x 6 / 20 = 11.82.

So I think you'd go with 12? I'm not sure if it's better to round up or down for PWM.

I have no idea about timing, I don't know what that motor would need.
aarchnme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

But make sure to get the program card, even if you have to get it from a different site because it makes programming so much less of a pain. I got mine perfectly setup in 2 minutes, and even a lot of the default settings were exactly what I needed.

Where else the programming card can be bought from ?
DX6i backlight mod
charliebe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in