Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Fusion 50

Outrage Fusion 50 Outrage Fusion 50 Electric Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default outrage viable current status for purchase?

Been out of helis since the Lipo/FLB revolution started. Been getting back in with blade s stuff up to 450x but it just aint the 90nitro stuff I left behind. The more I look at the F50 the more I like it. Have been having pretty good luck with mmost of the "cheap" stuff ive gotten lately and want to put so
ething bigger together like a F50. Are the tail gears still an issue for mere mortals? Any other issues with the current kit? Is the optiomhobby kit a good choice?

I used to be a futaba/os/ys or forget it type but there seem to be plenty of quality affordable choices. I have an extra ar2700 beast. Will need motor esc servos looking for recomendations. Plan to go 12s and fairly low headspeed capable as may end up sttetched.

Looking fwd to suggestions.
Centurian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome back!

I will throw in my thoughts. I love this heli. While I do fly a lot, and I haven't flown many helis, this is, by far, hands down, my favorite. If you set the heli up right you likely won't have any tail gear issues. I have yet to have one but I did take the time to make sure everything is snug with no slop. I bought the retro gears but I never had problems with the old white or black gears.

I feel I should point out, some people question Outrage's stability as a company. There was a time it was hard to find parts, but there are a few places now stocking them again. Outrage, as a company, isn't really quick to respond to these concerns. What did I do, I bought a second kit. I don't fly hard but I like it so much, I wanted to make sure I had a full back up in case parts do ever dry up.

12s is sweet, if you do a little searching I think there is a thread where everybody was listing their individual setups.

Option Hobby, so far everyone has received their orders but they can be slow, very slow. the CNC gear block is mostly bling but makes changing gears a little easier. The slanted main gears, I want to order some of these, everybody says they are a good improvement and also improve the sound of the heli.
N518LF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would I buy a new Outrage? I doubt it. While parts supply seems to have recovered, it was sketchy for a long while.

Would I buy a used one? Probably, if I didn't already have one. Bare air frame Fusions go for £100 to £150 which is stupidly cheap for what you get.

Here in the UK, you can now buy pretty much every part, even aluminium tail booms came into stock a few weeks ago, so it's a cheap way into a 600 size electric helicopter.

Mine really does fly brilliantly and if I had room to keep it and still get a 700, I would.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree I don't know if I would buy one new but there are always good deals in the classifieds. I got a package deal a while back with 2 fusions with a ton of parts and recently picked up a complete airframe to use as spares.

For a nice, powerful, reliable setup I would go with:
Align ds610s and ds650 (IMO they are better than the newer ds615 and 655)
Align 600mx 510kv since you want lower head speed
Ice 80hv
2x Zippy 3300 35c 6s
Radix 625 v2 mains
Edge or rail 95mm tails (not sure about stock ones, never used them)

Personally I've never had a gear strip in flight although I only use the Outrage retrofit gears, not original white or black. And I use both the outrage cnc main gear (very loud) and the option hobby slant cnc main gear.

As far as Option hobby goes I don't think the metal boom block is really worth it because I've heard you can't fit the outrage retro gears (the strongest ones available (source: OnTheSnap)) in it. The slant main gear though is very good and quiet. With a 510kv motor you could use their 11t pinion for 2200 governed or an align 10t for 2050 governed.

If you're interested in stretching you could check out this thread.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, if you can get a nice used one I think it is a great buy. Very nice heli. Or if you are looking for a nitro be sure to check out this new Outrage V90 for $299 shipped

http://www.helidirect.com/outrage-ve...it-p-29005.hdx
SMOKEMASTER60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is a great heli. I have 2 and like flying them as much as my Goblin. The key to keeping these happy is to keep the head speed under 2300. I blew up several tails in flight, but all were with the small modulus black tail gears and at high head speed (2470). I now fly the new large modulus white tail gears at 2250, and they are now happy helis, capable of any move.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for your input... guess I'll be watching the classifieds.. I sure do like the design!!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Check out this Fusion 50 in the FS forurm

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=572784

Nicely outfitted if you are just starting into the 600 class. Great price as well!

The Fusion is a very impressive heli for little investment. Always great deals to be had in the forums.

My brother flies the Fusion and absolutely loves it. It's too big for my budget... Otherwise I'd have 3 in my fleet instead of the 3 Protos...

Good Luck!
Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last edited by OnTheSnap; 11-27-2013 at 07:05 PM..
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8CYF View Post
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=572784

Nicely outfitted if you are just starting into the 600 class. Great price as well!

The Fusion is a very impressive heli for little investment. Always great deals to be had in the forums.

My brother flies the Fusion and absolutely loves it. It's too big for my budget... Otherwise I'd have 3 in my fleet instead of the 3 Protos...

Good Luck!
Ouch.. that was too easy... guess you'll be seeing me around here now..... any battery suggestions/deals?
Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you are interested in a F50 I have a one that has never flown with all the parts and batteries (unused) in Austin. I have a small kid now and never completed the build. I will make you a killer deal.
MidTexOutrage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: outrage viable current status for purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
Ouch.. that was too easy... guess you'll be seeing me around here now..... any battery suggestions/deals?
3300's are probably the most common for a 12s setup. Larger ones will fit however, particularly if you have the KDE or CHP (Custom Heli Products) battery tray; 3300's give a nice balance of flight times and weight. 3700's are also used fairly often, check the setup thread here for info.

Decent 3300 packs run around $65-85 ea; I'm running Glacier 45c's now and they are a huge improvement over the inexpensive Turnigy's I had before. However, my cheap packs are still sufficient for reasonable flying.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just snagged a nib Fusion for $200 shipped to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rotorquest sells parts I am happy.....
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: outrage viable current status for purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswatter40 View Post
I just snagged a nib Fusion for $200 shipped to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rotorquest sells parts I am happy.....
Welcome to this oddball club!
Old 12-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, can hardly wait til it arrives, should be about 4-5 days.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
I fly both my 2 Fusions with Pulse 35C 3300's and Goblin 630 with 45C 3700's. I've standardized all my helis on Pulse packs. They are the best for the price, and virtually indistinguishable in performance from TP's at twice the price. Art Hughes (SAB team pilot) has been flying some of his same Pulse packs for three years and they are still going strong, but he admits that you have to treat them well - break them in and storage charge when you are not using them daily.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went with glacier 30c 3300s... Reasonably priced quality packs from a company I fully trust to stand behind them. Batteries are here, heli is waiting for me at post office. I think I just bought a parts kit too... Help me!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

How's this new heli of yours coming along?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am cutting mine down to the 550 size and running 6s for a fun heli to toss around.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyswatter40 View Post
How's this new heli of yours coming along?
enjoying the hell out of it... flys amazing. I f'd up a tail blade, waiting on replacements ATM. Moved some electronics around and added a sat on the ar7200 while I wait. I'm very happy with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in