Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default What happened to my elevator servo ?

Hmm, having a nice evening fly in the back yard and changed batteries, now for what ever reason the elevator servo is not working .

Is this common with other experiences ???
Futaba 10CH
Rockers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not sure about the term "common". If you are asking "Have people had servos just stop working?", the answer is "yes"... it doesn't happen a lot, but like any electro-mechanical device, it has the potential to fail (and fail without warning). I would swap the servo with another servo to confirm that it is the servo and not the 4-in-1 unit
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems odd that the servo would just stop working, these things happen. Though it might be worthwhile having a closer look at the servo connection to the 4-in-1 reciever to make sure its properly plugged in? Maybe also check the servo wire is ok, if theres any damage to the servo wire?

Because you might find that it might just need a quick repair to get it sorted instead of having to buy a brand new servo, could save you money.

Otherwise if it's truly a faulty servo, then best to replace it.

Hope this helps mate.
PICOOZ Hughes 500MD
Xige is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default Strange

Thanks for the advice, after a bit of investigation it seems that I may a have faulty receiver. I Swapped over the aileron and elevator servos

Plugged in the suspect elevator servo into the aileron channel on the receiver - Works fine
Plugged in the working aileron servo into the elevator channel on the receiver - not working.

Swapped the elevator servo with one form the 4G6, still doe not work.

Looks like a faulty receiver to me, have many people needed to replace these before. If I have to replace it, considering that I'm using the 2801, should I but one that supports expo and Dual Rates ?? (I think Shaggybirdan has done this)
Futaba 10CH

Last edited by Rockers; 03-05-2010 at 08:11 PM..
Old 03-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wonder what the fault is on the 4-in-1... Do you have a high power magnifying glass and a good soldering iron... I wonder if it is just a loose pin where the servos plug in.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

yup swapped out rx's, and loving it. only draw back is the rx is a bit longer, and destroyed my canopy.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Problem Solved

Thanks all for the suggestions but the mystery has been solved. After a bit swapping of servos and some testing, it seems that the servo is dead. I have swapped it temporarily with one out of my 4G6, will order a new one to replace it. Seems extremely strange that a servo would just stop working, although the poor little thing has had a reasonable amount of punishment from me
Futaba 10CH
Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs down Another dead servo

Hmm, frustrated

Replaced the servo this weekend (after using one from my 4G6 in the meantime) It would now seem that the second servo has decided to pack it in. If this is just wear and tear, then cool, I'm happy to be wearing parts out rather then breaking them .

Some of you have had the CB100 longer than me, has anyone had to replace both of the servos ?
Futaba 10CH
Old 04-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

both me and my brothers are still on the original servos. 5 months, and who knows how many packs threw them. i did have to replace the main motor though, and decided to upgrade the tail at the same time.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Received yet another replacement servo today, but when id did some more testing with the old ones, i do get some response from them, but only for a very short period (5 or so seconds) then they refuse to work. Any ideas from you guys are wlecome.

Hoping that I do not have to replace them again, I am happy to replace parts that wear out (I never break them ) but 2 dead servos is pretty silly. The 4G6 servo that I have been using temporarily while I wait for the spares has performed fine with no issue at all.
Futaba 10CH

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in