Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhunting View Post
AhClem could you expand on this setup with RG731 and Vbar. I currently have a full setup with all the cables but am willing to learn how to set it up with a single cable.
Does Skokoom have the same option? I prefer the sk720 over Vbar...just a personal choice...

Gh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gh : Yeah Skookum has the same thing, run a single cable from X-Bus out on your 731 to IO-B on your Sk720, select XBus Mode B on radio, and UDI/JR XBusB in skookum software.

(You can do the same thing with a SK540, but you need to rig a split adapter as the signal wire has to go through the Satellite port on the side)
pigpen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 02:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys. Just gave me something to play with since I have to wait for some big parts anyway...

Gh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

goodhunting,

"AhClem could you expand on this setup with RG731 and Vbar. I currently have a full setup with all the cables but am willing to learn how to set it up with a single cable."

Please bear in mind that I am learning this, sir (my apologies).

You program the transmitter for X-Bus (one of my JR Team Mates sent this link to me):

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1531

I also updated the software in the transmitter to the latest software version.

The cable between the receiver and the FBL unit is a standard patch cable for the V-Bar. The cable goes from the X-Bus port on the receiver to RXC on the Mini Blue V-Bar.

Power is supplied to the V-Bar, not the receiver (power is backfed to the receiver via the single cable).

You have to select "UDI" under the receiver section of the V-Bar software, then do a "cold start" on the V-Bar.

When I have it complete, setup, and flown, I will post here again.

"Does Skokoom have the same option? I prefer the sk720 over Vbar...just a personal choice..."

I do not know sir. I have not tried a Skookum unit yet.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah Clem

Thank you for the explanation. I'm off to the flying field this morning but will play with the extra stuff I have laying around later. Will post my findings....

Gh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes as pigpin said above the 720 Skookum is setup for a direct X bus plugin like the V bar but the Skookum 540 requires a adapter to be built to plug into a satellite port . I am running this setup and it works fine but is a bit of research the first time you do it .The one wire goes from the X bus port on the receiver to the sat port on the 540 and the other goes to the 540 to get power back to the receiver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X Bus.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	572715  
Old 03-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that the RA02TL is out in Japan at least, has anyone confirmed whether or not it will plug into a TAGS mini ? I am still assuming that it will !
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2015, 07:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Stroker View Post
Now that the RA02TL is out in Japan at least, has anyone confirmed whether or not it will plug into a TAGS mini ? I am still assuming that it will !
They are in stock at JR Americas and I had a big discussion with them again and there thought this time was it was just an extra antenna for the actual receivers ? I had them on back order as I was told by JR Americas before that it would be a satellite type receiver for the flybarless units. I really hope they can get things figured out as they say to talk to the flybarless manufacture and the flybarless company's say they are not sure as they have never even seen the unit . A lot of confusion with all these new pieces This is what JR Americas said to use for a full range satellite on flybarless units now. RA01TL DMSS Telem Antenna Full-Range, Coax , so I have some coming to try out.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well since the RA02TL will plug directly into a TAGS Mini, you would think someone at JR Americas would try it. I am betting that it will work since it would be completely ridiculous for JR to make such a thing otherwise.
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FWIW, the manual for the 28x shows the RA02TL plugged into a 712 RX. But it doesn't talk about why, etc...
spike5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2015, 01:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
FWIW, the manual for the 28x shows the RA02TL plugged into a 712 RX. But it doesn't talk about why, etc...
I covered that in post 3.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...47&postcount=3
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2015, 11:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

goodhunting,

Now two machines flying, using V-Bar and X-Bus successfully-Forza 450 and Atom 500!

One thing I have learned (from fellow JR Team Member LaDon) is to watch the channel assignment in the UDI menu for the V-Bar. Make sure that the controls in the transmitter move the appropriate channels in the V-Bar (LaDon pointed out that the 28X default channel assignment is different than the XG14 and he was right).

Just something to look out for.

So far, I am extremely pleased with the way that X-Bus and V-Bar work together!
Old 03-22-2015, 01:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

AhClem

Thank you for the update. Work and life took the better part of my time so I still did not experiment with this combination.

But it is good to know...

Gh
Old 03-22-2015, 01:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

goodhunting,

I am looking forward to your experiments, sir!

Let me know if I may be of any assistance (remember that I am new to doing this, so that I am not sure as to how much help I can be-but I will try).

I am looking forward to comparing notes!

The next upgrade from DSM2/DMSS that I do will be with a Robird (no X-Bus there), but the following two will both be V-Bars (another Mini-Blue and then a Full-Sized) with X-Bus.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well so far I was very successful using DMSS with full size receivers (7 and 11 channels) and full size Vbar blue and Sk720 blue. They work as a charm.

As a matter of fact I was comparing vbar to sk... Using two Trex600 with the same components. The only difference was the FBL unit and protocol. Then I switched both to DMSS as I was trying to determine which FBL unit I prefer.

I will stick with the sk720. But as far as the protocols are concerned the DMSS is so much more responsive that I felt I was comparing apples to blueberries....

Will switch to DMSS completely but it takes time... And money....

Gh
Old 04-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your correct. No sat. Needed but has an option for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
This is basically a full range receiver with 7 standard PWM outputs plus an XBus output. No sats are needed to get full signal diversity as this is built in with the new antennaes.

PS This is not a sat, but you can plug in any of the DMSS sats if you require more signal diversity.

Specifications
JR - JRPR03453 - RA02TL Diversity Remote Antenna

Type: full-range Width: 1.00 in (25.5mm)
Channels: 7+XBus
Modulation: DMSS
Band: 2.4Ghz
Height: 0.57 in (14.5mm)
Weight: 0.53oz (15g)
Input Voltage: 4.0–8.5V
Case Type: hard plastic Antenna Length: 150mm
Length: 1.87 in (47.5mm)

Edit: JR America led us all on the wrong path here.... See later posts.
flyinhelis is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 05:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RA02TL Diversity Remote Antenna

I am using a RA20TL direct onto the Tags Mini , Not sure I am too late to report as I just found this thread and seen 4 Stroker asking if this works and it does. But I am having no luck with the mod wire and and XG 8 wired directly into a SK 540. I have tried everything

Anybody else had success since the 4.07 update doing the RA01T using a modified Spektrum satellite cable ?
Falung_69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falung_69 View Post
But I am having no luck with the mod wire and and XG 8 wired directly into a SK 540. I have tried everything

Anybody else had success since the 4.07 update doing the RA01T using a modified Spektrum satellite cable ?
I did get mine working now in 4.07 (Couldn't get it going in 4.05 w/ xg14)

So you bound the sat connected to a full receiver first , then set the sk540 to DMSS and connected to it with he modified wire, yeah?
No signals showing up in the software after that?
pigpen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RA02TL Diversity Remote Antenna

After the update to Ver 4.07 I can now see the inputs from the XG 8 Tx and am in the middle of the re-setup.

And the other Forza 450 with the Mini Tags and RA02TL is sweet no issues just gotta get my head around the settings , The optimized files for Forza 450 downloaded from JR(Japan) is so far spot on , No real issues

But after Upgrading the SK 540 clear to just get the logging function , The cycle servos are jumping up and down during Hover, Flight , and setup

Now it did this after upgrade not the Update to ver. 4.07 , this sorted the Jr DMSS sats. problems out

I am on with Omerco on another thread trying to sort this issue out

Thanks Pigpen for the update on your's
Falung_69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2015, 05:15 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybee there is some new hope for JR Satellites on FBL Systems:

BeastX supports the RA01 directly since the new Firmware 4.1.5
Changelog
JR DMSS satellite support (RJ01 remote satellite); connect satellite using the Spektrum satellite adapter
Old 11-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Only problem is that you will get no telemetry.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in