Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 9303 and flaps

I need advice on setting up my 9303 heli mode radio for flaps. Can someone tell me channel selection and device select setup for using flaps either with a y-harness or separate channels for flaps.

I had them working once but they were on my flight mode switch. I would like to activate flaps with the AUX 2, 3 pos. switch.

Thanks!
Futaba S9256 Servo for tail
Plank - PULSE 60XT E
Billybuck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

flaps go in the Aux 1 rx channel. if you want them hooked up thru a "Y" harness the servo output shafts or arms have to be facing towards the same side of the airplane, or else you'll need a matchbox to reverse one or do a mix:
lookin for another Vibe 50
invertmast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Invert

I have a y-harness on the flaps, connected to the AUX 2 channel, how do I mix them.
I never used flaps before, need some serious help.
Plank - PULSE 60XT E
Old 10-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if they are going the same direction when you move the switch, no mixing required.. if they go opposite directions, your going to have to put one on say Aux 2 channel and the other on say Aux 1/3/4. then go into the P-mix 3 (i say 3, b/c you dont need one of the 6 point "curve" mix options) and set the endpoints on the mix to give you the same up and down travel amount and use the servo reverse function to get them going the same direction.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

They are in opposite directions right now. I will try doing the mixing as you suggest, though I can't say I really know what i'm doing . If I can't get that to work I will remount one of the flap servos, so that they are in the same directiomn.

Thanks for your help bud, I appreciate it.
Plank - PULSE 60XT E
Old 10-23-2008, 11:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You cannot mix them if you are using a y cable to connect them to the RX, you will either need to put each one into a separate channel, move the control rod to the other side of the servo, or flip the servo 180 degrees. Have fun!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flap on 9303

Hello "Billy buck", I'm not sure if I am following this correct and I hope I'm not butting in and not giving the right info that applies to your question.

I'm also assuming that you have a Y harness for ailerons in Normal Wing Type select.

Free up Aux 1(flight mode N,1,2) for Flaps so there is no need to use Aux 2 or 3 for flaps. You will also get better aileron deflection with a Y harness plugged in the Aileron channel or else the Differential will kick in when you use Aileron channel and Aux 1channel for ailerons to work in the Flaperon wing type.

This is a cool feature once you understand it or use it for the fist time then its easy.

But first, is the radio set in the advance menu for "Acro" not "Heli" also Normal Wing Type and then you can use the Y harness and plug into Aux 1 for flaps. Now you can use the flight mode switch that will give you 3 Positions for flaps (Norm, 1 Mid, 2 Land).

Next issue is the flaps going opposite direction with the Y harness plugged to flap servos, just move the servo arm on one of the servos so they both face the same direction to the Rt or to the Lt. If both are going in the same direction then your fine cause now you have to go the Flap System Menu for the next step.

In the Flap System now you will see the 3 flap options. (Norm, Mid, Land). You also see Elevator value adjusting for each of the modes but don't worry about that for now.

Very important to start with flipping the switch to Norm flight mode. Now In the Flap System change Normal value on the radio to "0"(default may be set at "100"). Now then unscrew and center the servo arms 90 degrees and get the flaps to center as close as possible without subtrim in the radio first, after that you may use a little subtrim to fine tune.

Now your set to adjust the flaps. You can flip the switch to "1" or "2" and change the values for "1 for Mid" and "2 for Land" in the radio to the direction + or - and deflection % you wish. If its going the other direction then change value the other way.(gliders also use this feature for "Crow")

Now the Elevator value to the right of each mode in the Flap System. You will notice while in flight when you go into Mid or Land position for flaps down the plane will nose up. This is where you input Down elevator for each of these modes so it planes will level for take off and or landing.

Pretty Cool Huh?

I know this is a mouth full but hope it will clear Flap System for you.

Manny

"Whats Right is Right and What Wrong is not Flying"
ShankBones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flaps on 9303

Hello again "Billy buck", I just noticed in your signature that you have a Pulse XT 60. Is this the plank you need to add the flap mix to?

If so, see how I may have opened mouth and inserted foot

Then some of my previous reply does not apply and you will have to use the Flaperon Wing Type in the advance menu for this feature. You will have to put Rt aileron to "Aileron channel" and Lt aileron to "Aux 1 channel" for flap system to work. The rest is the same for the set up in values.

By the way I love the Pulse XT model, its a great pattern sport flier.

Manny
x 3 Align 600n, 600ePro, esp. Radix,Mavrikk,Align Blades.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, this is not the plank I need flaps on. I need flaps on a BH Models T-28 Trojan.

I have a 9303 and can set up flaps either with a y-harness or on separate channels.

I wouls rather not use the flight mode switch to activate flaps as I use this switch for altering rates.

I have never set up flaps before and was looking for direction on how to d so with the JR 9303 and this particular model. I imagine the model wouldn't matter, so I really just need programming help.

Thanks
Plank - PULSE 60XT E
Old 10-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

billy,
give me a few days and i'll do up a quick "how to" on programming the 9303 for flaps. i'll be using a BVM bandit though as the donor model, so some things will be a bit out of context, but the programming should all be the same.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default x9303 Flaps

Which Trojan is it? Trojan 32 with 49.2in wingspan or the Trojan 61 with the 64.17in. wingspan.

Manny
x 3 Align 600n, 600ePro, esp. Radix,Mavrikk,Align Blades.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a link to the model I want to use flaps on.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/159545.asp

Thanks invertmast, for doing a write up. I will be looking forward to it.
Plank - PULSE 60XT E
Old 11-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the initial settings go to "wing type" and you can select which channel to use as a mate for the flaps. you might have to free a channel in "deviceSel" by inhibiting one function. Now go to the normal setting an select "Flap sys". Here you can set your flap settings to your hearts desire.
Hope this was helpful.
Godd luck with your model.

Finni

Finn Erik Boeesen

Falcon 3d, Caliber 400 BLS, Caliber 3, Caliber 30 (still not assembled), 9XII
Finn Erik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Wow, talk about digging up an old post!

I'm building a Multiplex Fun Cub to use for training new pilots, and am trying to figure out the channel assignments to use for a 2-servo flap system. The Fun Cub has servo pockets and lead channels already cut into the wing, so I would just as soon not mess that up. On a Y-harness, the servos move in opposite directions so I'll need to use two channels.

My question is this:

What channels are used for two servos on a 6-channel receiver? Gear and Aux1? I hope I don't need a 7-channel receiver.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I was going to hit the sack and catch up with this in the morning, but I had to take one last trip downstairs to try it out.

Long story short, I got it working on a 6-channel receiver. One servo in the Gear channel and the other in Aux1.

In the Device Select menu, I set Gear to INH. Then under wing type Normal, I set Flap to mate with Gear. The Flap Menu now works great!!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

the way i have it set up on my Bonanza is with both servos facing the same way ie out put shafts to the port side then i use a Y to run them to the AUX 1 iirc since AUX 2 i have mix with rudder for the nose steering for the V tail mixing to work
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 9303 flap programming

The attachment should help....
Attached Files
File Type: txt JR 9303 Ultra Stick Programming.txt (9.2 KB, 122 views)
nhhover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Better attachment format

easier to read...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf JR 9303 Ultra Stick Programming.pdf (113.2 KB, 142 views)
nhhover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in