Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default (new) Z power 3300kv 450th is CRAP!!!!!

Just a note to all I recommend you don't purchase the (new) Z power 450th.
It is 3300kv and is blue and silver with a built in cooling fan at the bottom.
It does run very cool just warm to the touch but has not a lot of power compared to the stock Align 3550kv.
max head speed at hover with 225 woods .
11th pinion =2300-2400rpm
13th pinion =2500-2600rpm

align 3550 max head speed at hover 225 woods
11th pinion =2600-2700rpm
13th pinion =3050-3150rpm

outcome disappointment waist of money BUT might be good for a 4cell setup later .
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the Z-power 1100 kv in my Logo. however i using Jgf 450 th and 450 F in my rexes.. over a year now.. never problem.. the 450F really powerfull motor .. with 11T and they shot into sky like rocket.

i don't if JGF and Z-power is ralated as thru their motor look very alike ???
Old 01-04-2007, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is interesting lowflyer101,
What is the kv rating on the 450F and what head speed does it deliver at hover with the 11th pinion ? and what is the kv rating of the JGF 450th ?
I am still interested in a new motor in the middle price range and maybe even one with the 2mm shaft so it can go in my other heli if need be.
Does anyone know of a out runner motor on the market with a kv rating in the 4000 mark ? I am a believer of hi rpm with a small pinion to be a powerful combo .
Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have both: JGF 450TH and JGF 400DH.. both EXTREMELY POWERFULL, ligthweight and cool running motors... love both
400DH is rated 4400 KV and 450TH is rated 3000 KV.
alex.venom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Just a few things...

One, I think running such high head speeds is not recommended for wood blades anyways.

Also, you stepped down in Kv rating, so you should have expected some loss in overall head speed. That value is directly proportional to expected head speeds. Run your setup through a head speed calculator and you'll probably find that you're probably getting close to what you should be.

Also, I bet your amp draw has dropped a bit and you get better run times out of the packs too ?

The 13T drop seems excessive (450 RPM at best case) but the 11T head speed change looks pretty reasonable to me.

I have a JGF 450TH and only use a Pheonix 25A ESC and nothing gets warm except the ESC. (Of course I don't fly hard 3-D yet, but I can 'feel' the motor has plenty of power) It seems to me you might be dogging a product that is doing exactly what you're asking it to do. Maybe your choice of motors didn't match what it was you were setting out to achieve.

Why did you switch? failure? looking for more power?
Boodlooder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wardy : go jgf site : www.justgofly.com they listed all info of motor there .. the 450f i use is 2.3mm shaft . i would recommend the 450th instead.. because 9-11T on 450F @ 2.9 - >3k hs could easy strip the maingear.. 450 th 13-15T sound bit more safe i guess

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in