Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

16t you're at 2500+ rpm range, it's way outside any security limits and those main blades will most likely be tossed.

What kind of power are you after? What headspeed, pitch, curves/gov, gearing, blades are you running now?
myrseth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrseth View Post
16t you're at 2500+ rpm range, it's way outside any security limits and those main blades will most likely be tossed.

What kind of power are you after? What headspeed, pitch, curves/gov, gearing, blades are you running now?

Im spoilt and I just want power like my stock 6hv has. I'm using at 15t pinion running 75% on yge gov. Headspeed calc says around 2250rpm, im using stock 700 blades at +-13. It just doesn't seem to be as poppy as the videos I've seen. It is very smoth though. Maybe I've got something messed up and it's running a slower headspeed (need to tach) but I'm getting 4mins 30 on turnigy 5000 30c. Maybe something is up with my motor? Just disappointed really
cupracing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You seen videos of testing insane headspeeds. I would raise hs to 2300 and get different batteries. Turnigy 30C don't deliver, 45c was ok when I tested earlier but they spent in a few flights (I find batteries to be very important for getting good power). If you want more pop then go for gens ace 4000 batteries for instance to get better weight ratio. Can't compare the power of the 6hv with any 700 mabey except el Odin hehe.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm thinking the batteries are the weakest link. I'm think I will take your suggestion and go with the gens ace or optipowers
Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have turdnigy 5000 30c and 60c packs, both rubbish, come down hot & puffy and hard pitch changes are where i notice sluggishness with them, now got optipower 5000 30c and the difference is mental, there smaller, lighter and have loads more "pop"

All backed up by a Uk company with a great warranty. I'm sure you would be happy with them
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Today i've flown Zippy, Gensace and seen others fly Desirepower, turnigy etc.etc.etc.
With Scorpions and the new Compass motor (Nice smooth motor btw!).
Not to be harsh....there is little difference as long as your setup is done well (governor mode), and focus on collective management.
If you want to fly it to the max with endless power, not a single lipo is suited, and every speed controller and/or lipo will show you it's limits at a certain point in (a short) time.
The best lipo is the one you still fly when all others have stopped working..
And comparing the 7HV with the 6HV is imho pretty hard, two totally different flying machines in different sizes and different style of flying.
Comparing your own flights with videos and trying to match the performance...
You also have to match or top the collective skills your looking at, that's realistic comparing.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Odin 90 converted to electric would provide low disc loading comparable to the 6HV. That just isn't what people are after in a 90. We want a locked in machine capable of flying with a certain mass, whereas the 6HV is just balls out, but a bit light at times.
Cullen Colapietro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cupracing, maybe try and barrow some 4000C batteries and see if you prefer the lower weight?

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good suggestion, although at the moment the batteries are really far forward for COG so Im guessing with 4000 it would have to bit hanging outside of the frame?
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

It must be doable considering others run 4000mah packs. Can you mount you ESC and BEC further forward?

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My Reaktor 4000's are 1.25" past the tray any I mount it furthest hole forward. They stick past the frame some when mounted, not much though.

I have my Jive mounted on ESC tray with a 400Mah buffer beneath it on underside of tray and a Pyro 700 so not a lot of forward bias with electronics.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

What sort of flight time should I expect with 4000mah capacity at 2200rpm?

I am using light 2650 batteries in my 6hv so maybe light 4000s is where it is at. The 7hv is one heavy mother!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly mix of 1750 and 1850 w/693's and get 5:30 burning 80%
On my other machine w/713's I get same time but reduce HS by 50rpm for each flight mode.

Could get away with much less HS and still be quick enough for what I do.
Once I play with it some more and work on collective management some I will reduce and maybe gain a little flight time.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I get 4,5 min with 4000 at 1850, but the power is mental and I'm running 14 pitch atm so it's actually quite poppy. To give you an idea (vbar gurus) with 75-75-75 setup on the tail I need coll precomp at 17 to not get tail kick on a climb out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in