Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300CFX

300CFX Blade 300CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 300CFX opinions

Blue canopy = green for Horizon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 06:26 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
He's got the new DX6....i lust after that bad boy.
Doom Buggy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeky_Pete View Post
AU$450 from our Australian importer. I want one but... I can get a 450X BNF for less
just saw that myself. considering it has CF frame, all metal head, its really not that bad though.
i hope the 450x CFX version stays under $550, wont hold my breath but
Old 01-30-2014, 08:41 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydeity View Post
just saw that myself. considering it has CF frame, all metal head, its really not that bad though.
i hope the 450x CFX version stays under $550, wont hold my breath but
Modelflight do have the JR Forza. You don't actually need to wait for the 450CFX.(Actually none of us really needs this stuff do we? Lol)

Unless you want to wait for the 6S Forza which afaik is not here yet. But you may have 3S lipos to burn so a 3S Forza may do you if you really wanted a new 450. There are also various levels of completion, if you've got FBL say, prices seem ok.

Guess I'm saying : 450 - There is choice, there's kinda like 2 belt driven decent alternatives and 2 TT ones at least.. Off the top of my head...

The 200-250mm niche is really what's limited, IMO.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #65 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Since I already have two 300x, I'll likely just buy the frame when it comes out and see what its like. No need to go further than that.

I'm kinda glad I dont have the justification in my head to buy the entire thing now, considering the $ I've dumped into my two current 300x

Likely if the 450-CFX (or whatever they call it), I will treat it in the same manner, buying only the parts I need to convert it over as well
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgerry View Post
He's got the new DX6....i lust after that bad boy.
Its a DX9 he's using in the video- I haven't seen an actual picture of the new DX6 yet. All the images I've seen are computer generated images not the actual transmitter. The DX6 does look awesome even for a six channel. Huge improvement over the 6i.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd really like to see a kit version of this, without any of the electronics. You'd end up spending more than $400, but at least you'd have the heli you want.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #68 (permalink)
gtr
Registered Users

I'm realliy glad to see a BNF version. I don't reallyi have the time to assemble these anymore. I'm all for easy fast repairs. I was hoping for upgraded esc and a stronger motor.
gtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very tempting.
Even if I don't like the servos and motor, it looks like a promising base to build off of.
Perhaps this will be the one.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly, I think the main rationale for the 300 CFX is to pull the plug off after market manufacturers. The effect of after market parts on HH's bottom line cannot be overstated. That was probably one of the reasons that the mCPX was discontinued, the other being the available of cheap clones.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtim23 View Post
Very tempting.
Even if I don't like the servos and motor, it looks like a promising base to build off of.
Perhaps this will be the one.
The servos are the same of the 450 X!
Dead Helis: WL v911 v2
Loku is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300CFX opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Honestly, I think the main rationale for the 300 CFX is to pull the plug off after market manufacturers. The effect of after market parts on HH's bottom line cannot be overstated. That was probably one of the reasons that the mCPX was discontinued, the other being the available of cheap clones.

I doubt that. I think if anything aftermarket upgrades just indicate a healthy ecosystem for the model. There's nothing unusual about a model that's been out for a while getting a refresh.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:45 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loku View Post
The servos are the same of the 450 X!
Which means they still have plastic gears, which strip easily in a crash, and require a lot of work to replace in a crash.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclysma View Post
I doubt that. I think if anything aftermarket upgrades just indicate a healthy ecosystem for the model. There's nothing unusual about a model that's been out for a while getting a refresh.
There have also been a number of people asking for pro-quality micros. And, as far as I know, quality improvements have never really hurt a popular product line.
xenophobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
That is simply not true. Horizon Hobby even distributes aftermarket brands! The Blade 300CFX was designed because we love RC helicopters, and we know other people do too, and we knew that the 300 could be even better.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Which means they still have plastic gears, which strip easily in a crash, and require a lot of work to replace in a crash.
They could sell us metal gear but the heli would cost more. They are better off packaging it like they do to keep the cost low. Then the end user can fly as is or switch out and determine what servo speed, strength, and voltage is appropriate for their flight style.

If you want a heli designed out of the box, ready to crash, you are going to be spending a lot more money.

Brian James, you guys have BNF and RTF. Can you add a RTC line?
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpod View Post
They could sell us metal gear but the heli would cost more. They are better off packaging it like they do to keep the cost low. Then the end user can fly as is or switch out and determine what servo speed, strength, and voltage is appropriate for their flight style.
Please don't misunderstand me. I never said that I think the servos suck. I don't. In fact I'm still using the original servos in my 450 3D, because replacing gears at $3 a pop is preferable to forking over $90 on a set of Hitecs, even with the extra maintenance. I was just pointing out why people complain about them.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

They don't take abuse. That's for sure. I flew mine for a little while. Then relocated the beast, messed up the orientation, tried to lift of, tipped over and had a blade strike that didn't leave a mark on the blade but left me with one stripped servo.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

what I'd be very interested to understand is, if the 300CFX prototype that was smacked so hard in the unofficial video by James Haley REALLY had the stock motor and ESC built in.
Knowing how much the rpm of the original 300X would decrease in hard manouvers like the ones shown in the video, It is hard to believe that this has changed so much only because of the motor being mounted upside down and attaching an 11tooth pinion.

Or how do you guys see that? I mean, judging from the sound in the video, this little fella holds the rpm pretty damn well - much better than what I would expect from the stock motor and ESC.

EDIT: and when I say "stock" I mean the parts from the original 300X
Old 02-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman67 View Post
what I'd be very interested to understand is, if the 300CFX prototype that was smacked so hard in the unofficial video by James Haley REALLY had the stock motor and ESC built in.
Knowing how much the rpm of the original 300X would decrease in hard manouvers like the ones shown in the video, It is hard to believe that this has changed so much only because of the motor being mounted upside down and attaching an 11tooth pinion.

Or how do you guys see that? I mean, judging from the sound in the video, this little fella holds the rpm pretty damn well - much better than what I would expect from the stock motor and ESC.

EDIT: and when I say "stock" I mean the parts from the original 300X
Yes. It is absolutely stock as it will come in the 300CFX.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in