Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

it finally stop raining and with the sun so bright and temps hitting in the 50's I had to go for. it was real breezy earlier but I did control myself to wait till almost sundown, and the winds gave me a break. I think I might be getting the hang of this. there still was a little breeze but I got it up in a sorta hover (more like chasing it) but the good thing is "I didn't contribute to my FCP frequent crasher program" thanks to all you pros with the great advice in setting up this tempermental beast. it feels like I got a newer bird! if they flew this one at the factory dude must have had a hangover! I probably would have gave up this hobby if it wasn't for you guys!!
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2011, 01:20 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

edit: I forgot this was the '"what did you do today tread"

Last edited by el guapo; 03-13-2011 at 01:07 PM..
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Today

Changed the tail motor to 3 pole brushless. Pretty Slick
dave22250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

lost it thought it had sunk in a pond found it half n hour later tangled in a bunch of vines suspended over the stream leading to the pond

By the way first time at this site didnt see the pond behind the vines and bushes if i had know it was there id of steered clear lol
DALE313 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Today, burned through 3 battery packs. Got some nice circuits, 8's and practiced some orientations with inverted hovers. All in all, the most I've flown this little bugger since August (...winter ). After that, burned a pack through the 450 and one through the 500. No crashes, fun and relaxing flights, just the way it should be. Very happy to see the sun today!!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it suppose to look like this???

PCArms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bought a brand new SR yesterday and too much wind to fly so I had to wait till it was calmer this morning.
Got about one pack thru it and let my friend take the sticks.
Ill give you two guesses what happened and the first one dont count...
Long story short for once I wasnt the first to crash a new bird LOL
Wasnt too bad but considering this is my first CP the head was a bit intimidating to tackle.
One blade grip and link, tail boom, and a main gear.
Got it all apart and realized I needed a feathering shaft as well but LHS was already closed.
Straightened it out as best as I could and can get it off the ground but it just isnt getting enough pitch.
Im sure the feathering shaft is the culprit but cant help but wonder if I missed something putting it back together.
Any input/tips would be appreciated
THANKS
SgtSmackaho is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well late last night after discovering that my pitch was way off!!! Like eight turns on two of the links and nine turns on the other one, I was able to get the tail to hold after plugging in the yellow wire. Today I am going to bind it to my DX7 and try to hover.

Jay
jcflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Picked up a new tail boom and tail motor mount so I can get busy rebuilding my SR tonight. I also got a B400 damper kit to stiffen up the grips. So can I just replace the stock o-rings in the head with the B400 ones using the same shim set up or won't that work? Never mind, I just found the link to the step washer/B400 o-ring mod. TIA
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSmackaho View Post
Bought a brand new SR yesterday and too much wind to fly so I had to wait till it was calmer this morning.
Got about one pack thru it and let my friend take the sticks.
Ill give you two guesses what happened and the first one dont count...
Long story short for once I wasnt the first to crash a new bird LOL
Wasnt too bad but considering this is my first CP the head was a bit intimidating to tackle.
One blade grip and link, tail boom, and a main gear.
Got it all apart and realized I needed a feathering shaft as well but LHS was already closed.
Straightened it out as best as I could and can get it off the ground but it just isnt getting enough pitch.
Im sure the feathering shaft is the culprit but cant help but wonder if I missed something putting it back together.
Any input/tips would be appreciated
THANKS
Rule #1 of r/c heli ownership: DO NOT let your friends fly it. Only exception is if they are an experienced heli pilot and/or they are helping you set it up etc.

I have a friend who started flying the same day as me that constantly asks if he can try my Sr and I tell him as soon as you can tail in hover/takeoff and land in clearview I MIGHT let you try it. As of now he can't even hover the Msr in one spot after a month and a half of owning it, he has the worst hand eye coordination of just about anyone I've ever known! lol even funnier is the fact that he just bought a 450!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCArms View Post
Is it suppose to look like this???

OF COURSE NOT YOU NUTTER YOU HAVE NO BLADES APART FROM THAT THOUGH YOU LOOK GOOD TO GO LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrpm666 View Post
Rule #1 of r/c heli ownership: DO NOT let your friends fly it. Only exception is if they are an experienced heli pilot and/or they are helping you set it up etc.

I have a friend who started flying the same day as me that constantly asks if he can try my Sr and I tell him as soon as you can tail in hover/takeoff and land in clearview I MIGHT let you try it. As of now he can't even hover the Msr in one spot after a month and a half of owning it, he has the worst hand eye coordination of just about anyone I've ever known! lol even funnier is the fact that he just bought a 450!
OH NO somebodys in for some trouble lol
DALE313 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrpm666 View Post
DO NOT let your friends fly it. Only exception is if they are an experienced heli pilot and/or they are helping you set it up etc. ..... even funnier is the fact that he just bought a 450!
Let us know what you think of the 450 (since it sounds like you'll likely help set it up and test fly it first ).
palmtree953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just finished putting my new parts on this morning after my boom strike. Tested the tail motor and gyro, all worked good, thank God. Now I have to go back over my head set-up to make sure everything is ok and put stiffer dampers in it to hopefully prevent another strike. Sure feel better looking at the bird sitting on the shelf now with straight parts!!
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALE313 View Post
OF COURSE NOT YOU NUTTER YOU HAVE NO BLADES APART FROM THAT THOUGH YOU LOOK GOOD TO GO LOL

OH NO somebodys in for some trouble lol
Blades? Is't that what those little BLACK things are?
I got this off eBay this way and the guy said it few great the last time he had it out?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dam rights it flew great, flew great right into something! It must have been flying great cuz it flew fast enough into something to bust up the frame lol! Hey, looks like whoever owned it was enjoying it (or they were really p!$$ed off and ran over it with their truck).
Old 03-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Today was the first crash of my sr.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBLADE400 View Post
Today was the first crash of my sr.
Don't worry, you will again. . . . . .
Old 03-16-2011, 12:30 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crashing is fun! Having to repair gives me something to do other than flying!
BrandonB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
Dam rights it flew great, flew great right into something! It must have been flying great cuz it flew fast enough into something to bust up the frame lol! Hey, looks like whoever owned it was enjoying it (or they were really p!$$ed off and ran over it with their truck).

I hope I don't have a day like that!!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Crashing is fun! Having to repair gives me something to do other than flying!
Sometimes I think this hobby is more about model building rather than model flying. Of course I am a n00b, so hopefully as my skills improve I will work the other direction and do more of the flying piece.
apexx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in