Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 08:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

He's right,... it's not a necessity but it does make a big difference.
I guess if plastic tail cases were just fine, all the high end helis would have them...
Just my 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160422_192037.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	680302   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160422_191613.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	680303  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are many high grade helis that use plastic tail cases. Actually I've had more issues with aluminium tail parts than plastic since they can look fine but be tweaked just enough to cause problems.

Never had any issues with the stock 450x tail case neither has anyone else I know.

Did you ever replace the tail shaft? Double check frequency and centre pulse are set correctly? Check for binding with the linkage disconnected from the servo? Resistance from the servo motor can be just enough to mask binding so it's important to check it with the control rod popped off the servo horn. Might want to check the tail servo wires for damage and make sure they're plugged into the fbl controller properly.

Do you lube your tail shaft? One drop of oil once in a while can work wonders

Doesn't sound like a problem throwing money at is going to fix, always better to find the source before buying anything so you're certain whatever repair you make is going to fix the problem instead of throwing parts on and rolling the dice.

One thing about plastic tail cases is if you overtighten screws it can throw things out of whack.

Bench test, bench test and bench test again. Make sure tx input and gyro correction are working properly before flying it, will save you a fortune. I test the shat out of the tail with main blades removed and spooled up just enough to feel if everything is working and moving the tail in the right directions.

Kinda sounds like a BX/tx/electronic issue to me
Old 11-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Probably should read all the previous post... aluminum upgrades was the last suggestion, not the first... after plastic slider flexing...
Old 11-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default update

FYI as an update, I have installed all aluminum tail case with slider and pitch lever and no more problems!

I still don't 100% understand how I was getting flex with the plastic parts, but the lever would bend even though I had the tail servo end point set before any binding took place. All was well on the bench, but at speed, the force was too much for the plastic.

Anyway with the fix I am now flying my 450X as much or more than my 360CFX. Happy to have my first "big" heli off the table and in the air again!
Old 11-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man, that's great.... the aluminum tail made all the difference in my 450x. Did you use the blade tail upgrades or another brand? I used Lynx on the tail and blade on the head, both worked well.
You should post some pics, I'd like to see how it looks.

Last edited by Gerald01; 11-26-2016 at 08:27 PM..
Gerald01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in