Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ice Lite 50 has flashing red light, but no other signs of life

After a repair I'm trying to power-up my Blade 400 for the first time. So far as I can tell from the Ice Lite 50 logs, the crash was due to a momentary failure of my RX, so I've replaced it (with an AR6115e).

I plug in a battery and the red light on my Ice Lite 50 flashes, but there are no other signs of life. No light on my RX, and no sounds from my motor.

I have plugged my Ice Lite 50 into my computer and so far as I can tell from that all seems fine (I could download old logging data).

So I cleared the logging data, and tried plugging in the battery again for 30 seconds. I got the red flashing light, but when I plugged the icelite 50 back into my computer there was no logging data to download.

I've tried this with two different batteries, so I don't think lack of charge is the problem.

Note that this is a very new ESC, it maybe has 4 or 5 flights on it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The red flashing light indicates that the throttle is not at min - just go through a throttle calibration and it should be good.

There will be nothing on the log, because it needs the throttle cal and then it will flash yellow to show that it's logging.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

1004ron, thanks for the reply, but so far as I can tell the ESC isn't even supplying power to the RX, which means that I haven't been able to bind the RX yet (its new), so I'm not sure how it can tell what the throttle is at :-/

Wouldn't the motor make some noise in this situation too?
Old 08-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just did a quick check and powered mine up at mid stick and it makes a few beeps (but not the beep sequence indicating that it's armed), and then stays flashing red.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, I don't think that is consistent with what I'm seeing. My motor makes no noise at all (although I supposed it could have been damaged in the crash), and there is no light on my RX which I think indicates that its not getting power.

I think the question is what would make the red light flash, but (probably) nothing to the motor, and no power to the RX?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spoke to castle creations - apparently my Ice Lite 50 is broken :-( I'm surprised because it really wasn't a hard crash.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

IF I'm not mistaken, an unbound rx will not light up. Have you powered it with the bind plug in?

G.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

garyji, yes, I've tried to.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

OMG I'm such an idiot.

Turned out that my problem was that I had the servo wire going into the RX upside-down! How did I manage this? Well ALL the servo wires going into my RX were upside-down.

And now I've got a new Ice Lite 50 in the mail that I don't need... oh well, live and learn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in