Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

did you unplug from 4in 1 and feed wire through the tail fin and then unscrew it? it seems tedious

and yea I always get lead.

thanks for the info, I just need to wait for the t-rex 450 flybars to arrive. probs next week. Maybe I'll try to duct tape the red wire to the motor cuz i have a craving too fly it
felixthemaster is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes I did but I had to replace the tail boom anyway

If you tape it you risk it coming loose in flight, when it does make sure you get it on film because I want to see the carnage that follows you'll probably be looking at more damage and parts to replace and will have to wait even longer, but that's entirely up to you
Old 11-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol, I heard of a guy whos tail motor got so hot, it melted the solder and the wires came off so his tail stopped working and it came crashing down
Old 11-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's kind of what happened to my Xtreme tail motor. Didn't know it needed a heat sink so it died in something like 5 minutes. The motor was so hot that if you dropped a drop of water on it it would just boil and evaporate in seconds.
Switched to CP3 tail motors after that, haven't gone back since.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

I should think that xtreme knows that thier motors are harder to install and worse than the stock motor for the cp3. why do they even bother!

not dissing, i like some of thier stuff

Last edited by felixthemaster; 11-11-2011 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: note, pay extra attention to the SOME
Old 11-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Xtreme tail motor was introduced for the HB V1 if I recall correctly, before the CP3 existed. Some people have been lucky with the Xtreme motors, plenty haven't. Their blades are okay though, PCF and swash plate seem to do a pretty decent job as well. I've got their lighting system/low battery alert in my lama and am pretty happy with that as well. It's just their motors and the lack of heat sink in their "ready" pack for the tail.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
Maybe I'll try to duct tape the red wire to the motor cuz i have a craving too fly it

FTM, strip 1cm or so of insulation from the end of the wire, twist it together good, then carefully wrap it tightly around the wire with the resistor that is soldered on your tail motor. I used tweezers to do it.

No duct tape. You don't want a redneck heli!

Mine are that way because I haven't taken the time to solder them and they haven't come off yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tail motor.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	266130  
Old 11-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

so wrape around the negative side of the resistor? alorite, i'll give that a go rite now!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

done. I could only salvage 1 cm more so it could only wrap around about and a half times

and hey presto! I did it! it works again! woohoo! I love my bee so much <3

I started to hover but then my mom got mad because she was trying to watch the news :/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0445.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	266201  
Old 11-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OLP beat me to it. Was going to say to just tightly wrap the wire. I havent soldered my last 10 tail motors and they never stopped or glitched, just wrap em tight.
BTW FTM, your voice is oddly cool
Old 11-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
BTW FTM, your voice is oddly cool

Not sure to feel offended or praised...
Old 11-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #392 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-Duracel...item1c1f5e6b68

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-DURACEL...item2560d3ff08
Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #393 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

personally.... neither

I'd get:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...456&aff=517643 x 4 or more
plus
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...375&aff=517643
plus
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-...ht_2276wt_1163

those batteries will recharge over and over if you treat them right in last ages.

Not only that the charger should be able to charge your Lipos in around half the time of the esky stock charger.
quicker charging = more flying
Old 11-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #394 (permalink)
Registered Users

i heard hobby king has the worst service in history!

so rechargable ones are the way to go but i feel like i want to swim in a sea of batteries

i just love over quantitated items

After 50 of em runs out, ill get rechargeble ones. that sound like a reasonable plan?
and why would i get the battery holder? I'd rather just insert those 4 batts which is easier than inserting into holder and then pluging in holder into tx, etc, etc.

I got this one which i use to charge my aaa batts. so ill use that to charge these batts.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #395 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah HK doesn't have spectacular service, but it's not what I'd consider terrible. They have live chat customer care reps who are really helpful.
I've spent nearly US$1500 with them over 13 orders and have not had any horrible experiences. I trust Hobby King more than ebay stores based in hong kong (i've had bad experiences there )

Rechargeable?: Yeah especially if you ever plan on using a sim. I've been through 30 packs of cheap AAs in a week before.

*You need that holder to charge AA NiMh batteries using the Thunder AC6

I don't know about that energiser charger you have being OK to charge the HK batteries?
That's one for DVD

Sounds like a plan but trust me for the future having a good balance charger is the way to go for ALL of your bateries, Ni** or Li**

Last edited by Steemo; 11-11-2011 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: Re-read felix's post and my reply didn't make sense...
Steemo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2011, 06:00 AM   #396 (permalink)
Registered Users

well, that charger charges nimh so ill be okay. second, the link you gave me to that awesome charger is gone way before i clicked it. thirdly, i see, so the charger charges nimh too? nice! but isnt the stock esky charger enough? why do people get balance chargers? is it because helis like the trex dont come with chargers? or because the lipos last longer charged with good chargers?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #397 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you allowed to play with matches and sharp knives?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 AM   #398 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just think that I only need the stock one for these batteries atm. Ill get a good charger when i get a heli which does come with a charger. I feel like esky wouldnt include a charger if it were absolutely bull fesces
Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #399 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LiPo batteries are extremely dangerous. They must be charged with a balance charger, or they WILL explode and and catch fire. There is LOADS of info on LiPo batteries on the internet.

The Esky charger connects through the balance lead, but charges slowly. It will do for the HBFP, but for any other heli / battery, it will be insufficient. When you get a new one, it MUST be a LiPo balance charger or it WILL cause your batteries to to explode and catch fire.

Anyone using LiPo batteries should make themselves FULLY aware of the dangers involved with them and be fully up to speed with how to handle them and how to dispose of them properly. The risk of fire if you ignore this advice is not just a small risk like "ordinary" batteries, it is a high probability.

If you do not take LiPo dangers seriously, you will be endangering the safety of both yourself and those around you.

Rather than spending time finding reasons to ignore the advice you have asked for and been given, your time would probably be better spent re-reading ALL the advice you have been given and actually following it. You may like to start with the very first advice you were given, which was read the stickies! There is a lot of info in there on LiPos (and just about every other issue you have tried to ignore advice on).
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #400 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well said Luke! There's a list of LiPo related accidents on one of the other heli forums, and it's HUGE. Lots of sheds and hobby rooms burned to the ground, in a lot of cases a lot, if not all, hobby equipment was lost. Safety is major concern in this hobby, not just for yourself but also those around you, and indirectly even for us. Whenever something bad happens and someone gets hurt it will make all of us look bad. The last thing we want is even more regulation

I have no idea if the charger you have is suitable for charging nimh batteries, please consult the manual of the charger before you put them in. Charging batteries with the wrong charger will lead to leaking batteries at the very minimum and possibly exploding batteries and a fire. Needless to say, the fumes that come free in either case aren't exactly great for your health, nor are the batteries' contents healthy when getting into contact with your skin, eyes or when ingested.

Lastly, we don't mind answering a question or two and helping you learn how to fly, but there's a lot of info available already, take some time reading it through, you'll be surprised how much you'll learn

Tags
beginner, day, honey bee repair mod tail, honey bee v2, hover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in