Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default TDR; what lipo for best weight and power?

I just finished my TDR and it's been a real blast so far..
I just can't figure out what lipo to go for to get the "best" weight and flying time.
Im not a smack pilot jet but would like to buy a lipo that's up for the job.

I don't want to leave Jan's recommendation totally on weigth but as i have the big power motor I know, I might get a higer C and Mah.

My setup is ;

TDR 2011/12
Scorpion 4525 ultimate
Helijive 120
futaba bls 452/ 254
Radix blades(v2)

Some lipo's I think might be an option are;

TP 4400 6s 45c or maybe 65c( the 65c getting a bit $$)
Voltz 4500 6s 65c
Voltz 5100 6s 45c
Gensace 5000 6s 45c

Been searching the net for day's now..
(Also would be fantastic if they sooth my trex 700)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have flown all the lipos in your list and its hard to beat the Gens Ace. In my experience the new Gens Ace 5000mAh 45C are on par with the TP 65C but less expensive. Am also doing some measurements of IR to determine real C rating for these - here's a good tool that Vinger showed me http://www.jj604.com/LiPoTool/.

Am awaiting the arrival of the new Gens Ace 5000mAh 60C which if they are on spec should be the one to beat, but not nessecary for you unless you fly handwound croco and LE motors to their full capability.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

But the gensace 60c bigger then 4000mah won't fit the 60mm frame of the TDR and do they also have a 2 year warranty?

The 5000mah 45c gensace weigh about 778 grams and i don't now how that fits the TDR.

Last edited by bullet3030; 04-17-2012 at 09:43 AM..
bullet3030 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3030 View Post
Only the gensace 60c bigger then 4000mah won't fit the 60mm frame of the TDR and do they also have a 2 year warranty?

The 5000mah 45c gensace weigh about 778 grams and i don't now how that fits the TDR.
The 12s 45C packs are 51x49 and fits fine. The new 12s 60C packs are specially made to order and our specs have been to fit the 60x60 tray of the TDR.

Don't know about warranty as I have never had to return one, but our local distributor informed me that if I'm not happy I can just return it for a full refund.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is only one! thunder power 4400 65 c, wont touch a lipo with a 21 day warrantee like gensace in S/Arica according to the local supplier doesnt matter how good they may be, have seen the hype with voltz, outrage etc, for very little extra i get a 2 year warrantee on my tp's, on a lipo a good warrantee is a must!
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli G View Post
The 12s 45C packs are 51x49 and fits fine. The new 12s 60C packs are specially made to order and our specs have been to fit the 60x60 tray of the TDR.

Don't know about warranty as I have never had to return one, but our local distributor informed me that if I'm not happy I can just return it for a full refund.
Who do you get your batteries through when you custom order them?

BTW so far I'm really happy with my TP 65C batteries, but I really haven't tortured them yet.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Oke so two different story's there.. I would have given the gensace a try but they are always out of stock.. Now i heard they will get the 5000 45c somewhere in may. That could be 6 weeks from now and I don't know if im going wait that long.

Im leaning towards the TP 4400 lipo's but it would be great if someone with the same reads this

Other option then mine are as welcome ..
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

SLS APL 4000mAh 45C.
Matched, very powerful and of excellent quality.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
Who do you get your batteries through when you custom order them?

BTW so far I'm really happy with my TP 65C batteries, but I really haven't tortured them yet.
Ordered via the local distributor. It's still early days for Gens Ace, but so far I'm impressed.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF Support

The TPs are VERY impressive, I use custom made 4400 65c sticks and they really run cool and stand up to abuse well. Otherwise I have had great success with Desire Power sticks around the 4200 size. With that motor though youve chosen for severe speed runs in which case go for the best (TP)
Old 04-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
There is only one! thunder power 4400 65 c, wont touch a lipo with a 21 day warrantee like gensace in S/Arica according to the local supplier doesnt matter how good they may be, have seen the hype with voltz, outrage etc, for very little extra i get a 2 year warrantee on my tp's, on a lipo a good warrantee is a must!
Stolla, the distributor told me he will refund any problematic Gens Ace. This is a small market so if he doesn't he might as well close shop. In any event the SA Consumer Protection Act provides for a 6 months warranty where the consumer has the right to demand a replacement or full refund.

More importantly, are you coming down for Tareq's flying in CT next month? Would be great to see you down here and you can also see Tareq punishing the Gens Ace first hand. We're still deciding who will sponsor a TDR to Tareq given the rate he plants helis at...
Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Consumer act!. what a joke, you watched carte blanch while back on that?, some been trying to claim , no go. Also the hassle factor to fight for a warrantee? , with tp, one email and sorted, once had a low cell on new 6s lipo, they offered to send me replacement immediately without me having to send it back even, the way they handle this convinced all my mates to go tp as well. If a manufacturer doesnt warrant his product he doesnt believe in it.
Even a year warrantee i may be looking at those, remember 2 lipos are the price of a jive, would you buy that with a 21 day warrantee?,
Re Tareq, would have liked to see that but too busy right now, but at least every now and then we see some Tareq style flying here as well, when the okes try to save their helis from disorientation!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gen Ace makes a 5000 mAH 6S? I thought they only had a 5200 mAH and that will not fit in the TDR?

I'm using a set of their Sky Lipo 5000 mAH 40C and it fits snugly in the frame. They are also shorter than my Turnigy and Lightning Power so, I can move the Sky Lipos forward and back more than the other batteries.

The down side is, they're out of stock at HobbyPartz (although the 30C is available) and I'm starting to question if HobbyPartz will be in business much longer. They've been out of stock for a while.... but that's another thread.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Consumer act!. what a joke, you watched carte blanch while back on that?, some been trying to claim , no go. Also the hassle factor to fight for a warrantee? , with tp, one email and sorted, once had a low cell on new 6s lipo, they offered to send me replacement immediately without me having to send it back even, the way they handle this convinced all my mates to go tp as well. If a manufacturer doesnt warrant his product he doesnt believe in it.
Even a year warrantee i may be looking at those, remember 2 lipos are the price of a jive, would you buy that with a 21 day warrantee?,
Re Tareq, would have liked to see that but too busy right now, but at least every now and then we see some Tareq style flying here as well, when the okes try to save their helis from disorientation!
TP warranty can be problematic as well, some people in Cape Town had a problem with a TP 5000 65C pack that was puffing badly after 6 cycles and their attitude was, send it back and we will look at it, no promises at all were made. Now try to send a $250 pack back to the USA and see what the postage is, MAYBE they replace it and you still have to pay postage back to you as well! Suddenly the warranty pack will cost you $380, at least with GensAce being local, I can take the pack back to the distributor and reason with a sane person LOCALLY.....
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62x51 View Post
SLS APL 4000mAh 45C.
Matched, very powerful and of excellent quality.
Do you know if they ship to the UK and what are shipping rates? I barely understand German.

Anyone uses 45C 4000mAh Hyperions btw?
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I e-mailed SLS about half a year ago, asking if they would ship to Norway. Got no answer...

Could be it helps being located in EU, or maybe they don't answer mails written in english...
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Even a year warrantee i may be looking at those, remember 2 lipos are the price of a jive, would you buy that with a 21 day warrantee?
Stolla, you should not believe everything you see on TV. What secured the deal for me was having access to a local distributor that is standing behind the product, so there's a face. I would feel different if I didn't know the guy or have access to him. The CPA is law which means you have legal recourse for 6 months regardless, but that's a last resort. Being a lawyer I have no problem in exercising my rights.

I think it is great that you have received good service from TP with problematic packs, but our experience with them has been different and since their packs does not offer any improvement over the Gens Ace in my experience I'm not prepared to pay the premium as long as the Gens Ace lives up to my current experience with them. It's still early days for Gens Ace but I am very optimistic given my use of their packs to date.

Quote:
Yeah, we have a number of Tareq flyers by your definition as well!!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
Do you know if they ship to the UK and what are shipping rates? I barely understand German.

Anyone uses 45C 4000mAh Hyperions btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbthumb75 View Post
I e-mailed SLS about half a year ago, asking if they would ship to Norway. Got no answer...

Could be it helps being located in EU, or maybe they don't answer mails written in english...
They ship only to EU countries at 11,10 euro below 300 euro of buy, and free above 300 euro.

MIWO is the Austrian SLS distibutor, they ship in Norway and UK; they haven't limitations about dangerous goods classification, so you can order stickpack also...

I wrote some mails to Stefan reciving immediate response; try to write using contact form into the site as per first mail...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli G View Post
Stolla, you should not believe everything you see on TV. What secured the deal for me was having access to a local distributor that is standing behind the product, so there's a face. I would feel different if I didn't know the guy or have access to him. The CPA is law which means you have legal recourse for 6 months regardless, but that's a last resort. Being a lawyer I have no problem in exercising my rights.

I think it is great that you have received good service from TP with problematic packs, but our experience with them has been different and since their packs does not offer any improvement over the Gens Ace in my experience I'm not prepared to pay the premium as long as the Gens Ace lives up to my current experience with them. It's still early days for Gens Ace but I am very optimistic given my use of their packs to date.

Yeah, we have a number of Tareq flyers by your definition as well!!
Well some would agree with you some not, i cant fault my tp's so thats what i;d stay with, https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...89&postcount=5
Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Apart from warranties and distributors which in my case is both nill since returning something is not realistic from Argentina, on the weight side I would stay clear of 5000 lipos. I fly 6:30 with 4400 using about 1:30 of 1500 rpm, 3:00 of 1700 and 3:00 of 1800. I now and then fly 3850mah lipos for 5:00. So, you really don't need 5000 unless you want to speed fly or do almost all the flight at 1850 rpm, and you will still feel the heli on the heavy side.

I am sure someone else might have good experiences or like using 5000s, but I quit using that size on all my 700s a while ago.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in