Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Foamies and Park Flyers

Foamies and Park Flyers 3D Foamies and Park Flyers are an EXCELLENT way to improve your reflexes and stick finesse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SR getting new hanger mate

The SR is going to the back burner for a bit. I pulled the trigger and ordered a Parkflyers JumpJet. I have been torn between the Jetiger, Thundercat, and the Jumpjet. All are basicly the same airframe with different paint and motors, ESCs and batteries. The SR is going to get jealous cause it's going to get less of my attention and money at least for a while. I may even have to pull the reciever from the SR to use in the Jumpjet till I get another one. I have come to the realization that the SR is capable of the manuvers that I want to perform, I'm just not capable of performing them with the SR. It's not holding me back I'm holding the SR back. I long for some high speed passes and easy rolls and loops. Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink

Good luck marco! I have been flying the hell out of my planes lately, it's very relaxing and satisfying, rather than fighting the tail or fearing orientation loss I find the with planes it's just go fly and do whatever comes to mind. A lot less stressful and just as much gratification after the flight. I still keep sharp with the 125CP since it's cheap and easy to fix. Hell, the last crash didn't even break anything, thanks to tall grass.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good luck with the new plane. It looks like someone took the edf from my F-16 & put it on my Stryker. I would love to see it fly. Make sure you post pics and a vid in the plank section of the water cooler.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Planes are fun, but I haven't flown one in a month..... They get boring as hell soon.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, 70 MPH and no exposed prop to break. Looks like big fun. I've been thinking about something to get started into rc planes, but I might go nano and and get a Night Vapor.... The P-51 looks good, but I'd prefer to start with a yard flyer, and I bet it's too big for that.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah baby. EP I had considered turning a Stryker into an EDF the prop is the only thing I had against it. Like Mo says I need something relaxing to fly and the SR, mSR are not. My CX2 was brought out of retirement, it is relaxing to the point of being boring. I feel the need for speed. Jumpjet will get a Spektrum Rx from the start and will upgrade the stock motor, ESC and servos as I go along. The SR will still be getting flying time I have 260+ flights on it. I still love my SR just not in love with it. Oh and by the by the MIA TUFF blades did finally yesterday and the only thing TUFF about them is my tough luck for ordering them. I checked them and they are exactly the same as the Faux CF blades that I can get for 7.90 + 1.90 shipping. Only reason I ordered them at all was to try something different. Should have ordered the MicroHeli CF's for almost the same price as the MIA TUFF blades.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoeldragon View Post
The SR is going to the back burner for a bit. I pulled the trigger and ordered a Parkflyers JumpJet. I have been torn between the Jetiger, Thundercat, and the Jumpjet. All are basicly the same airframe with different paint and motors, ESCs and batteries. The SR is going to get jealous cause it's going to get less of my attention and money at least for a while. I may even have to pull the reciever from the SR to use in the Jumpjet till I get another one. I have come to the realization that the SR is capable of the manuvers that I want to perform, I'm just not capable of performing them with the SR. It's not holding me back I'm holding the SR back. I long for some high speed passes and easy rolls and loops. Wish me luck!
Good Luck........await your comments on the new 'hanger mate'

Land of the Free; thanks to the Brave
Old Blade Man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
Planes are fun, but I haven't flown one in a month..... They get boring as hell soon.
Take it from someone who's had many hobbies, everything gets old. It may be the most captivating thing now but next month it may be old news. When you look at money spent vs time spent enjoing it then planes become more appealing to some. Yes there is more challenge with helis but that's not always the only reason to do something. Once you start having more responsibilities and have more things to pay for you'll find that sometimes it's hard to justify the expense. Don't get me wrong, I still like flying a heli when I can but there's planes give me the satisfaction I'm after without stress over setup and fear of crashing. In the end we all do what gives us the most enjoyment with the least amount of grief, some with planes, some with helis, both with empty pockets.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jumpjet arrived this afternoon. Went a bought an AR6110E for it. Got it assembled, battery charged, Program made for the DX6i and bound the RX. Had some trouble getting the servos set up right, the wires and connectors were backwards from the E-Flite ones on the SR that took some cussing and head scratching to figure out. Had to tweek the program a bit to get the controls right. By the time all setup and tested it was too dark to do a maiden flight. Flying weight is 21oz I set it nose first on the scale steadied it and hit full throttle scale held at 39oz. Not sure how accurate that method is for figuring thrust. Anyway did some clean up of the leading edge foam and added some tape to cover the servo leads and reinforce the elevon hinge. Only complaint is the tail fins were stuck together in the package and kind of warped, probably gonna replace with balsa soon anyway along with the foam elevons. The SR was a bit jealous but glad it didn't have to give up it's RX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0167.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	180337   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0172.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	180338   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0173.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	180339   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0177.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	180340  
Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoeldragon View Post
Jumpjet arrived this afternoon. Went a bought an AR6110E for it. Got it assembled, battery charged, Program made for the DX6i and bound the RX. Had some trouble getting the servos set up right, the wires and connectors were backwards from the E-Flite ones on the SR that took some cussing and head scratching to figure out. Had to tweek the program a bit to get the controls right. By the time all setup and tested it was too dark to do a maiden flight. Flying weight is 21oz I set it nose first on the scale steadied it and hit full throttle scale held at 39oz. Not sure how accurate that method is for figuring thrust. Anyway did some clean up of the leading edge foam and added some tape to cover the servo leads and reinforce the elevon hinge. Only complaint is the tail fins were stuck together in the package and kind of warped, probably gonna replace with balsa soon anyway along with the foam elevons. The SR was a bit jealous but glad it didn't have to give up it's RX.
that thing looks super cool..... that thing will probably eat the sr

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like fun!! Is it possible to put landing gear on or hand launch only?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice looking jet, I like the WWI and WWII aircraft myself.

Danny's right you may want to keep the jet away from the SR, it may eat it for lunch.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool man - have fun, and hope to see you around, still.

Old 09-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have seen videos of one doing a slide takeoff from the grass, gonna give that a try the first time. Set of those E-Flite retracts might work good. Yes I will still be around, you are not getting rid of me that easy. The SR, CX2 and mSR are still getting flight time they just have to take a back seat for now. Look for updates in the Airplane foamies forum.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's pretty sweet looking Marco, and that's a nice plane.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Way cool Marco. The guy I got The Un-Amazing Yellow Bee glider from had a ducted F-16 too - said he'd flown it into the side of his barn accidentally, and it bounced off and only had a little dent in the nose to show for it. Durable for a foamie. So watch out for barns.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hi marcoeldragon,

Moved Thread
To:.........Foamies and Park Flyers 3D Foamies and Park Flyers are an EXCELLENT way to improve your reflexes and stick finesse

I feel like I'm way behind, my plane is just a Vapor!

Fun though, it's been a great indoor flyer for flying off and onto the table.

Friend has the Night Vapor and that's even better. Late evening flying is superb outdoors.

Left a 2 week redirect link so everyone can find and use this forum with ease.

Cheers,
Mike
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx TowPilot I was wondering if this was gonna get moved. I haven't flown fixed wing in about 6 years now so first flight with something that can do 70+ out of the box is a bit scary. Had light rain here all afternoon and sprinkles in the early evening so no maiden flight yet. Gave me time to make new tail fins from 3/16 balsa to replace the warped ones that came in the box. Made them about 2/3 of an inch shorter and squared off at the top. Will post pics tomorrow. Wow my first mod and it hasn't been in the air yet. Double and triple checked everything else that I can without actually getting airborne. Gotta take her to a bigger, flatter place near work for the first flight don't want any barns or trees or houses jumping out at me on the first flight.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

No worries about the move.
Here is a good place or the Social Group for any topic is fine too.
https://www.helifreak.com/groups/sr-forum-water-cooler-off-topics.html
Scroll to the bottom to start a new thread. I wish software developers kept things standard.
New thread is at the top here but at the bottom in Social Groups
It's my job to pick on the software developers, I work in hardware, just in fun though.

I'd lose that jet on the first flight by not being quick enough to make the first turn.
It would be up, up and away!

Cheers,
Mike
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anxiously awaiting reports from the maiden.........

TowPilot, those vapors are pretty fun, especially the night vapor. I'm having a blast with all my planes and it's nice not to feel like I'm on the brink of a crash from lost orientation with every other turn. It's nice to just toss it to the air, or take off, and just do whatever I can think of for 5min and then land it. I'd suggest getting an UM 4-site or UM SU-26XP, they are a good step up from the vapor, or maybe a champ if you're a little weary of a 4ch plane right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in