Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ds650 slowly pushes tail to the right? While on ground

I have a ds650 and when my gain is set to 100 in my tx and maxed on the gt5 as 92 on a black background it will slowly push the tail all the way tithe right. This Iswith no throttle input. When the gain on my tx is zero and I'm at 100 with a white background I see no signs of the servo slowly pushing the tail to its max. What is the issue? Bad servo?I think that is what was causing my drift? Servo was never crashed and gyro never crashed. I have only flown it about 6 times and I think I have had this issue since the beginning.
vic7322 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you move it back with the Tx , [stick] ? Or, will the tail respond correctly to moving the heli Lor R?
Is this an issue in the air?
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It responds to tx input and I have a very slight drift in the air
Old 03-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I have the same issue. No every time though. On bench, after moving rudder stick randomly, the tail slider is creeping to right side. If move rudder stick again, tail is under control. But as soon as I center the stick, the creeping is back until max right distance.
This can only be fixed by recycle power. I guess this is the cause of having right turn on vertical tic toc. See my "inconsistent piro" thread.

Already talking to TT. But no progress yet.

Guruduck
guruduck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had this same issue. I solved it by powering on the tx making sure it was in heading hold then power on the heli. Once I did this no more problems. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
NjRep335i is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh, ok i tried that, i was in the white background, adjusted my linkage so there is no drift, also in the white background i push the tail and its acting like its in HH mode. I thought that the black background was HH mode.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

This thing is flying way better against the white background, the tail seems to get better when i increase the P value and it does not drift. BUT when i go to the black background i have bad drift and the tail is twitching like crazy...To the point that I want to rip thing gyro out and try a beastx! Guys am i missing something??
Old 03-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

What radio are you using. I have a dx6I and not sure what you mean by white and black backrounds.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Eclipse 7 hitec. But I'm talking about the background color of the total gain on the gt5 gyro
Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have the gt5 gyro. But it seems that something is messed up between your rate and heading hold. Sorry I can't give you more info.best of luck.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There was a post somewhere quoting Thunder tiger as saying they have issues with Align and Hitec servo's due to the way these servo's handle the signal!
I wouldn't personally ever use the DS650 but I wouldn't say for sure it is servo related!
Heve you checked for pot drift from your Tx? Also what have you set the dead band to?
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not know how to check pot drift in the tx.. Man that sure does suck if my servo is not going to work with this gyro. How do i test pot drift with my tx?"
Old 03-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic7322 View Post
I do not know how to check pot drift in the tx.. Man that sure does suck if my servo is not going to work with this gyro. How do i test pot drift with my tx?"
Problem with Align servos is completely different kind of problem than yours. Align servos have problem if these are powered up and dont have control signal. In this case the Align servo will move to one side in full physical servo travel. When will G-T5 send control signal to servos (after initialization) then all is fine.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

So its ok if my tail servo creeps all the way to one side while on the ground? Not a bad servo? How can i fix drift and tail twitch in HH, seems to work fine when im in the supposed rate mode of this gyro, even though it is compensting for tail movement on the ground just like HH on the white background total gain setting. I have not messed with the dead band...not sure what it is supposed to change.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So its ok if my tail servo creeps all the way to one side while on the ground? Not a bad servo? How can i fix drift and tail twitch in HH, seems to work fine when im in the supposed rate mode of this gyro, even though it is compensting for tail movement on the ground just like HH on the white background total gain setting. I have not messed with the dead band...not sure what it is supposed to change.
No it is not OK, but it is a different kind of problem. Your problem may be caused by G-T5 sensors drift. Power on your heli, when your tail will start drift, go into G-T5 tools menu and watch if any sensor indicate movement. Here is video of one from my G-T5's with drifting sensor:

Jump to 49s to view sensor drift. If this is your case contact your dealer for replacement.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah, Thank You for making that video. So at 1:04 - 1:14 that IS a drifting sensor right? I have bad eyes but it looked like that value was increasing.. And the very end of your video I think I saw that value increasing too. I am waiting for my tx battery to finish charging then Im off to test this out!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So at 1:04 - 1:14 that IS a drifting sensor right?
Yes, you are right. Check it and let us know.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I tried this and I was not gettng the numbers increasing like you were. I noticed that all the x y and z values were 0 at first. then i came out of that window and into it again and saw -1 on the x value. I did not move the heli at all, just moved my rudder stick on the tx to get it to show the symptoms of it moving and then i see the servo slooooowly creep.. Its almost down to every second the motor hums and begins to turn... I know you never add trim but i just ever so slightly held my rudder stick to where it would not let the servo creep, i dont have another tx to test with, just my eclipse 7 on 72mhz. Is that -1 value a sign of sensor drift should those values always be zero??? THe manual hardly talks about them, only if you change the value that you need to reset them. I accidently changed the Y value on mine messing around with it, but that was after the fact i noticed the -1. I never saw the values increase, it would only show me a new value when i came out and back into the window. I did notice a -9 the very first time but i then went out of the menu, did that reset thing of the mounting direction like you did and came back and it was back to zero.....
Old 03-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is that -1 value a sign of sensor drift should those values always be zero???
Based on your description, your sensors are OK . I think you have bad pots in TX. Set your gain TX channel to 0 and connect wire from RX gain channel to tail input on G-T5 and report. You may use other RX channel too.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

THanks a lot swalko, I did see how those numbers change, didnt make sense but after resetting my gt5 i see what that is supposed to do, Yea they are not increasing at all, so no sensor drift. I tried this with different servos and it seems to do the same creep with both so its not the ds650, I WISH i could try another tx to see if this is the case but it sounds like i may have a tx issue. Is there any way i can make that managble in my tx, like setting exp or something so that the rx does not see that little pot input? THis is a great excuse to get a new aurora 9 or dx8!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in