Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion

Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers and Other Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #1061 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man!! That thing has like 1.2 oz/in less torque but higher speed by .03sec.... Interesting...

This solar servo might not be bad for 10bucks a pop
Goblin Gasser TRM VX310TT Align MJ Design DTS 700N 91 HZ-R 3D Blackout Extreme Gasser #4 MCPX BL 2 iX12

Gaba
Rahulgaba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #1062 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are there any issues placing this gyro close to the motor? I have been playing around with mounting locations on my 450 sport and it is to big to use the gyro tray. I'm thinking of mounting on the bottom plate of the frame but I would need to mount it under the main gear to be able to access the data port.
GBKSU is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #1063 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am not sure how the sport's gyro tray looks like.. but if its just smaller in length, but width is ok, then its similar to pro's.. and I am still using the same shorter one on my tarot. as far as it sticks good, it should be ok.

under the main gear and near the motor.. i am a little unsure about all that. I would think you would be putting it very near to the biggest source of high frequency noise (motor and main gear) , but hey... if its working for people.. let them chime in!
Goblin Gasser TRM VX310TT Align MJ Design DTS 700N 91 HZ-R 3D Blackout Extreme Gasser #4 MCPX BL 2 iX12

Gaba
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #1064 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulgaba View Post
I am not sure how the sport's gyro tray looks like.. but if its just smaller in length, but width is ok, then its similar to pro's.. and I am still using the same shorter one on my tarot. as far as it sticks good, it should be ok.

under the main gear and near the motor.. i am a little unsure about all that. I would think you would be putting it very near to the biggest source of high frequency noise (motor and main gear) , but hey... if its working for people.. let them chime in!
That was my concern as well. The zyx is taller than the gp780 and slightly wider. This would cause it to come into contact with the upper frame which would not be good. Mounting it further back on the bottom tray covers the status lights and makes access to the data port troublesome. I guess it could be mounted on the side of the frame but there really isn't a good spot that doesn't require mounting over frame screws.

So if I am understanding you correctly your mounting on the pro has the gyro "hanging" partially off the tray? Is it ok to use a Velcro strap to help secure it or would this be a bad idea as far as vibration? Are you using the supplied tape or something else?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #1065 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i was using the tape that came with it, but I did not install the gyro perpendicular to all three axis. I was told to change that. so i had to use the gyro tape that comes in a roll.. two strips.. metal one strip gyro..

Honestly i haven't secured it, but i guess i should. But it should be ok, as far as you can see the lights and access the ports.

Gaba
Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #1066 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the sport is like the 450 se v2 which it probably is similar I have mine on the bottom plate, mounted over to one side to allow access to the data port through the side frame, and this position also allows for access to the set button from the other side. The lights are very visible even in this position as they are pretty bright.
It is working well for me.
Busher is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Registered Users

I mounted it on the gyrotray. Steel plate (spartan) included. It's only longer so it's no problem on my 450.

After a lot of testflying, changing settings (USB-link) point after point, I ended up like this:
Roll & Pitch: agility : 40 Gain : 24
Tail :Yawrate L & R: 40 Gain : 100

Advanced setup:
Roll & Pitch: P=65, I=100, D=30
Acceleration 125 Deceleration 55
RC deadband 10, Gyro deadband 4

Tail Yaw: P=70,I=50, D=30
Acceleration L&R: 125
Deceleration L&R: 25
RC deadband=10 Gyro deadband=4
Tail compensation cyclic tot tail = 4 collective to tail=8

Helisetup:
3x hitec HS65bb on swash
Align DS520 on tail.
ESC : Hobbywing platinum 40 Amp
Motor 3500 KV stock KDS (2008)
Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #1068 (permalink)

Can't get the ZYX software to work on my PC , what is the trick?
Cap231ex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #1069 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap231ex View Post
Can't get the ZYX software to work on my PC , what is the trick?
if you are using the software provided by tarot.. then there is a better version.... page 97 on this same forum has John_NZ's software links. Its got good features, and easy to install and use, and if you have an issue, google john_nz tarot software, and you'll find a rcg or rcu post, and he supports everything there.. answers almost immediately...

try it out..

Gaba
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #1070 (permalink)

I got it to work after a complete reboot.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #1071 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did a search and couldn't find the answer. What frequency setting should I use for the Align DS410m's and DS420 servos?

Edit: Found the answer 1520us for both. This has probably been posted but if it hasn't I found this site helpful.

http://www.beastx.com/service_servoliste.html

I am a relatively new flyer. I can fly circuits with some loops. Any suggestions on what mode (3d, extreme, etc) I should use as a starting point?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #1072 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBKSU View Post
I did a search and couldn't find the answer. What frequency setting should I use for the Align DS410m's and DS420 servos?
Both digital and the tail should be 333Hz.
http://www.helixrc.com/technology/frame-rates.html
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #1073 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Good cyclic micro servos

Metal Gear servos were supposed to free us from dealing with stripped gears too often. Not for me. Been using the digital version 5065MG of the ever-more-popular 65MG for months and recently the $17 metal gears been stripping more than you'd see in the red-light-district.

Looking at all servos I could find in any price range the Savox 0255 stands out with a monstrous torque @ $33 a pop with $10 replacement gears. That amount of excess torque, often regarded unnecessary, should stop the stripping after most insignificant blade strikes.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #1074 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by asasan View Post
Metal Gear servos were supposed to free us from dealing with stripped gears too often. Not for me. Been using the digital version 5065MG of the ever-more-popular 65MG for months and recently the $17 metal gears been stripping more than you'd see in the red-light-district.

Looking at all servos I could find in any price range the Savox 0255 stands out with a monstrous torque @ $33 a pop with $10 replacement gears. That amount of excess torque, often regarded unnecessary, should stop the stripping after most insignificant blade strikes.
They seem a little slow. What about the Savox 0261?
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #1075 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
They seem a little slow. What about the Savox 0261?
the outstanding torque of the SH-0255MG (54 oz-in) is the crux of my point. The 0261 is back to normal range at 30 oz-in. like 5065's and the stock DS76.

the speed of servos is a significant consideration when choosing tail servos. The .03 sec difference (which incidentally is the TOTAL for some tail servos) on cyclic is perceptible at competition level flying, but lost in our flying our 450's around. not to undermine anyone's aspirations.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #1076 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Both digital and the tail should be 333Hz.
http://www.helixrc.com/technology/frame-rates.html

Thanks for the link. I guess I am confused on this matter. So am I understanding correctly that the 333Hz is the refresh rate for the servos and the 1520us is the pulse length?

I don't see anywhere in the setup menus on the laptop where the refresh rate is selected just the pulse. (under setup->servo type) Is this correct? Do I want to select 1520us digital for both swash and tail servos? I am assuming that the 333Hz is a common refresh rate for digital servos?

A seperate question. Can I go through the setup without "mounting" the gyro in the frame as long as it is not moving around?

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #1077 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBKSU View Post
Thanks for the link. I guess I am confused on this matter. So am I understanding correctly that the 333Hz is the refresh rate for the servos and the 1520us is the pulse length?

I don't see anywhere in the setup menus on the laptop where the refresh rate is selected just the pulse. (under setup->servo type) Is this correct? Do I want to select 1520us digital for both swash and tail servos? I am assuming that the 333Hz is a common refresh rate for digital servos?

A seperate question. Can I go through the setup without "mounting" the gyro in the frame as long as it is not moving around?

Thanks for the help.
yes to all.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #1078 (permalink)
Registered Users

im using the cheapie eflite ds76 servos on my cyclic and they have been great. plenty fast and great torque. they will break the cases and gears though in a crash but nothing in flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Jq891bjaA
tacomaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #1079 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaster View Post
im using the cheapie eflite ds76 servos on my cyclic and they have been great. plenty fast and great torque. they will break the cases and gears though in a crash but nothing in flight.
no doubt the numbers are good on the cheapie while up in the air. on the ground however,
a set of gear with case would cost $6. I gladly ignoring tax, ship'g and waiting involved, but there is no way I ignore the dreaded process of changing, re-wiring servos, grease and mess aside, opening those four tiny bastard screws (even with highest quality small JIS phillips drivers) becomes a drag before the five stripping it takes to break even and enter years of joy and celebration.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #1080 (permalink)

Anyone else have trouble with the uploading the firmware update to the program using Windows Vista?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in