Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setting Head Gyro for Scale setup

I'm finishing up a scale help and have a question on the final Horizon setting. I did the test flying and settled on a Rigid Head Gyro default of 60. Although I don't need the collective pitch action of CR, I was hoping to set a higher Horizon self leveling in case of temporary disorientation just to level things out. On tab7, after selecting Horizon, then Hover & Scale, what should I set my radio up to do?

What I have done is, on the Diagnose tab, set my Trainer switch so that in the Normal position, my HOR Channel show 60 and if I activate my TRN switch, my setting goes to 85. My Head Gyro setting stays at 60.

Does this sound correct?

Thanks,

Mark

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458925322.756891.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	642913

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458925334.527126.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	642914

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458925346.833328.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	642915

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458925355.687748.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	642916
MarkH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 04:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This means that you are constantly flying with 60% horizon gain, and increase it to 85% when button is pushed. That does not make real sense, as the difference in gain is not that dramatic.

Suggestion, if you want to go this way: Trainer switch in normal position should have a 0% signal (center) on the Horizon mode. This means you are on yourself, no horizon active during flying. Unless you need the horizon to level the heli and push the Trainer button, then it should move to whatever value you like: 60-80% sounds good.
DEMONjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 06:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Joachim,

Thank you, that makes sense. I'll try that. I know that BD is very popular in Europe with the scale fliers. Do you know if "Horizon - Hover & Scale" is how most scale guys set up their large helis or are they just running Rigid?
Old 03-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's how I have mine set. A two position switch with pos 0 having 0 gain for reg (no self level) mode, and then 60% for horizon self level. Im a newbie and my bd3sx has been great on my 550 pro dfc--so stable even when its not in horizon mode----

Jim

Trex 550 Pro DFC, Trex 500 Pro DFC, Trex 550L, Goblin 500 Sport, Goblin 700, Ar7200BX, Ar7210BX, GPRO, BD3SX, DX9
Suenaga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been using VBar for the last 6-7 years so a little bit of a learning curve.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
I've been using VBar for the last 6-7 years so a little bit of a learning curve.

Thanks.
I would be interested in your reason for the switch to BD.

(PM if you don't want to make public)
Old 03-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too
Old 03-30-2016, 09:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
Do you know if "Horizon - Hover & Scale" is how most scale guys set up their large helis or are they just running Rigid?
Yes, that's the only mode allowed for a not symmetric collective curve. Usually you have hover pitch at mid stick set to 4-6° on scale machines. With this, the rescue mode options are not allowed to be used!
If one wants to run rigid mode only, get a 3X. No need for a 3SX, as the horizon and rescue options are the "only" difference.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
I would be interested in your reason for the switch to BD.

(PM if you don't want to make public)
Got into Logos and VBar was my first FBL experience after ditching the flybar (FYI, started with piezos in '95). I was very happy with everything about VBar until the Neo & vcontrol. The single line, xbus in my case, restriction and governor setup ( which now goes through Neo ) took a lot of the flexibility away.

I'm only building large scale stuff now and know a majority of the scale guys in Europe all use BD. Plus, I previously did one BD setup but it was a fairly simple one and I did not fully understand the process.

Joachim,
Danke für Ihre Hilfe. Meine Mutter ist Deutsche und ich lebte dort bis zum Alter von 6. Ich bin 51 und wir immer noch meine sehr großen deutschen Familie alle 2 Jahre gehen besuchen. Es ist eine kleine Stadt, die von Trier an der Mosel.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks, danke.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info.

Und viel Spaß beim nächsten Besuch in Deutschland. Trier ist leider recht weit (für deutsche Verhältnisse, 300mi) von hier, sonst hätte ich Dich auf einen Stop eingeladen
Will be at Joe Nall and IRCHA though.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMONjoe View Post
Yes, that's the only mode allowed for a not symmetric collective curve. Usually you have hover pitch at mid stick set to 4-6° on scale machines. With this, the rescue mode options are not allowed to be used!
If one wants to run rigid mode only, get a 3X. No need for a 3SX, as the horizon and rescue options are the "only" difference.
Hi Joachim, I'm not quite following you on this one? I set up my 600 esp to fly with pitch curve set at 5° at mid stick and have been using rescue on my 3SX. It seems to be working as I test it while hovering. Haven't had to use it for a crash yet, knock on wood. I'm now building my 2nd 600 esp for AS350 scale with 3 blade scale starflex head. So looking through BD threads to see if set up will be any different from my 2 blade 600 and came across this post. Thanks for your help as always. Terry
Tapgorup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in