Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Outrage Velocity 50 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default new velo 50 owner with a gearquestion

hi all
i have recently bought a second hand velo 50 after wanting one for what seems like forever.
stripped the heli down and given it a massive overhaul.new bearings where needed and the like.
put a rossi 57 in it and using the 129t main gear.my question is, what benefits is there to running the 132t gear and would i have to change my engine pinion.only asking as i bought the 132t and i is around 2mm bigger in diameter than the 129t.so to fit it i would need either a bigger pinion or to move the engine and clutch forward 2mm.
any advice is greatly appreciated
Tom
backflipinfreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Tom, My Velocity 50 is still running the prototype frames and they do not have slots...but I am pretty sure the production frames have the clutch bell and engine mount frame hole "enlongated" to allow movement back and forth.

If they do not...you can just pull your engine and clutch bell bearing block out and elongate any holes to allow you to slide the motor mount and clutch bell bearing block to get the proper gear mesh...

As for the benefits...I guess that would depend on the headspeed you are wanting to run and what RPM the motor needs to be to be into it's powerband. I have not ran the Nova Rossi and have no idea what RPM it likes to run on...maybe someone else can chime in if the Novi Rossi likes the 8.8 ratio over the 8.6 ratio...going to 132T (8.8 ratio) of course is going to speed up engine RPM for a given headspeed...as say a 2200HS on 8.6 ratio is 18920RPM on motor and with 8.8 ratio is 19360 motor RPM...
Greg Alderman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheers for that Greg.my velo does not have slots for the engine and clutch bearing just holes.will see how it flys on the stock gear and file the holes out if need be for the 132t gear.
Tom
backflipinfreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Even the 1st batch of pre-order kits had slotted holes, how is it possible that yours does not? I can't imagine that more than a handful of kits in public hands could pre-date that.
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in