Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 425

Hurricane 425 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 425

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default +/- pitch and swash settings and how much cyclic?

Okay so I just got my third and last cyclic servo in and wanted to set up the radio and heli. so I got my pitch gauge out and found where the flybar would be level at and started programing, made sure everything in radio is center and all.

Well right now I have +10 pitch and -9 pitch in stunt mode 1 and 2

In normal mode I have +10 and -4 pitch

How does this sound?

This is about what my blade 400 has and it fly so good like this.

Now what i like to know is your swash, how much elevator and aileron movment do you need? my elevator movment looks INSANE but maybe just cause not used to those huge paddles .

however full + pitch and full forward and one corner left or right while trying to rotate the head something binds.

Right now the Swash is

AILE:-60
ELEV:-60
PIT: -45

This was a model mem and set up from my mini titan.

Thanks for any input

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What normal pitch curve do you have ?. How do you fly ?

You "should" have the same positive and negative pitch (you can get this by moving your swash down very slightly on the sub-trim until you have the same plus and minus - you would then need to increase your swash setting slight;y until you get +/-10). However if you are just hovering then having different + and - settings is not a major problem
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
What normal pitch curve do you have ?. How do you fly ?

You "should" have the same positive and negative pitch (you can get this by moving your swash down very slightly on the sub-trim until you have the same plus and minus - you would then need to increase your swash setting slight;y until you get +/-10). However if you are just hovering then having different + and - settings is not a major problem
My PC's are set as should be for St 1 and two same as my blade 400 is.
I do flips loops rolls and all now with blade not saying I be doing all that with this thing for a while lol ii am sure i be nervous as heck to hover it 10 feet off the ground for a while the size and power it sound like over the lil Blade400.

The pitch should be fine now just want to know about cyclic right now if you give left or right the flybar paddle moves about 45 degree. that to much right?

I lowered the AILE and ELEV to about 20 on the swash menu and it doesn't move anything like it was but not sure its enough.

Still do not have motor so just trying get it all set up so be ready when i do.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have + 10 and - 9 you must not have 0 pitch at mid-stick. Go back and set to 0 pitch at mid-stick, then, as Mike suggested change the PIT setting in the swash menu to get the maximum equal pitch at high and low that you want.

As for the AIL and ELEV settings in the swash menu, you will need to set them so that you have the amount of "cyclic" pitch you want. Put your pitch gauge on the blades, then move the stick to add left or right cyclic at mid throttle stick. Check to see how much cyclic pitch you have then adjust to what you want. Do the same with the elevator to get the same cyclic pitch.

For starting out with a new heli, 6 degrees is a good start. You can change it later to suit your needs. I am running + - 13 degrees of collective pitch, and 7 degrees of cyclic pitch on my 425.

After that, I usually put a small bubble level on the fly bar paddles, then watch it at full positive, and full negative collective from mid stick. If it moves off-center, then change the servo end-points at each end till the bubble stays level.

I don't need the latest and greatest. I just need more time to fly what I have.
Align 450 Sport V2, Gaui 200, Gaui 425 x 2, "HeadHunter 500, Gaui 550, all Flybar'd

Jerrymac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrymac View Post
If you have + 10 and - 9 you must not have 0 pitch at mid-stick. Go back and set to 0 pitch at mid-stick, then, as Mike suggested change the PIT setting in the swash menu to get the maximum equal pitch at high and low that you want.

As for the AIL and ELEV settings in the swash menu, you will need to set them so that you have the amount of "cyclic" pitch you want. Put your pitch gauge on the blades, then move the stick to add left or right cyclic at mid throttle stick. Check to see how much cyclic pitch you have then adjust to what you want. Do the same with the elevator to get the same cyclic pitch.

For starting out with a new heli, 6 degrees is a good start. You can change it later to suit your needs. I am running + - 13 degrees of collective pitch, and 7 degrees of cyclic pitch on my 425.

After that, I usually put a small bubble level on the fly bar paddles, then watch it at full positive, and full negative collective from mid stick. If it moves off-center, then change the servo end-points at each end till the bubble stays level.
13 WOW . does this heli really need that much? Thought bigger heli didn't need as much
yes I have Zero at center stick, I set up zero at center before i started doing anything else.

i got the cyclic where nothing is hitting no matter full - or + and or any full input i will try it like that.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
13 WOW . does this heli really need that much? Thought bigger heli didn't need as much
yes I have Zero at center stick, I set up zero at center before i started doing anything else.

i got the cyclic where nothing is hitting no matter full - or + and or any full input i will try it like that.

No, it don't need 13 degrees of pitch. I am just old and lazy and don't like to have to push the stick all the way to get lots of punch.

I don't need the latest and greatest. I just need more time to fly what I have.
Align 450 Sport V2, Gaui 200, Gaui 425 x 2, "HeadHunter 500, Gaui 550, all Flybar'd

Jerrymac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No, it don't need 13 degrees of pitch. I am just old and lazy and don't like to have to push the stick all the way to get lots of punch.
LMAO

Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
If you have + 10 and - 9 you must not have 0 pitch at mid-stick. Go back and set to 0 pitch at mid-stick

What Jerrymac is saying is you should have the same amount of pitch in both directions, or something is off in your head. If you do not change anything, you should be getting +9.5 or -9.5. Understand?
WessCo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WessCo View Post
What Jerrymac is saying is you should have the same amount of pitch in both directions, or something is off in your head. If you do not change anything, you should be getting +9.5 or -9.5. Understand?
yeah well My level on my Gauge is not 100 straight its home made. so that could be it. and or flybar not 100% level, as I check one side them rotate and check the other then roate and check the negitive I do not know how to lock the fly bar straight so will not move.

I always got like 10+ and -9.5 on my blade400

Old 08-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

+- 15 here diled down to 13 before it crashed
rotor head33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotor head33 View Post
WOW 15...... holy! what HS you run? did it bog any

Old 08-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotor head33 View Post

how much cyclic did you have then? there must have been binding somewhere...
nexgen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen View Post
how much cyclic did you have then? there must have been binding somewhere...
yeah i would think so . that's a lot

Old 08-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a ton of cylic really. Can't really measure but no, nit really any supper bogging didnt fly it hard.
rotor head33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in