Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #2181 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Ok, I have a stupid question, but here goes.

Just finished building two mxpx v1 HP06 birds, one dbl brushless, one not. Both fly great. I noticed that in this newer version of blheli (9.2) that you dont have access to the percentage slider to change the rpm of the motor like in earlier versions.

However, in the top part of the screen, if you reduce the number of teeth on the main gear, the percentage/rpm goes up. Is this the way to do it now, or is this just merely a calculation on screen and it has no effect. Note that i am using 8t pinions on both at this time.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #2182 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The slider is only applicable to Gov Setup mode and has always been. The newest version of BLHeliSetup just makes it more obvious.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #2183 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug View Post
Looking into the code details... When calibrating throttle, 5 is subtracted from the found max value in order to cope with tolerances and variation. So, if calibration finds 255 as max, 250 will be stored. If setting max with BLHeliSetup, it should work well to set a value above 250. Which can extend your range a little bit, from 2000 to 2020 .
Excellent! Just tried it out by saving my current setting to file and edit the file manually. Now PPM min/max is perfect just like before where my 8000kV hp08s tops out at 96% not 92%. BTW, that's 5600rpm with 10T on the 130X and 7800rpm with 8T on the mCPx.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #2184 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadders248 View Post
Hey there,

I'm just about to setup a 130x with a Spin 8000 and XP-12a, is there a guide for calibrating min/max points?

Thanks,

Paul
Read the TX programming manual from "github" linked to in the 1st post.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #2185 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a question, I'm a newbe to HF forum and hope this is the right thread.
I have a 3in1 that i believe has a bad tail FET.. Everything works on my mcpx except the tail motor just spins real slow after i plug in the battery. Is this board a good candidate for a double brushless mod with a flashed xp3a/hpo3t for the tail? Will I need to remove the FET or can I just solder the signal wire at the point I believe is called an mcu or gate and be done. btw it's a v1 3in1.
TGsss1212 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #2186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Magic Smoke :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug View Post
Requires some skills in understanding electronics and software. And involves some risk of smelling magic smoke .
Basically all the info in the ".inc" file needs to be entered. Which pin of the MCU goes to which FET with which polarity and so on. Also there are some parameters for ADC voltage level and timing of the fet switching.
@ Sskaug :

Did you see some magic smoke or not yet ??
I'm exciting to test the new ESC Opto !

Let me know when it's ready for action
Thank you
Théo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #2187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsss1212 View Post
Will I need to remove the FET or can I just solder the signal wire at the point I believe is called an mcu or gate and be done. btw it's a v1 3in1.
Well, I would suggest to remove the FET; it's damaged and removing is not that difficult.
But it is not very likely that it would otherwise result in a noticeable higher power consumption.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #2188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks 4712 will do some surgery and build my mild bl bird (thinking an hp05s/xp7a and hp02t/xp3a)... My next question would be about gov Tx mode vs. gov arm on what i consider my wild bl bird (hp06s/xp12a hp03t/xp3a). If i'm not getting any tbo with gov tx mode is there any benefit with setting up gov arm mode. I don't need to change desired headspeed too often.
TGsss1212 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #2189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsss1212 View Post
Thanks 4712 will do some surgery and build my mild bl bird (thinking an hp05s/xp7a and hp02t/xp3a)... My next question would be about gov Tx mode vs. gov arm on what i consider my wild bl bird (hp06s/xp12a hp03t/xp3a). If i'm not getting any tbo with gov tx mode is there any benefit with setting up gov arm mode. I don't need to change desired headspeed too often.
hope this helps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
You need to get into the GOV ARM function of the ESC and play with the throttle curves to use the pretorque compensation of the 3-n-1 to prevent the tail kick in collective moves. That function is negated when you are in GOV TX.
if you need more about this, read on here, look for tail-mix, gov-arm... everthing is nicely explained in the first post

BLHeli with locator beacon now!
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #2190 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
The slider is only applicable to Gov Setup mode and has always been. The newest version of BLHeliSetup just makes it more obvious.
ok, got it figured out. Set my percentages to 80%. Question. For main governor mode, do I put it back to TX (0) or leave it on Setup (2) after selecting where I want it governed at? I'm assuming I put it back on GOV TX mode for now, correct?
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #2191 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The percentage number is stored in the ESC for Gov Setup mode to use. If you run Gov TX mode, real-time throttle is used. It's stated in the manual. Or read my thread.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #2192 (permalink)
Registered Users

How can I turn of the governor of my flashed esc without a toolstick? I'm using a XP7A and a C05M 8t, which bogs very easily, slow response to pitch pumps too. I hope running a flat 100 without governor will make it a bit more fun?
ntotheo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #2193 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntotheo View Post
How can I turn of the governor of my flashed esc without a toolstick? I'm using a XP7A and a C05M 8t, which bogs very easily, slow response to pitch pumps too. I hope running a flat 100 without governor will make it a bit more fun?
Go ahead and set a flat 100, at that point the governor has no effect. No need to change settings.
Kendo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #2194 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
Go ahead and set a flat 100, at that point the governor has no effect. No need to change settings.
Ok thx. I also ordered a usb toolstick. Does anyone have the correct settings for the co5m motor? I think mine are wrong because i feel like it was more powerful brushed then bl. I soldered everything directly except the motor. And switched to micro deans, but no difference.. So until now i'm quite dissapointed with my bl conversion..
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #2195 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Not sure what exactly do you mean by slow response to pitch pump. My guess is you either have a non-flat throttle curve (no-no for Gov TX mode) or you set too low a flat throttle curve (throttle value does NOT correspond to amount of throttle). If it's still less powerful than stock with 100% flat throttle curve, make sure your motor cover is not touching anything.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #2196 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always use flat TC's, I started with 50-55% flat in tx governor mode, then 60, 65.. I also tried 100%. When flying around 55% throttle, it only bogs when pumping the pitch really hard (on 70% pitch), and also has +- 100gr constant thrust on a good battery. The problem is, the time it takes to get to that amount of thrust, when pumping the pitch and keeping it on max, I get arount 70-80gr of thrust and it slowly goes up to 100, max 110. Thats what I mean by slow response :p. Don't know if its normal.. Maybe I'll just have to throw te c05 away, forget about mild bl and put a HP05s-HP06s in? (don't know what the best - most powerfull - motor is to use with an xp7A?)
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #2197 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Definitely not normal with a flat throttle curve and sounds like a non-flat throttle curve to me. You should get max thrust instantly when you give full collective and then headspeed drops together with max thrust. There's nothing for the governor to increase HS (not throttle) on high collective. Governor of course needs to increase throttle on high collective when that drags down HS, but max thrust is always the instant you have full collective.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #2198 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Definitely not normal with a flat throttle curve and sounds like a non-flat throttle curve to me. You should get max thrust instantly when you give full collective and then headspeed drops together with max thrust. There's nothing for the governor to increase HS (not throttle) on high collective. Governor of course needs to increase throttle on high collective when that drags down HS, but max thrust is always the instant you have full collective.
Could it be my batteries? On the stockers I get 80grs immediately. And I have one left from Beez2B which gives me 110grs, governored on 55%. But they start out a little lower and work their way up to 110grs.. Could be my scale too ofc.. All the other ones are 560mah's 45c's which only give me about 70grs. (they were stored like 2months fully charged, totaled my previous mcpx under a car.)

Anyway, I ordered myself a HP06V2. But I'm going to test her again in a big gym room later this day on a flat 100%, last time I flew her was in the snow with some wind..

Thanks for your replies btw
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #2199 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Théo View Post
@ Sskaug :

Did you see some magic smoke or not yet ??
I'm exciting to test the new ESC Opto !

Let me know when it's ready for action
Thank you
No magic smoke, and quite simple. Although the pcb layout is very different, the MCU signal mapping is the same as the Plush 40A esc.
So, for the HW Flyfun 40A opto, just use the Plush 40A code
sskaug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #2200 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Could it be my batteries? On the stockers I get 80grs immediately. And I have one left from Beez2B which gives me 110grs, governored on 55%. But they start out a little lower and work their way up to 110grs.. Could be my scale too ofc.. All the other ones are 560mah's 45c's which only give me about 70grs. (they were stored like 2months fully charged, totaled my previous mcpx under a car.)

Anyway, I ordered myself a HP06V2. But I'm going to test her again in a big gym room later this day on a flat 100%, last time I flew her was in the snow with some wind..

Thanks for your replies btw
For your reference, this was not BLHeli. Just 100% flat curve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in