Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > R/C Helicopter Event Forum

R/C Helicopter Event Forum Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboy55 View Post
I just tried to sign up and

Malicious Web Site Blocked

You attempted to access:
http://ircha.org/

This is a known malicious web site. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

For your protection, this web site has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

Exit this site

Its your AntiVirus. Turn it off or allow IRCHA.org and you will be OK. Several people who have had Norton had this issue.

President
www.corflyers.net
sdlloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

member login to register doesn't seam to be working.
edge_pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Non Pilots

Is there something non-pilots need to do to register for this?
christopherkriens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

non-pilot show up at the show and enjoy for free!
edge_pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see it costs 50.oo to sign up, what is the deadline for this, ?
and how do I go about renting a golf cart for the event, and how much does this cost ?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I registered yesterday and ususally the golf cart rental link will be available some time in May. Prices vary depending on if you get a cart with or without a roof and with or without a 4 passenger flip deck, and depending on if you rent for just IRCHA or like some of us for the whole week.
Last year I rented a 4 passenger flip deck with a top for the whole week for about $200+. Can't remember exactly but I know it was a great deal for a whole week with no gas or maintenance to worry about.....

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Doug Darby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hotel Reservations....

If you are sure you are attending and know what the dates you need hotels for are, you can save some big dollars on Hotels in Muncie if you use Priceline.com. The catch is that you can't pick the exact hotel, and they bill your card as soon as they accept your bid price and No Refunds, No cancellations, No Changes. Although one year I was able to arrive a day earlier at the same pricline rate I had for the rest of the stay. The up side is that I got the same hotel I have been in for several years for $45 per night and the advertised rate was $86.

Can't wait for August....

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Old 04-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyin2fly View Post
I see it costs 50.oo to sign up, what is the deadline for this, ?
and how do I go about renting a golf cart for the event, and how much does this cost ?
Not sure about a deadline for the online registration but I know you can register when you get to the event. I think it costs a few bucks more if you wait and register there (could be wrong). Just don't forget to bring your AMA card. For that matter, even if you pre-register, make sure you bring your AMA card when you check in and get your badge and packet.

For the carts it should be this company. http://www.salopekgolfcar-equip.com/
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just waiting on the cart rentals to open up now!
flyalan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Cart Rentals and Volunteer lists are up and active....

Old 05-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went to my first local Funfly the weekend and I am excited to see a "big one". What can I expect at IRCHA? Would two days be enough for a first timer?
mparker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker View Post
I went to my first local Funfly the weekend and I am excited to see a "big one". What can I expect at IRCHA? Would two days be enough for a first timer?
If you're only going two days make it Friday and Saturday. We stayed from Tue-Sun last year and it was our first time too. It was a blast staying at Site 3 and being there the entire time. Lots of night flying goes on until the wee hours of the morning.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can anyone inform me how we register from abroad? I am not an AMA member and can't become one if I am not a US resident, therefore I can't register to IRCHA without an AMA #. I bet there is a way, many international pilots fly there.

Thanks!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would register upon arrival.. in fact.. the line for "preregistered pilots" was MUCH longer than the registration line last year! So I'm not registering online this time.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have family in Evansville and was considering attending this years event. The only problem is I am not a great pilot and don't know what to expect, or if it is even worth my efforts as I am traveling from Florida. It is always nice to see family, but is it really worth it for me. I probably would not fly at all as I would be too intimidated which would probably lead to a catastrophic failure on my end. What are your thoughts? Make the trip, or keep up on the sim and practice and try to catch next years event where I may be able to fly?????
Jasbrek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is well worth the trip. Just the experience alone is worth the trip. The atmosphere is nothing short of electrified. Just think, The worlds top pilots all in the same place at the same time. Does it really get any better then that?

As for you flying there its not an issue. You can do as I do, just enjoy the day watching everyone else fly, hang out and talk to people, Overall just enjoy yourself. Then when everyone goes to dinner sneak off somewhere and get some flights in. It is an 1100 acre facility afterall. And no, Im not telling where I sneak off to.

My first year I didnt even take a heli with me and had a blast!!!
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankcincy View Post
It is well worth the trip. Just the experience alone is worth the trip. The atmosphere is nothing short of electrified. Just think, The worlds top pilots all in the same place at the same time. Does it really get any better then that?

As for you flying there its not an issue. You can do as I do, just enjoy the day watching everyone else fly, hang out and talk to people, Overall just enjoy yourself. Then when everyone goes to dinner sneak off somewhere and get some flights in. It is an 1100 acre facility afterall. And no, Im not telling where I sneak off to.

My first year I didnt even take a heli with me and had a blast!!!
+1 to all that.
Don't worry about your skill level. It doesn't matter if you are just learning to hover a mcpx or throwing a Goblin around. Flight stations are open to everyone and no one is going to judge you and like dankcincy said, there are plenty of other places to fly if you're not comfortable on the main flight line. I was nervous my first time there last year too but could not imagine going and not flying at least once just to say I flew there. Ended up flying quite a bit and had a blast even if I couldn't smack it around.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlloyd View Post
Its your AntiVirus. Turn it off or allow IRCHA.org and you will be OK. Several people who have had Norton had this issue.
Norton Antivirus is the closest thing to a virus/trojan/malware as any virus trojan or malware there is.

Registered.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Aussies are back for 2012 flights finalised yeah baby

Looking forward to catching up with some friends we made last trip and meeting some new ones. Please feel free to come and say G'day I am sure you won't miss us :-)

SEE YOU THERE!
jody is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody View Post
The Aussies are back for 2012 flights finalised yeah baby

Looking forward to catching up with some friends we made last trip and meeting some new ones. Please feel free to come and say G'day I am sure you won't miss us :-)

SEE YOU THERE!
Excellent. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in