Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #1481 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it the tail gear you mean? It sits under the maingear just with the shaft through it. Did you turn the hub upside down? I think the screws are mounted downwards and up ( screwed towards head)
J_Rig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #1482 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparmyway View Post
I think it sounds like your gear mesh is too tight
Thank you!
I will leave some space between pinion and main gear then.
Logo 600SE
zole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #1483 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyway, i tested on the field and looks promising
Trex600 12S first flight (4 min 53 sec)
Logo 600SE
zole is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #1484 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T Rex 600 CF to 12 S ?

Hi I have a TRex 600CF setup:

My T-Rex 600 FBL. With Castle 1717 Motor 1500 KV 4 Pole, 14 Tooth Pinion, KDE Mod.7 Main Gear 164 Tooth, WR Super BEC set at 6 volt, Castle Link Quick Connect, V Bar 5 Pro, Futaba R6008HS receiver, Futaba 10 CHG 2.4 G Transmitter, 6s 22.2 Volt 6000 mAh Nano-Tech Battery 25-50c, 3 - Align DS610 Cyclic Servos @ 6V, Futaba BLS254 Tail Servo, WR LED Tail Step Down 5.2 Volt.

My question is that I have to run 2250 RPM or the heli seems to lag a little on colective. I wanted to run a lower head speed. If I converted it to 12s could I run a lower head speed and not have this lag in collective ? I have a 4035-560 Scorpion Motor, Kontronik 80HV or 120 HV. I also have 2 sets of custon heli parts 2mm carbon frames, it says they are cut for the larger motors. I have the Align FBL head but I am thinking of switching to the Compass FBL head or Trax.
Freeskiken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #1485 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Well I'm just about done with her and it's about time! I have 13+ At full stick and center stick I have 0 and lowest stick I have -13 degrees pitch!!! WOW!!!! I could get 18 degree's of pitch out of this head if I wanted to. Can't wait to get ti in the Air. I have the ESC and the BEC, Servos mounted now the motor. and the RX Then she will be ready for her maiden flight I so CAN'T WAIT!!! My first 600 and first 12s system!!!
linux_24_00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #1486 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600ESP conversion to 12S Parts for Sale

I know this is not precisely the right forum for this, but if you are interested in this thread, you may be interested in the following components to convert you 600ESP to a 12S machine.

FOR SALE:

I have the electronics and parts to upgrade the 600 ESP to a 12s machine:

600MX 510KV (12S) with a CC Ice2 160HV controller (Both with less than 20 flights on them)

13 tooth slant pinion, 115T slant main gear and case with original ESP tail gear (no need to change the auto rotation gear).

Align DFC head, original 600 ESP swash and mainshaft (cut to size from 600N, just drop it in and adjust the servo to swash linkage rods.)

Add FBL controller, BEC, and you can convert your ESP to a 12S DFC flybarless bird.

I can even throwin a used 3GX in as well, so all you need is power to the electronics BEC, or battery with regulator.

It works well. I converted mine with the above but am moving on to a Goblin with new electronics.

$300 for the combo sound OK?
Pard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #1487 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have this heli built to the specs on the first post of this thread. It is now flybarless but otherwise unchanged. Can I stretch this heli while keeping the powerplant. I am looking for a gentle giant not a crack fiend...
Old 06-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #1488 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalk3r View Post
I have this heli built to the specs on the first post of this thread. It is now flybarless but otherwise unchanged. Can I stretch this heli while keeping the powerplant. I am looking for a gentle giant not a crack fiend...
Yes! I myself went 12s years ago using older Esp frames. Did the direct servo to swash mod and went fbl. If you are just easy sport flying your weak point will always be the gear contact patch when stretching. I took mine out to run 813mm blades. But quickly upgraded to a 700mx align motor. Which turned out to be rather wimpy due to very poor magnets in mine. But it ran fantastic for park flying. I replaced that with a list of other 700 sized motors later. All ran just fine, but pay attention to your main gears. I had to go with the mod 1 Kde gear to handle anything larger than 700 blades just doing anything over mild pitch pumps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in