Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2016, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 180CFX and TREX250 hybrid

Hey Freaks!

I've recently acquired a belted 180CFX and had noticed that the 180 and 250 booms are both 8.5mm OD. I also noticed the tail shaft bearings are the same, so I got to wishing...

The 180cfx lynx pitch slider sucks just as badly as all their other ones. 12 flights into it and both pins are worn out and the grove inside the pitch slider is also showing wear, this was despite placing a drop of e600 into the grove to stop it from spinning uselessly.

I'd like to swap out the tail case for a TREX version, simply because align parts are available locally and the 180 belt parts arent.

Could somebody please confirm what the details of the trex250 belt are? I don't think they are compatible but it might be possible to put a 250 pinion onto the 180 secondary shaft and use the whole 250 boom and tail set up, which will save me some downtime waiting for shipping and a fair amount of loot in maintenance!

I'd like to use the dual point slider, and if I remember corretly from my 250 days, I need to buy the metal TT tailcase and dremel off the bearing holding rim, then just replace the tail shaft with the belted version?

Has anybody already done this? seems too good to be true?

Cheers!
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2016, 07:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=674657

is this any use to you, its not about replacing the whole tail, but a mod and theres mention of pins removing and moding it.

is that the pins your having trouble with??
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey Bazsound!

The pins I'm taking about are the ones on the lynx pitch arm that hold the lynx slider. There's too much slop so the whole slider turns on the tail shaft and rubs those pins into memories pretty quick. The e600 (a liquid rubber) trick only stops the spinning but not the slop.

Since the tail slider sleeve isn't removable in a 180; the press-on fabrication will also develop slop and then you're replacing the part and the pins every 30 flights or less.

I really like those dual point tail sliders. It's worth it for that and the parts availability to convert imho. I'm not planning to stretch it immediately so I it looks like I can use the lynx belt and tail shafts with the align tail box and slider to get rid of the tail slop and increase replacement part availability.

I think a stretch would just need a t250 tail gear pressed onto the lynx secondary shaft to use the align belt with the align tail shafts in the 180cfx. The issue then is how to get 200-210 blades into the narrower 180cfx main grips

For now I just want the tail slider but if cheaper and quicker parts is a secondary effect - I'll take it! Will update once the deed is done!

Happy landings!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in