Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default where is the wobble ?

Hi guys, went out to LMAC filed yesterday to maiden my new HK600..

I spend quite a few hours getting the min/max pitch and alignment right yesterday, and I had already spun her up with no blades .. and no vibrations.
I did have one blade out of balance, but I added a few wraps of insulation tape, and it seems pretty close. Main shaft is true ( an align one, as the HK shaft came "pre-bent" out of the box !!)

However, when I got out to the field and spun her up.. she had a bad vibration, and it didn't reduce even when I increased the rpm...

I shut her down and flew my other 600.. so no real issue with the day..

I am about to sit down and try and find the problem.. but just thought I might ask for a tip as to the other areas to look at as the source of the vibrations...

The only thing I do know about that is a little suspect, is the RH cyclic servo had a little bit of gear backlash.. you could move the servo arm a few mm at the tip before the gears meshed.. I will change the servo out first ( MG996R ) as it did cause some slop in the swash, which made it more difficult to get the alignment spot-on...

at the price of these servos, it is hardly worth chasing up another set of gears ..

is this servo backlash likely to cause the severe vibration/wobbles ??

Can the main shaft have a wobble that is not detectable by sight/spin up without blade
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your servo is your problem.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

you're right tom, just changed it and at 1/2 power with blades on, in the houyse.. it is pretty steady..
so .. brand new servos sometimes come with built-in backlash !!
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pretty sure if you open it up you will find one missing tooth on a gear somewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in