Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Converting to FBL

I have a Trex450 and I am converting it to FBL helicopter. I plan on using a CGY 750 and would like some imput from some of you guys that are flying this setup or should I go with a 3GX MR instead?
glennwil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2016, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off which trex 450 are you talking about sev2? Pro? Sport?

I think the main thing is it is best to get a complete head. I just did my old sev2 and got the head and ground the retainer off the dfc shaft that way I could use the collar from the sev2. Instead you would have to get a conversion shaft for the sev2 and a shim set if I'm not mistaken. I also decided to put the dfc swash on as well.

As far as the fbl controller goes a lot of it depends on what you want and what tx you have. I have a dx6i so I decided to go with the ar7200bx and could not be more pleased with it. It is a receiver and fbl all in 1 that is programmable from the tx. That made it a very simple conversion for me.

I would stay away from the 3gx personally, I have read that it is difficult to get to work and fly good, but I have no experience with it.

I still have a 500esp that I will be converting this season as well myself. I hope to get many more seasons out of these birds.
HeliLust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for info I have a Futaba 14SGH and I have the gyro on another helicopter that I was going to put on the 450. I was hoping to hear from some CGY 750 users with the 450. This is a little helicopter and the gyro is on a Trex550. It works great on larger helicopters but this is a 450 Pro with FB now,and not stable at all,wanted to make a park flyer out of it.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think for the pro all you need is the upgrade head set and you don't have to modify the shaft, should be just a drop in and go.
HeliLust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I hope it flys great!
Old 01-31-2016, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never used a CGY750, but Futaba's documentation mentions presets for 450/500 size birds, so I'd deduce from that that it should be fine if setup correctly.
EjectEjectEject is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have a 14sgh and had a cgy-750 on my 800 pro. All i can say, it flew like 5 times before going into the trash can. At least for me, very unfriendly to setup, tail had weird behaviors and had unsolvable drifts.
Since then it's been flying with one of my beloved ikon units.

Regards.
chipfuad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put CGY 750 on this helicopter and the DFC head was a perfect fit. After setting up this gyro/radio combination it drastically changed this little helicopter turning it into a really fun to fly bird.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in