Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #1321 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya, looking to be about $200 with bades.... There goes my BeastX money fro the B400
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #1322 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bandit.. I'll tell ya what my friend told me when i crashed my 600.. "well... now that we got that put the way.. you'll b fine get back on.. sounds like you like the protos i miss mine too. lol l8a
ZMR 250
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #1323 (permalink)
Registered Users

5 packs this afternoon and 4 yesterday at the club field. It's been windy, but the B400 has done great. I'm pushing my inverted hover closer to the ground and I did my first tic-tocs that could be recognized as such. I also discovered that flying to music is a lot of fun. I was flying a few yards from the back of my car and was able to open both doors and crank some Disturbed. I actually found myself flying more aggressive! Damn, I love this hobby. And I still can't get enough of my B400 even with an MSH Protos on the horizon!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #1324 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Elevator Servo Fails - Again (but much higher this time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Lost my elevator servo today during a flight. Luckily, and I do mean luckily, it held on until the very end of the flight. The heli bounced off the ground from a few feet as I was landing ...

The MVP award goes to the pontoons for keeping the heli from tipping over sideways (saving the blades, head, flybar, etc.) when I finally dropped her to the ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtWVVQXSBjI

-John

EDIT: Found the culprit! A broken wire leading to the servo's motor, see pics below.
Well, my repaired servo only lasted 11 flights. This time the heli was much higher. One thing I've got to say - the B400 bounces great with those pool noodles

It's obvious that I've gotten all of the useful life out of these Corona DS919MGs - I'm placing an order for six Hitec HS-65HBs; 3 for my B400 and 3 for my Mini-Titan. The Coronas served me well during my easy upright flight days, but flipping, rolling, looping, etc. seems to have taken it's toll on them. I don't think I would recommend them though - they use solid wire to connect the servo motor to the little circuit board inside. The better servos I've seen use stranded wire which handles vibration better. I'm actually excited about finally upgrading/graduating to better servos. Now I feel like my flying is finally (okay slightly) worthy of the higher quality servos

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6c-abFhpu4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y0GRSRVGm0[/ame]

-John

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 08-20-2011 at 11:01 AM..
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #1325 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey man u got it down without bustin it up i thought it was a gonner.. lol nice landin ..
ZMR 250
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #1326 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Daz! - Wasn't planning on practicing an auto either, but what the heck ...

So, she's grounded until my Hitec's show up

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 08-21-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Old 08-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #1327 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew six packs at the field yesterday evening. It was a beautiful day without a cloud in the sky. I pushed my inverted hovers and flips to about ten feet off the ground, so I'm slowly going lower! This is probably going to jinx it, but my B400 has been performing flawlessly for several months and I've only had two crashes since I started flying in February. I'm shocked- I keep thinking the streak will end and this will be the day, but so far I seem to be eluding the ground! Just a matter of time...
Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #1328 (permalink)
Registered Users

John - I finally had a moment to watch that footage of your servo failure. Wow, nice work on the recovery!! Your inverted circuits are really impressive too-- super smooth.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #1329 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Thx Numba! Great to hear about your progress as well I know what you mean - a tiny voice keeps reminding me of the ground whenever I'm driving to the field - it keeps putting those butterflies back in the stomach.

The other day I had a spectator ask which one of the switches on my Tx flips the controls so I can fly inverted. At first I thought he was asking about negative pitch - then I realized he thought there was a switch that changes the controls so you can fly upside down but still use the same stick movements as flying upright. Hey, that's cheating!!! There's no cheater switch on my Tx - just LOTS of practice and hard work baby !!! (and luck too). I don't think he believed me .... so I took that as a compliment

-John
Old 09-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #1330 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

2 Batts with my FBL tonight.Still getting the hang of it, but I am way more confidant with FBL. Flips are lower and smoother
"Tri-Flow"
Old 09-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #1331 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some nice inverted flying there John, and a super recovery! It was the first calm day in ages here yesterday, so I finally got chance to have a play with the heli. I'm still practising simple circuits but it's getting a bit smoother now.

Andrew73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #1332 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ran 4 tanks of lipo thru my 400 today. Came home in one piece. On the 3rd tank I flipped to 3d mode. Boy what a difference it made in the stabilty of it. Hovered so much easier.
Futaba T8FGH Super...
Luie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #1333 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

2 batts today, new motors in both Protos and Blade. Turnigy Typhoon on the blade from HK
Turnigy Typhoon 450H 2215H Heli Motor 3550kv

12T pinion, 2800RPM, leaked at 362W. A lot more power than the Eflight. Have to turn the Gov gain down as she is overshooting the target by 100+ RPM. Used 1600Mah in 6min flight. Bumped RPM up to 2875 for tomorrow.
Weirf thing is, put the info into CC and it said like 92% for 2800RPM. But the logging shows about 87%. I only just toouched 100% throttle a couple times where with the Eflight 420, last 1/3 pack is peaking off the 100% mark

Oh and I got a Drift Stealth 170HD camera. Shoots some great vids. I'll get some shots tomorrow
"Tri-Flow"
Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #1334 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I FLEW

Recently repaired my b400, and have ran 6 batts through it this weekend. No crashes! Woohoo!
new2it is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 10:12 PM   #1335 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Up and down

I went flying today with Rknaub. The wind died down from yesterday, it was beautiful! Untill my tail decided to blow up and the 400 ate some more dirt. Fixed the tail and put a few more packs through it and bam! Blew up again. so I ordered a trex 450se tail housing and crossing my fingers! Good flying with you today rknaub! Hope to do it again real soon! Your 600 looks and runs sooo smooth man! Looking good!

Last edited by Gloryhair; 10-31-2011 at 07:12 AM..
Gloryhair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #1336 (permalink)
Registered Users

flew All day

blade 400 flight (5 min 13 sec)
Old 11-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #1337 (permalink)
Registered Users

video fixed

blade 400 flight (5 min 13 sec)
Old 11-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #1338 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew today. First time in over 2 months really rusty, also first time out using the new DX7. Lovin' the new radio. Very responsive. I did however manage to barrel roll the 400 into the ground. Minor damage. Broken landing skid, bent spindle, broken blade grip so far we'll see what else is in store. Luckly the hobby shop that i use to work at closed last week and had some killer sales on 400 parts. I bought the whole wall of parts for the blade 400.

Happy flying.
Nico.
tailscrapes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
e-flite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in