Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano QX Setup on Dx6i

Does anyone know how to set "agility mode" on the Dx6i? Instructions are super vague. It doesn't appear to be the usual flight mode toggle.
Squenards is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Give this a try "Nano QX dx6i "Heli" Profile"! Works great!
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=543747
Old 09-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are set up using the manual's instructions, you would flick the "trainer" or bind switch. When the switch returns to its resting position, the Nano should change mode.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, thank you very much for your attempts, and I hate to say it but you all were wrong. Actually, I'm a little glad to say it because I tried all of those things before I started this thread.

So how is it done? Fairly simply:
Set the QX up as a plane, not a helicopter.

Then, in the FLAPS menu, set flaps to Normal and down 20%. Now it's set and ready.

To ACTIVATE agility mode, toggle the flaps switch to 1 AND THEN BACK to 0. Repeat to turn it off. It takes two actions to toggle.

Works perfectly!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I knew the manual's instructions say to set it up as an ACRO model, which is normally a plane, but I was confused about the switch because I think I've read too many threads here.

It sticks out in my mind that because it's a "toggling" action, a momentary switch like the trainer switch or button would be more ideal for that action. Some have suggested modifying the stock transmitter settings in that small way, and I agreed with it so much I must have integrated it into my basic understanding of the defaults.

Thanks for setting us straight! I don't want to steer anyone wrong.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I hear ya! And then there's the confusion caused by too many heli's... on and on! I appreciate the help regardless!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually, just to state, The "HELI" mode thread is not wrong. It works great and many prefer to use it over the acro setup.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, I use the same settings in the dx6i thread on my dx8, except I also assign the position '0' pitch curve settings to position '2' on my F.Mode switch, so the change from stability to agility mode is just quick flick of the switch past position 1 from 0 to 2.

I was glad this question came up with some follow-up from Squenards, because I know the question of how to change to agility and back using the stock Tx settings has been asked around here before, and in trying to be helpful I've answered it incorrectly, sounding quite sure of myself
Old 09-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You were pretty close. But like the slightly arrogent one said, in ACRO mode, its a quick flip up and down (or vise versa, I dont have in front of me) with the Gear/Flaps toggle, where in HELI mode, you use the flight mode toggle in the same manner. HELI mode really give you more options. And it really helps you out if you fly actual helis!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default problem srability nano QX

Hello : I am a Italian fly beginner and 'trying to learn to fly with the nano QX with a DX6i radio but I have some difficulty': every time I turn on the radio and QX nano behaves and fly in a different way: sometimes uncontrollable sometimes less, however almost never can hold in a stable hovering him down: moves to the right or left forward or back and for me 'not' easy to learn and fly it well : I can give some advice and tell me' and that 'the set up for the DX6i to do to become more' stable and more 'easy to do fly? I don't understand where is better setting acro or heli....Many thanks to all and "ciao".

Last edited by freeman59; 03-14-2015 at 08:33 AM..
freeman59 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You have to make sure it's on a level surface right after you put the battery in it. Whatever orientation it's in when it initializes is what it considers "level". If it's properly level, then you won't get any drift. If it's tilted to the left, then it will drift to the left.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
You have to make sure it's on a level surface right after you put the battery in it. Whatever orientation it's in when it initializes is what it considers "level". If it's properly level, then you won't get any drift. If it's tilted to the left, then it will drift to the left.
Thanks: yes.. it is in a perfect surface...: but please I need a best set up for the dx6i...: I see some set up on the web ...but do not know 'what is the best to make the QX fly stably...
freeman59 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in