Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
The price is really reasonable. If it will bolt directly onto a 450x main shaft, I'll definitely buy one!
Absolutely right! I think we should keep pushing them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheinink View Post
it will only look goofy on the shelf, when your flying its hard to see how many blades it has, just sayin
You know, that's actually a very valid point... I honestly didn't think about that. I'm about to dig through some scale AS350 pics and videos - with and without 3 blade head - so I can see some differences and whether it would really bother me that much or not..... and maybe I'll get some promising news from RKH soon, they've really stepped their game up lately so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were already engineering something.
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now I know this is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway.... Woodies are not advised on the 450X due to the 440H motor, since I'm running the Stock B450 3D BL420 motor I can run stock woodie blades correct?

No reason to pay for CF.... I hope.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't change out your pinion, and you should be able to run woodies without them flying apart. But the woodies are almost as expensive as Align CF blades anyway, so why bother? If you really want to save money, get some fiberglass blades from Hobbyking. You can find them for as little as $4/pair, and they fly better than the woodies.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Don't change out your pinion, and you should be able to run woodies without them flying apart. But the woodies are almost as expensive as Align CF blades anyway, so why bother? If you really want to save money, get some fiberglass blades from Hobbyking. You can find them for as little as $4/pair, and they fly better than the woodies.
Awesome I will definitely look into some fiberglass blades… the reason I asked about the woodies is that I already have a set laying around and figure if it were safe I could at least use them to get up a running FBL first and then make a change later without having to hurt my wallet….
Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Absolutely! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em! Fiberglass blades are also supposed to break easier, absorbing impact, and protecting other head components.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Absolutely! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em! Fiberglass blades are also supposed to break easier, absorbing impact, and protecting other head components.
Sounds like another reason to check them out! Do they come pretty well balanced? Not that it's a big deal to do that or anything, just a time saver if so......
Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Eh, I always balanced my blades. Out of 5-7 pairs, I've had one set that were substantially out of balance, and one that were perfectly balanced.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Eh, I always balanced my blades. Out of 5-7 pairs, I've had one set that were substantially out of balance, and one that were perfectly balanced.
Good deal, yeah I always throw new blades on my balancing jig before mounting... 90% of the time I don't have to make any adjustments, but in my opinion it's always good practice to check first - you never know and I'd rather see beforehand if they're off as opposed to increasing bench time to take them back off and balance - or worse!
Old 01-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AR7200BX and 3 Blade Head.... need assistance.

Well the time has finally come.... I actually ended up selling the BL4503D and building a T-Rex 450 SE V2 Clone (HK450GT) from the ground up with 3-Blade head and AR7200BX. I went with a 2839-3600kv motor and 11 tooth pinion, 3S 2200 mAh LiPos, and 40A ESC. While on a purchasing "binge" I went ahead and picked up an extra main gear, some replacement main shafts, ESC program card, and a few extra blades to be safe..... oh yea, and a fiberglass AS350 fuselage from RCA with custom vinyl graphics from my brother (Moody Blue Designs)!

Mechanics are built and fly like a dream, I will start mounting them into the fuse this weekend when I have some down time. I've included some pictures below and a short video that my wife shot in our cul-de-sac a few weeks ago, I was wrapping up my final LiPo after spending my afternoon flying at the field and figured why not get a short, low, slow flyby to show off how great she flies!

\m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3qbSxriD-k
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	450 1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	564588   Click image for larger version

Name:	AS350 1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	564589   Click image for larger version

Name:	AS350 2.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	564590   Click image for larger version

Name:	450 2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	564591   Click image for larger version

Name:	450 3.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	564592  

Last edited by murderisthegame; 01-23-2015 at 03:41 PM..
Old 09-11-2015, 06:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finished her up a while back and just haven't been on the forum.... here she is complete and damn does she look badass in the air!! This is my first scaler and first attempt at multi-blade heads, I could not be any happier with the outcome!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441970488.286963.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	608091

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441970504.243341.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	608092
Old 09-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice! Would that kit would work with the Blade 3d and a 3 bladed head? I have two 3d's collecting dust...
NewToRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToRC View Post
Nice! Would that kit would work with the Blade 3d and a 3 bladed head? I have two 3d's collecting dust...
Unfortunately there isn't a 3 blade head compatible with the Blade 400 or 450 3D... I had originally planned to use the 450 3D I had collecting dust but ended up selling it for partial funding of this TRex 450 SE V2 Clone. I decided to hand pick all of my electronics and ended up building a much better machine than that Blade could ever be!

\m/
Old 09-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a really nice looking helicopter. It's come a long way from the woodies that you were asking about earlier in this thread.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is a really nice looking helicopter. It's come a long way from the woodies that you were asking about earlier in this thread.

Thanks I could not be more proud of this build! I do appreciate all of the knowledge and willingness to share, I definitely couldn't have done this without the help from such a great group of experienced guys! I'm glad I decided to 86 the B450 and start fresh, it pays to build it as a scaler instead of modifying something else to "work". It took a lot of time, research, questions, and ultimately build time.... but I'd do it all over again after these successful results.... correction, I will do it again when I figure out what's next for my fleet! I would love a seaplane, but I should probably learn to fly fixed wing over dry land first!! 😂

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in