Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HiSky HFP80 Improving Performance

I love my little HiSky collection this winter. But, as I suspected, these little guys take as much time to sort out as a large helicopter. They are inexpensive, but don't always fly right.

The HFP80 is the fixed pitch version of the HCP80 and shares some parts, like the main motor. Supposedly it has the "6-Axis" gyro. There is no flybar.

The problem: Barely gets off the ground. Somewhat unstable.

Gyro Fix: The heads on these copters seem to vibrate a lot. I suspect hours of dynamic balancing might help (and I may continue to try to get one perfectly balanced). To improve the performance with the somewhat vibrating head , I though the gyro mounting foam was to solid. Same issue with my collective pitch HCP80 and HCP60. I replaced that solid foam with velcro so the gyros float on the velcro.

Won't get off the ground:
I thought it was the motor so I swapped motors with the HCP80 and it was not the motor or the battery.

What is the issue?? Not enough fixed pitch. In fact almost zero.

What is wrong?? I studied the head and found an area where the pitch can be changed. This head does NOT function like a CP head, where by raising all the servo endpoints will increase the pitch. This swash has only 2 servos.

There are two screws holding the parts of the head together. (Pictures to follow). It looked like I could put some tiny shims between the two pieces and increase the pitch.
Turns out, that just by loosening the screws, the pitch increased. So, it seems as if it were assembled with too much torque on the screws.

So, the fix is to loosen the screws and a little gap forms, this increase pitch dramatically. If the pitch goes away in the future, I'll fashion some little shim stock or washers but so far, loosening the screws is all that is needed.
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The picture shows correct pitch. Out of the box, mine had almost zero pitch. Loosening the screws indicated fixed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HFP80 Pitch.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	692143  
Old 02-16-2017, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine fell apart after 1 flight. Wobbled for 2 minutes and then the antenna lead fell off. My last foray with HiSky
ToddMcF2002 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2017, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trash can helps all hisky products.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have three HiSky helicopters in front of me on my desk. I have flown them so much this winter. Multiple flights every day.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only Hisky heli that I've had problems with is the HCP60. It is so weak it barely flies at all. The HCP 100s and the Assault 100 has been great and tough.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyuh1 View Post
The only Hisky heli that I've had problems with is the HCP60. It is so weak it barely flies at all. The HCP 100s and the Assault 100 has been great and tough.
On my HCP60 the motor connection was not making good contact. After fixing that, the motor is very strong. When functioning correctly the head speed is very fast, almost sounds dangerous indoors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in