Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HF Vendor Support > XHeli/HobbyPartz Support

XHeli/HobbyPartz Support XHeli/HobbyPartz Vendor Sponsored Customer Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hobbypartz is going under

ok so
a few years back one of the better PC parts websites went under
just about every thing hobbypartz is doing is right in line with what happened with the PC parts store

my guess the lack of stock is do to them losing there credit line so they have get things on cash
and are atm floating purely on what little they get from orders

the bad Customer service is also do to the little stock they have left they cant be giving replacements and rmas because that means less of what little is left to sell

my advice dont buy from them they are a sinking ship at this point i give them 12 months at most
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking at how long a lot of there batteries have been out of stock, I'm afraid you may be right. Practically, everything HobbyPartz or Xheli has is out of stock. I get a lot of e-mail on sales but the sad thing is, there's practically nothing I need to buy because all the 3 or 6S batteries I need are out of stock.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd bet all hobby places are hurting. Regardless of what the talking heads say during an election year about how the "recovery" is coming along..., we are in a depression.
If you wanted to go long on a company right now would it be Align or Dollar Tree?
But then again the stock market itself is only being pumped up by monetary expansion, which can't go on forever......

But I do really dislike the way they offer you no way to backorder or at least get an alert when something comes in.
Hobbyking does this and it works good. They seem to be doing well despite the economy but there is still a big backorder problem with them too. It's like this stuff is being produced on demand or just barely ahead of it.

It's a shame because xheli ships pretty fast when they have stock. Hobbyking takes forever, at least from China. I haven't tried the US warehouse yet.
foweler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hobbyking also sells world wide which helps them a ton
now some of the other hobby stores that have higher prices id be have higher markups and are doing ok

its just hobbypartz is behaving like a lot of other web stores i have seen go under in the past
once they lose there credit line its pretty much all over at that point
AMA#948801
Old 04-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I kind of noticed that a few weeks ago when looking for a 5000 mAH 6S. A lot of hobby shops where out of stock. Makes me think there's a master company out there that produces all these batteries under different labels and when they're out of stock, most of the world is too.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, a 30C 2200 3 cell is hard to find right now too, a cheap one anyway that will make it to your door in a week or less anyway.
foweler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I have filed a claim with BBB. In doing so I found that HobbyPartz also operates under another name other than Xheli... Its called Raiden Technology and here is their BBB page..

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...ry-CA-13212870

Rated F
Socal500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't say I've ever had an issue with them. In fact I just ordered some batteries. I'm not seeing a problem with sizes unless it's a specific brand your after.

Me I'll take these on sale as they've done me right for years now

http://www.hobbypartz.com/skylipo222.html
JimDeadly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If this is true then make no wonder, experiencing the extremely poor customer service that they put me through, and they still have yet to "fix" anything.

With poor service like that, customers will not come back.

What really ANNOYED me other than getting banned from their store, I wanted replacement batteries, I paid $25 to get the DOA packs shipped back to HobbyPartz from Toronto, then they simply refunded me (minus shipping fees OF COURSE), rather than ship me out new batteries like I explicitly asked.

EDIT: Also, whats with the lame Yahoo ordering system? Surely a big outlet like that should have something more superior with a built-in support system. Maybe then they can actually give you a reason as to why they cancel orders rather than leaving it to the customer to figure out the hard way....

spikestabber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thats strange,, they sold everything they took to Toledo show..
they posted the pic of the sold out shelves of gens ace that that took.

proud they sold everything they took with even more demand..
I dont see how they could be in trouble if we buy every single pack they bring in.

sounds more like a supply from Gens Ace than a Hobby Partz issue.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would think the 6s batteries are never in stock because it's one of the most common sizes used. Especially since most people are running 12s in their larger birds now.
spootman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i have checked daily for over 4 months ....
AMA#948801
Old 04-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it's not vBars which come in stock and then sell out in a week or two. HobbyPartz's inventory has been out since I've been checked (about two months). I just find it strange how they keep sending emails about free battery give-aways and sales.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned User

They have the best LED strip prices to be found on this side of the pond. Gens ace lipos are a very popular choice these days, and I've never had a problem with them. Sometimes they take 2 or 3 days to get an order out the door, but for what they charge its worth the wait.

I read a thread somewhere that said they had 80 or so complaints with the BBB in one year. Well they are not registered with the BBB, so they dont have their record whitewashed by bribing the BBB. Thats my understanding of how the better business bureau works more or less. 80 in one year is really not that bad considering they are such a high volume vendor.

I'm sure its frustrating getting a bad lipo or otherwise having an order screwed up, but try to see it from their point of view. Its an incredibly competitive industry with very low profit margins. Where else are you getting a pair of 325mm woodies in the US for under $5.

Hobbyparts is what it is. You dont get a ferrari on a honda budget.

Just my $.02. As our friend Finless Bob says, "your mileage may vary."
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned User

Bribing the BBB? I will put the reputation of the BBB up against Hobbypartz and day of the week!;-)
Roblucky13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned User

There was a special on 60 minutes or a similar show all about the practices of the BBB. I'm just going by what I saw. Supposedly you can buy a better rating by paying the BBB membership fees.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not saying they're perfect as they are a pain the deal with sometimes but I just got a couple of 6s 5300 packs last month and believe the lack of stock is from gen ace as hobbypartz and rotorquest are posting orders coming in so I'm sure there is a container or two of gen ace lipos sitting in the long beach ship yard waiting for customs to get done with them. Hobbypartz might not give etas but rq is saying first week of may. Shall see, I'm waiting on a 55c 3s pack that I will probably switch to a 30c that shows in stock. Just ordered 3 more 3s packs tonight.
shein95 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

back on page 1 HobbyPatz was compared to HobbyKing. I've also ordered from both. Not happy with the communication from either. Just a note on HobbyKing, I've ordered from their USA warehouse and it is in China. When I learned of this I sent a message stating that I purposefully ordered from USA warehouse so as not to wait. They "deemed" the matter closed and gave me 8-21 days to chew on it.
GeorgiaBoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have seen 3 cycles of the batteries I use in my Logo, I have sets from all three lots, and they just sold out on the packs again?

Same thing on the 3300 6S packs for my Trex 600, I only have one set, but I have watched them sell out restock and sell out twice?

The 450 packs I use have been threw 2 sell outs and are back in stock today...
Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FWIW they were at the RCX show in Long Beach, CA this past weekend. They looked robust to me with people standing 3 deep and lots of product being sold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in