Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VERY Tight parts on 600SX

Is anyone else encountering this? I put my tail and head together and it was very tight and to get past those new dampners on the head took all my strength, I actually seated them the rest of the way by tightening the blade grips on, which finally pushed them i all the way. Another thing was the belt pulley, i actually dad to file the inside of the hole to get the shaft to fit on. Is this normal for this kit, i know the manual says things will be tight at first, i just didn't think this tight.
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The head dampners...sure, thats normal. I never had the problem you describe with the tail but I guess it would be possible. What you did to fix it should not cause any future harm to your model
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe they were to precise hope the rest of the build goes well.

Mr.Gobler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It should all be good, but I never had this problem, and I have had about 6 other logos from 400 to 600SE. I'll find out when I maiden it this weekend.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandro12321 View Post
Is anyone else encountering this? I put my tail and head together and it was very tight and to get past those new dampners on the head took all my strength, I actually seated them the rest of the way by tightening the blade grips on, which finally pushed them i all the way. Another thing was the belt pulley, i actually dad to file the inside of the hole to get the shaft to fit on. Is this normal for this kit, i know the manual says things will be tight at first, i just didn't think this tight.
If you look at the manual, on page 2, on of the recommended tools is a rubber mallet.

At first, I couldn't imagine why one needed a rubber mallet......until I got to the rotor head assembly....

Combined with a 7/16" socket, I used a rubber mallet to get the spindle through the O-ring dampeners.....

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you lubricate the dampeners?
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer View Post
If you look at the manual, on page 2, on of the recommended tools is a rubber mallet.

At first, I couldn't imagine why one needed a rubber mallet......until I got to the rotor head assembly....

Combined with a 7/16" socket, I used a rubber mallet to get the spindle through the O-ring dampeners.....

FWIW
Wow! I've built two SX heads now and never had to do that. If you put a little lube on the spindle shaft I've found it goes right through. I'd be a little concerned about damage if I had to wack it with a mallet. They are stiff and tight but not that tight if you use lube as it says in the manual. Also, on tail, no problems there whatsoever. Everything just goes right together. Very strange....
some multirotor stuff w/ AutoQuad6, Naza, APM, PX4, and full size Exec162F and a T210 just for fun!
recurry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I lubed the hell out of them, and there's nothing wrong with the tail, just tight is all. This is just a lot tighter than i'm used to with any other heli.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you lube them just make sure you use a lubricant that's compatible with rubber and plastic. Any petroleum based product may cause the o-rings or plastic grips to deteriorate.
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, silicone only. Like I said I have built a ton of Logo's and never had this issue. It just seems like maybe the tolerances are much tighter on this kit compared to others. It even states in the manual that things will be tight and loosen with time.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The tighter they go together on assembly, the tighter they will be 1 year later
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by recurry View Post
Wow! I've built two SX heads now and never had to do that. If you put a little lube on the spindle shaft I've found it goes right through. I'd be a little concerned about damage if I had to wack it with a mallet. They are stiff and tight but not that tight if you use lube as it says in the manual. Also, on tail, no problems there whatsoever. Everything just goes right together. Very strange....
Don't worry....I was very careful when whacking with the mallet...and I did lube the dampeners with lube that won't irritate the rubber.....used the 7/16" socket to keep the dampeners in the head when the spindle was coming out the opposite side of the rotor head.....

I wasn't like I had to rear back for a home run swing when I used the rubber mallet.......
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad I looked at this post. I have my 600sx head here and the dampers (they were out of shafts) but even getting the dampers into the head seem really tight and seemed to deform them.
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the SX have the same basic frame as the 600 SE model ?
On 10S with 690 blades how would the 600 SE or SX compare with a helicoptor like the Synergy N9 or Vibe on a 90 size nitro motor please ?
uksailor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, they are very stiff, but I found a good solution by accident. I left my heli in the garage overnight and with the cold temps it actually made it easier to do last night. RAM told me to put it in the freezer and I think he's on to something, its like doing bushings on a car, put them in the freezer for 1/2 hour and they are good to go. I think these new heads have a very tight tolerance and the dampeners are super hard, so the combo makes it tough to get them in.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got mine together. Used silicon shock oil to get it together, but they kept coming out. So I ended up using the screws to fit it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	372084  
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in