Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Setting pitch on cyclic????

On sure how to set the pitch for ail/ele.
Bob`s vid said to run apx 6deg for newb`s but did not fully show how to.
What i did was put the gauge on the paddle and intended to use blades for sighting instead of flybar?
I then guessed that i need to apply full ail/ele to get reading BUT when the gauge hit the 6deg the paddles looked to be hardly tipped.What is the correct method?The pitch all worked out good at 12+/- with swash mix at 54% to get this,on a dsx9. Ail/ele still set at 50%. At one point i had the use 17% swash mix to get what i thought was 6deg.Hence the post.
Celtic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

opps
toonttm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wink

That was helpful
Celtic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 04:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
On sure how to set the pitch for ail/ele.
Bob`s vid said to run apx 6deg for newb`s but did not fully show how to.
What i did was put the gauge on the paddle and intended to use blades for sighting instead of flybar?
Are you inventing this procedure....you're making this up, right?
I've never heard of it being done this way.
All the information I've seen shows the pitch gauge on the main blades.

I'd check youtube for videos if the Finless video was incomplete.
A quick youtube search turns up lots of videos about it.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi , set all Yr mixing to 60% then go to mid stick and place the blades across the heli and take a pitch reading , adjust top links to correct to 0 pitch . 2nd place blades front to back and set Yr paddles flat to match blade grips , 3rd turn heli face on with blades front to back still and take another pitch reading but moving ail full input this will give u ail pitch adjust accordingly with swash mix
goldie100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Transmitter settings for Trex 500

I am having one heck of a hard time to set my JR9305 2.5 transmitter. It all seems to be a bit over my head.
Does anyone have the "suggested" settings for just basic flight. It would really help a lot, than I will be able to figure out the rest as I go.

Thanks to anyone that can help out!
RKT MAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT MAN View Post
I am having one heck of a hard time to set my JR9305 2.5 transmitter. It all seems to be a bit over my head.
Does anyone have the "suggested" settings for just basic flight. It would really help a lot, than I will be able to figure out the rest as I go.

Thanks to anyone that can help out!
I'm pretty sure that depends heavily on the specific set up that you have on your heli.

Everything from servo reversal, to subtrim, to pitch curves, end points...all depends directly on your heli set up. There isn't a one-size fits all package of settings, unless you're flying some kind of RTF kit assembled right out of the box.

0pitch at mid stick, +10/-4 degrees of collective pitch in normal mode, +10/-10 degrees in stunt mode, 5-6 degrees of cyclic. Linear throttle curve without a governor for normal mode, 100-95-90-95-100 throttle curve without a governor for stunt mode.

All the settings in your tx will have to be individually adjusted so that you can achieve those "standard" specs.

Opinions may vary. But beware of just copying down someone else's tx settings without careful consideration. You may crash if your heli isn't exactly set up like theirs.
Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much for the input. That helps a bit for sure. The best thing I have found so far is just to continue researching and playing with all the settings. It is a patients game at this point.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the input! I sort of guessed that but I was hoping there was a faster way to get this baby in the air. I will just continue with the process.

Thanks again!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the mix settings

Use Pitch to set 12 degrees of collective pitch (10 if a newbie)

Then with the blades facing front to back. With collective at MID STICK
Move the aileron shick all the way to the right and measure the pitch, adjust the aileron mix until you get 6 degrees.

Now with the blades sticking straight out the sides. With collective at MID STICK
move the elevator stick allt eh way forwards and measure the pitch, adjust the elevator mix until you get 6 degrees.

This can be a bit of a handful so if you can find someone to watch the pitch guage for you while you play with the radio it will be a lot easier.

It will take maybe 5 minutes to dial this in.
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, stumped as per usual.

I have swash level top, center and bottom. All arms are straight as they should be.

I get 0 degrees pitch at center stick. (blades running across body)
(using 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 pitch curve)

Adjusted swash mix for pitch to -50% and have got 10 degrees pitch either way.

Then put the blades running along the body, with sticks centered. Moved aileron full right and get 6 degrees but at full left I get 3 degrees?

Then put the blades across the body with sticks centered. With full elevator I get 6 degrees in one direction and 3 degrees in the other?

Do I go into travel adjust for aileron and elevator or should I be checking for a mistake somewhere in the head?

Thanks
toonttm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe that if your getting uneven pitch from left to right, and elevator up and down, that there might be something out of whck in the head... uneven linkages could do this I think. Its a good idea to maybe make sure all the linkages in the head are the same length as its counter part....
As for travel adjust.. I've been told by some to get your CYCLIC pitch from travel adjust.. and others by swash mix...I'm not expoerienced enough to know for sure and I know someone more experienced will chime in...maybe PM Deet...the man knows his stuff.
Then let me know......
Mike
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My best advice would be to watch all of Bobs ccpm setup videos not once but a few times. It is a lot of good information but can also be a lot info to take in at one time. his ccpm setup vids will be more much informative if you have only watched the trex 500 setup vids.
Jr Vibe 50, Beastx, all Futaba servos OS55hz, Hatori sab 50, Radix
Punkin71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in