Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Customer service made me switch brands!

Just got off the phone with the wonderful service department at Airtronics and am disillusioned to say the least. Had an issue with my throttle pot which was jumping and not staying at zero. Terri Moore helped me pin point the problem I was having and I wanted to say what a great helpful guy he was. The people at airtronics had my radio for about ten days and finally got around to calling me and telling me they found zero issues with the pot in question? They were intent on selling me a new sd10gs and told me if I wanted them to go ahead and change the throttle side gimbal that it was not possible because it was not in stock. They then renewed their advice to get the new radio for 300.00. I told them I wanted to keep my radio and their answer was they could send it back to me as is?????? They didn't even have the courtesy to tell me when they would get a gimbal in to swap out. They did tell me they could put in a used refurbished gimbal in it???? Seemed to me the whole time I was on the phone they just wanted me to get a new radio and didn't have the slightest inclination in fixing the one I sent in. That's it for me....I was the only guy at my field sticking up for and using Airtronics but now I feel the need to jump ship because I felt zero loyalty from them in the least. I was on the cusp when it came to getting another system and they planted their big foot on my back side and kicked me over the edge. Telemetry, voice alerts,sbus here I come
Rush fan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2016, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
sd0
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/repo...stributor.html

Read this.
sd0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2016, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Now I see the clearer picture! That explains the apathy and the almost two week wait to tell me they find nothing wrong with my radio and the total lack of interest. Just ordered a new DSMX DX7. All my flying buddies are on DSMX and are totally happy with it. I have seen zero problems with that protocol at my field and am confident I wont see any either.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went on Serpent america website and they are asking 550.00 for the Sd10gs with 10 channel receiver? That's 150.00 more than what Hobby People are asking? LMFAO!
Old 04-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My guess would be as a distributor they will list suggested retail where as Hobby People is a retail store and are selling at or near MAP. Global Hobbies is the distributor (they do own Hobby People) and would probably show suggested retail to a none dealer also.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Retail is 687.50 for the SD10G. I don't see a bright future for the aircraft side of Airtronics....the surface radio's are state of the art, too bad they have forsaken the loyal customers who fly. If they would come out with a new radio with all the features pilots want and I was assured tech and service support was up to snuff I would come back but as we stand right now I will be using another system.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You think businesses would know about customer support! And respect it! It could be a bad employee or two but managers should be on that.

Thats one reason i keep buying castle creations esc's. I had a new one fry in my emaxx i built and they sent a replacement free of charge no questions asked really. That was my first cc esc. Ive bought 6 esc's since including a mamba monster and mamba monster X which was like $200 iirc just for the esc. Plus I run them on all my helis that i purchase an esc for.

Never had a problem with a cc controller since either..

Customer service goes a long way!

And spektrum is a good radio. I picked up a used dx18 a while back for $400 (hobby store was like $800) and ive had zero issues. There are more fancy options sure but im happy for now.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

@indokast....totally agree, without proper courteous customer support and a product that stays current with the users needs I don't see that product in question prospering.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It wasn't Global's fault with Sanwa. We tried to get Sanwa to do more Air radios and they declined. They started selling radios into Hong Kong for less than Global's landed cost. Serpent compared to Global is not a fair comparison. Global has 30+ stores on the West Coast and is well capitalized and they could have bought and sold everything that Sanwa was capable of producing but 2 years ago Sanwa cut out the team support for Air pilots and that's the end of that.

If you need a new stick assy I think I can get that.

Terry
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ TMOORE....Thanks for the help the other day.......I could use a new throttle side gimbal for sure, do you know if it's a drop in fit or is there some soldering to be done? It looks like there are some connectors that you just disconnect and connect but dont know if the small boards soldered to the gimbal assembly come with the new one or you have to solder them on to the new ones.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's typically just a stick swap unless you want to change out the pot.
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in