Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Extreme Tail Wag

Sorry if this has been covered, but my attempts to search the forums were not productive. I have two Genius CP V2 birds. The older, more bashed up bird is quite stable. The newer bird, I think since out of the box, has exhibited extreme tail wag.

This happens on a new battery, and calms down at about 1/3 battery discharge. The wag is very violent, and has magnitudes of up to about 20-45 degrees from center. Adding a little yaw trim, either left or right, helps a little it seems, but does not solve the problem. (The wag does not seem to cause drift except that the magnitude is not always equal left-right, so a wag can leave the bird pointing in a significantly large unpredictable direction. - so the trim is not really correcting for drift, and does not seem to affect operation after the wag settles down.)

Reducing rudder gyro gain to about 60 helps by reducing the wag maybe 50%, but does not eliminate it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Howard
hedgewarden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

These little heli's a reeaallly sensitive to vibes. First thing i'd check is how your main board is mounted, make sure nothing can rub on it, it should only be touching the mounting foam. Secondly, id be checking your main shaft, and feathering shaft to make sure they're 100 % straight.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oxide1 - I'll check the board and the main and feathering shafts. I have since noticed that the wag is very bad with the slightest cross wind, and non-existent if the air is perfectly calm. My other Genius likewise wags in cross winds, but not nearly as violently - or so it seems without proper measurements. I'll check your suggestions.

Thanks,
Howard

Last edited by hedgewarden; 10-08-2014 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: Punct.uation
Old 10-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your blade tracking. My Genius flies pretty stably, but once the blades were not tracking well, and the bird lost nearly all sense of stability. Checked and corrected the tracking, and it was back to normal.
TexanPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

50% and bellow the gyro is in set up mode. Since you have two birds swap out the tail boom and motor first, if that fixes it, well you know. If it doesnt than try swapping the rx. IF THIS IS AN OLDER MODEL, shut of the 6 axis. Didnt ever work very good. Newer genius this is not an optiob
minidan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Fixed

Oxide1 provided the clue that worked, in this case. Vibration.

I could hear a "tic-tic-tic" as the bird flew - caused by several teeth of the main gear being nearly stripped. Also, the blades had some bad nicks. Replace the blades and the main gear, and the little creature flies very politely.

Thanks, all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in