Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default futaba 8fgs

is futaba going to make an update to switch between rate and HH alot easier than trying to make a mix in the radio for the gyro
come on guys this should be a kick in the bucket
jombo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe I'm not understaning your question, but I merely have a switch that toggles between AVCS and Normal very easily without any mix programming, and my CGY-750 switches back and forth between HH and Normal with it.
sl4ppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
but I merely have a switch that toggles between AVCS and Normal very easily without any mix programming,

Works for me..........too.

Lots of good reading here.
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Works once, after that I never take the model out of HH.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
Maybe I'm not understaning your question, but I merely have a switch that toggles between AVCS and Normal very easily without any mix programming, and my CGY-750 switches back and forth between HH and Normal with it.
and how do you do it without a flybarless controller
now i use normal and idle up1 as my rate and HH . my idle up2 is -11+11 , so how do you do it . and thanks for the link i already saw them and he uses mixes or non conditions switches . is is so difficult Futaba cant come up for a fix for this in their updates
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jombo,

Not sure what Gyro you're using, but I'm using the GY701.

I have my "gyro" channel in the function menu set to "SB" (switch B).

In the Gyro menu, I change the top left setting from "COND" to "SW". In the top right spot, I change it to "SB", and set the On/Off menu to "ON, OFF, OFF". Now, when you flip switch B, you'll notice at the top it will switch between Active #1 and Active #2.

Notice that there's a "#1" in between the last two menus you tweak. If you select it, you can scroll between the different "Active" menus. I make #2 my Rate mode, and #1 my heading hold.

So, I would select the "#1" and change it to #2. Then scroll down, and change from AVCS to Norm.

Now when you flip your switch, you should be switching between heading hold and normal mode.

This is how I do it, I hope it isn't too confusing.

PS: You should come up towards Farmington/Winsted sometime, there's a big group of us that fly at either RC Hobbies and More or at Central Connecticut Radio Control Club. In fact, next saturday night we're having an indoor funfly. 450's or smaller!
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you joe1911. i did it that way too, then screwed up (more forgot which was what) because of the 3 position switch . that's when i figured i didn't need 3 idle ups and went with the settings i have now . i guess i am just so use to the 7C that i just don't want to give it up just yet .
the gyro is the gy48v and a gy106 non futaba's of course . i just need to get use to the setup with the 8 . i guess the 7 is more of a security blanket that i don't want to give up just yet.

thank you for the invite, i may take you up on it . i haven't ever flown indoors i will probably come buy to watch , maybe bring a 450 and 250 for show and tell lol .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in