Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default No century at ircha?

Why?
DX18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've wondered as well . Seems like they are focusing on multi-rotor. Properly promoted, their E640/N640 should have been a game changer for them. I've had the G30v2 at the top if my list, but hard for me to consider another heli investment with Century if they are withdrawing from the game.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just came on here wonder the same thing ,I have been checking and not a word .I have been on a couple other brands threads getting play by play from IRCHA and this is the first I have heard on here about it. HELLO HELLO any Century helis (not flying bugs) at IRCHA
On a nicer note I just came in from 4 great flights on the 640 stretch
Old 08-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

one of the reps told me (vea PM) that there would be no booth but Carey Shurley "would have been" representing Century on the gassers side.
Lieutenant Dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dennis, how is the stretch flying what fly barless are you using in it?

Charles
rotorsport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The stretch currently has my old full size blueline V Bar in it with a Jive 80HV and a Hacker A50-400kv ,it flies great.The standard E640 has the Skookum 720 with a Castle Ice 2 120hv and also flies great.I am putting a Skookum 540 in my present build and everything forward most likely.The stretch has 660mm blades now and I am flying it at 1760 rpm .Still get 6.5 minute flights on the 3300 12s setup.

Last edited by Dennis P; 08-04-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Dennis P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You like the 540 over the 720 I'm working on a project this winter with 4 blades which do you think would be better?

Cheers
rotorsport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The new 720 BE is the same sensor design as the 540 now . The 720 has the extra set of sensors for self leveling,vibration analizer and flight logging where you can play back your flight plus the option of running the GPS with a hard deck and ceiling ect or going extreme with a flight layout and return to home ect and allot more.The 540 is a extremely good FBL unit just like the new 720BE except it has one of the dual set of 3 axis mems gyros just for FBL control and a governor and bank switching.There is also the new clear 540 without a governor or bank switching ability. Check out the Skookum homepage as they can explain the 720BE much better .
Old 08-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

This would not be the first time that Century does not have a booth at IRCHA. There have been a number of times when they where not there.

The year they inmtroduced the Predator 90 and Gasser, they were there. The year they introduced the Swift 16, Swift 550SE and 620SE they where there. The year they introduced the initial belt driven versiona of the Radikal 20 and 30 gasers, they were there. Last year they were there with the E640 and N640, the Radikal G30/TTFBL, the commercial Condor and their multi rotors.

In years when they did not have any new models, they were not there. As this seems to have been a year where they probably did not have anything new to introduce, they were not there.

In all the years I have been to IRCHA, I have seen this from many companies that are there only on years that they have new heli products to introduce.
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in