Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation My v911 quick review

Ok, yesterday I got my first RC heli in the mail. Thought I'd go over the first impressions from having it for 2 full days. WLToys V911

First off, mine came in a foam box, nothing fancy like a cardboard box with a display window and parts secured tightly with twisty ties. I'm not totally impressed with this aspect as the parts were just rolling around in the box before I opened it up. Although nothing was damaged, luckily...

I got the batteries charged and took it for a first flight. The first thing I noticed was it would hardly fly forward at all, and simply hovering in a relatively small are was an art in its self even with "trim" adjustments adjusted. Although, it would haul serious tail going backwards as I found out the hard way with a couple violent crashes.
Moving the little ball links to the short stubs helped a bit and adjusting the arms on the servo's seems to have helped alot. Needless to say, NOT "ready to fly" properly out of the box.

Another thing I noticed was the "flybar" was not perfectly strait out of the box. It had a slight curve to it.

After some practice flying it I have already broken a main blade and the flybar. I did put the spare set of main blades on but the heli vibrates like crazy now (out of balance???). One more flight and broke the flybar. The flybar broke where it was bent originally.

I'm brand new to these things so I have crashed several times. I do think it'll be prety good once I replace some parts.

The quality is so so, but what can you expect, especially at this price. It seems rather durable and probably a good value, just keep spare parts on hand.

Getting ready to order some spare replacement parts. Until they get here, I might just glue the flybar together to get me by. Thought I'd add, it don't fly well at all without flybar , as expected. Had to try it though

Last edited by ~7-String~; 08-08-2014 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: dded info
~7-String~ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya please believe me I have beat these things up and it surprises me how durable they are. The flybar is the weakest point on these. Couldn't tell you how many I have replaced. Very good flyer otherwise.
StuckNaTree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yea this one surprised me when I lost control and it headed across the road to the neighbors field. It got away out of my sight while probably 50'-60'+ in the air. When I completly lost sight behind a tree I just let off the controls and 4-5 seconds later I heared the rough landing on the road. So it free-fell from that height onto a hard surface and it did'nt appear to even put a scratch on it.

BTW I ordered 5 sets of main blades, flybars, tail blades and linkage's. Also ordered a so-called "upgrade" flybar to try. Was about $11 for everything. Stuff should show up within the next month I'm guessing.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Update. Today I got my spare flybars ect today. I have flown it trough 2 batteries and am getting the hang of it! It is hovering MUCH better and no vibration. The original flybar was in fact defective.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have used this platform to train like 5 folks how to fly helis.

1. Battery 1 - On a table, I make them spin the blades with the heli not moving, then walk around the table pointing the tail at them the whole time.
2. Battery 2 - Practice crashing. Fly straight up for 3 seconds, then kill the power. (Then start trying to fly to eye level, hold for 1 second, then kill the power.)
3. Battery 3 - Keep heli on smooth, flat, ground (Garage or kitchen) with low power and "Scoot" (Use cyclic to learn fwd, back, and crab side to side)
4. Battery 4 - They can usually fly it ok. They know to turn off the motor if something is weird, so they won't damage it, and I had explained the tail facing them means the controls work normally, while nose in they're opposite.

Oh yeah, I did explain the V911 is a durability fluke. Most helis will still break if you kill power and let em drop, but any heli that falls to the ground from the sky with NO power will break less than if it were powered when it hit the ground. (So it's a good habit to learn.)

We gave them a presents too, so we represent about 5 V911's and to my knowledge, none have broken any parts. (Batteries were destroyed by leaving in the heli once by my Nephew. lol... but that's it.)
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great little chopper for the money. Parts are available EVERYWHERE.
dino5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered a v911 v2 pro (ebay) a few weeks ago as a part of my heli flight training and to compliment the sim. It arrived in the v911 v2 pro black box with handle and plastic molded tray to hold every thing secure.

I charged the lipos and then bond it to my 9x (set to fixed pitch heli1-fixed pitch). Never taken the included tx out of the box.

I'm just getting back into this hobby after about a 10years. I was just past a solid tail-in hover and had started some slow for/aft/left/right movements. Sold my nitro raptor .30 as deployments became longer and more frequent.

With a few clicks of trim, the v911 hovered extremely stable. I would compare it to one of the 3ch gyro helis. The tail is decently locked in also.

I'm extremely impressed and have been using it (indoors) for slow piros hover, nose in hover, and lazy 8s.
VD2021 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got 2 of them about 3 years ago with a good fist full of parts and like 12 batteries. 1 of them still flies! My number of total flights between the two must be nearing the 5000 mark. Not bad for the initial $100 investment...
helicrack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in