Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2015, 12:40 AM   #1141 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool

What flight times you get?
What is your motor/esc combo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #1142 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Scorpion 4525-520 with YGE 160 on internal gov
Flight times are 4:30 to 6+ minutes depending on head speeds, 1750-2100 but usually prefer 1850 to 2000 most of the time.

Team Compass Pilot
Scott Bowersox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #1143 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well I maidened my latest 7hv today, running stock motor until I can get my Scorpion 4530 running again, also running scorpion 160 commander, with Bavarian Demon 3sx all on 14s, it has bags of power and only 12deg of pitch for now running crap lipo 4500s but good flight times so far, very happy with the result and only had to up gyro gain, will have to look at cyclic agility next flights
Compass 550 ULT, Eznov Neuron | Thunder Tiger e700 Mini Vbar | Thunder Tiger G4 e820 SPARTAN (Committed suicide)| DX8 #286
Stevewashere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #1144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds great, Steve. How's the flyin' weather down your way these days?
Old 03-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #1145 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice on the maiden Steve.

Looking forward to more 7s choices on the market to go 14s, 4500's would seem quite a bit heavier for my liking, but some 3800-4000 wouldn't be too bad? But on windy days your not hurting. I would like to see a nice 400kv motor as well for 14s. I do have a Scorp 120 Commander for 59v just sitting around here somewhere, and needing another flight pack.....someday.

Team Compass Pilot
Old 03-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #1146 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My compass motor is ok at 490kv ish but my 450kv might not give me enough headspeed I think Revo do a 4000mah 7cell
Compass 550 ULT, Eznov Neuron | Thunder Tiger e700 Mini Vbar | Thunder Tiger G4 e820 SPARTAN (Committed suicide)| DX8 #286
Old 03-24-2015, 08:54 PM   #1147 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't tell me that! lol. Wanted to try Revo's anyway....

Been awhlie sense I looked at the maths. So quick glance shows 450kv with 13 tooth at 90% is around 2092. Made a bigger difference than I guessed, but that seems pretty good for me. looks like 400kv wouldn't really work for much.

Team Compass Pilot
Old 03-24-2015, 09:00 PM   #1148 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

whoops, mr mel calc seemed off, it's 2200rpm for 450kv at 90% gov, so that's plenty, Flat said like 2400+

Team Compass Pilot
Old 03-24-2015, 09:01 PM   #1149 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The torque running 14cell is very noticeable over 12 cell and my lipos don't get a thrashing
Old 03-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #1150 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting to me your comment about torque. Must be due to running a smaller pinion to feel the torque, at say, a comparible throttle value, and motor kV as compared to when you ran 12S. Did you select a smaller pinion to do this? Also, with more cells is higher voltage, not necessarily directly corresponding to more torque available. Most guys seem to simply want to run more rotor speed with more cells. I don't equate more rotor speed with better power any more. I think for a given machince, there's a point of dimishing returns due to more stuff than I can understand. But I can feel more agility in my 7HV at slightly lower rotor speeds, say, below 1900. The acceleration is greater with say, 2300 rpm, but not the agility. Some times I wonder how much of this could be the need for more servo torque when the rotor is running faster. My JLog certainly shows much higher current to the servos when the head is running faster. I might have to break down and buy some monster servos yet, LOL. Or just keep flying at 1875.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #1151 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

with protek250 its ferocious. they don't make them anymore but BK OMG MKS all have servos that are even faster and more ferocious!!

NEVER EVER APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING WHAT YOU FEEL. THAT'S LIKE SAYING SORRY FOR BEING REAL.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #1152 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

13T pinion, but a friend did the calculation and there is 36%more torque with 14 cell and he should know, he does that for a living with wind turbines, I ran my servoes on an 820 originally and they showed no sign of lacking power under significantly higher stress, they are Savox 2271 powerful but not the last word in servos I don't think that makes a Huge difference once you have a certain amount of kg at your disposal I think most HV HP servos will more than do the trick IMO
Old 03-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #1153 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
Interesting to me your comment about torque. Must be due to running a smaller pinion to feel the torque, at say, a comparible throttle value, and motor kV as compared to when you ran 12S. Did you select a smaller pinion to do this? Also, with more cells is higher voltage, not necessarily directly corresponding to more torque available. Most guys seem to simply want to run more rotor speed with more cells. I don't equate more rotor speed with better power any more. I think for a given machince, there's a point of dimishing returns due to more stuff than I can understand. But I can feel more agility in my 7HV at slightly lower rotor speeds, say, below 1900. The acceleration is greater with say, 2300 rpm, but not the agility. Some times I wonder how much of this could be the need for more servo torque when the rotor is running faster. My JLog certainly shows much higher current to the servos when the head is running faster. I might have to break down and buy some monster servos yet, LOL. Or just keep flying at 1875.

Rob, basically, lower head speed, higher pitch is more efficient all round, so your feelzzz at lower headspeed make sense. I too look at higher cell count as more efficient instead of higher headspeed, so lower kv approprietly, etc For the given headspeed, higher cell count is cooler esc and batteries, more flight time. But if you just try to get more out of it, then you won't see that per se. the power to spin faster is exponential so you run into diminishing returns. But for FFF, speed is determined from blade velocity, so your speed guys are going 2600+ with good reason, but the draw is tremendous, little advantage for 3d and decent flight times.

Team Compass Pilot
Old 03-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #1154 (permalink)
Registered Users

8 Packs through my CHRONOS today

Compass Field Rep/KBDD Team pilot/Experiencrc.com
sewerfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2015, 08:23 PM   #1155 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerfly View Post
8 Packs through my CHRONOS today
Lucky!!!!!!!

NEVER EVER APOLOGIZE FOR SAYING WHAT YOU FEEL. THAT'S LIKE SAYING SORRY FOR BEING REAL.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #1156 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got 4 in yesterday and 3 today before rain set in, made a few changes to Bavarian Demon and it now more to my liking, but I think the Vortex vx1e has a much nicer feel which is as a big part of flying. So not sure if I can make BD feel the same or not
Old 03-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #1157 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was going to ask how you liked the demon. Don't hear too much either way about them. Really enjoy the Spartans on my Compass machines but need to start looking into the new firmware with gov for the 6hvu.

Team Compass Pilot
Old 03-26-2015, 01:37 AM   #1158 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The Demon is more Robotic than the Spartan is my only comment on that, meaning I prefer smooth to Robotic but that takes nothing away from the BD, the tail needs work on the BD, where as Spartan was easy to make perfect and I'm a crap tuner which is probably why I liked Spartan so much, I only got a BD for the o crap she is going into the ground and flick a switch and all is sorted.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:56 AM   #1159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spent all my tax returns on my 7hv :

1. 2 sets of Genace 60c packs, 3 sets of used Turnigy 40c packs
2. Powerlab 8 + 24v power supply
3. SZ4926 motor (was running the older compas motor)
4. 4-5 crash worth spare parts (local spare parts is almost none now)
5. 5 pairs of Zeal 700 main, 1 pair of SAB 115mm tail
6. Soko heli tool
7. A used 7hv kit
8. Fusuno Tropic Canopy

Am in for a huge re-work on my 7hv
X7F#1-Xnova 4530-525, HW 160HV V4, MKS X8 Servos, Mini Vbar
X7F#2-HK4525-520 LE, HW 160HV V4, MKS X8 Servos, Mini Vbar
suthae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #1160 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow! Sounds like you are fully set for some serious flying!

Team Compass Pilot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in