Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #221 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Nothing like getting out of bed to a nice cup of coffee and one Heli Yea showing us why he's the master of the living room.. Thanks for getting me all pumped for the day..
Chad can you explain what adjustments you made so I can better understand while watching your vid. Fell this may be really handy today setting my gyro up.
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lookin' real good, Chad I like the hat cam

Glad you got your gyro troubles all sorted out.
kronin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks guys it was a little nerve racking these were my first indoor mini circuits since gettting the DX6i. Also the first time I've flew in rate mode for a long time.

Travis sorry dude I don't know much about helis and I don't like helping people. J/K In the first part of the vid I was adjusting the gain for rate mode I was increasing the gain .5%-1% at a time in the gyro menu.(switch in Pos.0) To increase the rate mode gain you actually decrease the number in the gyro menu 0% is 100% gain in rate mode. the signs of needing to increase the gain were throttle up or down and the tail would swing. To check if I had the gain set too high I would turn the tail and release to check for wagging.(you won't see any wagging as my gain was low and was increasing it) After getting the gain where I wanted it in rate mode I flicked the switch into HH mode(Pos.1) and the gain was pretty much where I wanted it but did increase it by 1%. In HH mode 100% in the gyro menu is 100% gain in HH mode. 50% in the gyro menu is the neutral point (neither mode) so anything above 50% is in HH mode and below 50% is in rate mode. Do you remember my "true gain" post? Hope that helps clear it up a little.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I enjoyed that Chad, thank you. I'd like to respond to your challenge at the end of the vid, but I don't think I have the necessary iron work between my legs.

When I fly indoors, you'll have seen some vids, I never go that high, in fact I stay very low, I don't know how you can stand it. I think I could manage to fly in a controlled manner in a small area, but if something were to let go, as is prone to happen with these little beasties, from time to time, then all hell could break loose, and I genuinely don't know how you stand the thought.

You truly are the master of your art and I for one will be leaving you unchallenged. Probably.

sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #225 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Thanks that really ehlped alot to understand the gain. I will be putting to good use soon as I get it back in the air...
Old 03-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
I enjoyed that Chad, thank you. I'd like to respond to your challenge at the end of the vid, but I don't think I have the necessary iron work between my legs.

When I fly indoors, you'll have seen some vids, I never go that high, in fact I stay very low, I don't know how you can stand it. I think I could manage to fly in a controlled manner in a small area, but if something were to let go, as is prone to happen with these little beasties, from time to time, then all hell could break loose, and I genuinely don't know how you stand the thought.

You truly are the master of your art and I for one will be leaving you unchallenged. Probably.

You have the "iron work!" (I call ) I would never attempt flying from indoors with the heli outside! Even if I did I would not have the guts to wave for the spectators, I can't even wave period while I'm flying. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. So I won't be trying your methods of madness either!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very impressive Chad, thats some of the best face fungus on the whole forum

Hovering aint bad either
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That harry monster has returned again.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Harrys not a monster he's a really nice guy
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 03-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice flying HY( Heli Yeti)

Is the dx6i making alot of difference for you?

Darin
mCPX
Real_Sparky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

"Heli Yeti!"
The Dx6i is fantastic it's taken some getting used to but the only changes are for the better!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That still scares the crap out of me seeing that. If a blade went.........................
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #234 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
That still scares the crap out of me seeing that. If a blade went.........................
I agree with you. Man if something went wrong it could cost a lot.. Wife would kill me and never let me have another heli...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
That's why thread lock and making sure everything is perfect is so important. I've had 1 tail grip let go and 1 tail explosion so I make sure everything is proper. I've flew well over 250 flights in the living room. It's about trusting the quality of your work and your abilities! So when I'm lacking confidence I take it easy and If my heli is not perfect I don't fly.

Last edited by Heli Yea!; 03-04-2009 at 02:22 PM..
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is my Maiden flight with the DX6i I've had to delete the old one because Warner Music Group(WMG) has muted many of my vids because they contain their music or small snips. This is happening to thousands of people including a young girl playing the piano and singing a song. WMG and you tube are having a huge conflict over money and the only people suffering are the fans of the music that are freely promoting it! They might as well shut down all the radio stations for playing their music too. WMG is loosing out on sales because they aperently don't want their artists heard by any one. It even seems that their own artists (like Metallica) have their own you tube channels and even their videos have been muted. WMG is a bunch of A$$#OLES who are ruining creativity and the hard work of the people!

Well any way here's the new version with out WMG's music.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good grief, is that true Chad. No one is going to steal the music off a youtube clip, I mean they must have lost the plot. As you rightly say they are simply going to miss out on sales opportunities because peolpe like the track when they hear it, accompanying a great flying vid, such as yours, etc, and actually buy it. It is clearly a free marketing vehicle for them and they cannot even see it.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's 100% fact do a search on you tube for WMG. They own most of the record labels so most of the videos on you tube that contain music have been muted by you tube or deleted. Also channel suspensions have been issued for those who try to dispute the claims. So for me I have to go back and re-edit my vids and find music that is not owned by WMG. I having only a regular digital camera that does not record sound. For me to get the motor sound I have to record it seperately on an MP3 player(which doesn't work so well) then mesh the sound with the video which takes hours of work beceuse I usually have to fiddle with picture quality/brightness for several clips so you guys can see them. Not to mentoin my retro computer takes 3x as long as it should. My hat cam vid I had to make/edit twice because I had music in the credits. But I just had to post my vid for you guys!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:16 AM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hy is right.
After reading his post I went and checked my youtube channel and sure enough one of my video has had the sound disabled so you cant hear the Blues Brothers play she caught the katy.

This is the comment under the video.
This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by WMG. The audio has been disabled

What are they thinking?

The rest of mine are fine as the music isnt owned by WMG

Darin
mCPX
Real_Sparky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wellguys....your opinions please....

Not the most precise of flips, or a roll but it's a start. Had a moment at the end of the pack to see if I could get the feel for some tic-tocs too!! Wasn't even close!! lol

TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in