Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 02:55 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4sbuaBosA[/ame]

This is kinda a old video. I don't have any recording thing so I turned on binoculars (I don't fly with them on except when I take a video).
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

very impressive guys. keep em comming!

Fraps + Format Factory = Nice video
Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATRbwqW-XU[/ame]
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #64 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

pitch, looks like you're having a lot of fun with it. That's great! It looks like you are really enjoying it, and that's really nice to see. However, I'll also give you some feedback on what you are doing...

I'm not sure you are learning as much as you think you may be. 100% of what you are doing does not translate to real flying. If you were to take that style to the field you'd end up in the LHS every time (guaranteed). You may be learning bad habits that may be hard to unlearn later when you want to take your real flying to the next level at the field.

I'd like to see you slow down and work on actual controlled flips. Better yet put that stuff on the backseat until you have a good foundation of inverted skills. I.E. piro flips can be learned to be better controlled when you have a solid skillset of inverted orientations, hovering, piroing and flying.

Not trying to tell you how to enjoy the hobby, if you prefer sim flying then by all means keep at it. It's fun and I can tell you like it, but if you want to take this stuff to the field some day you need to slow down or it's going to be very $$$

Just trying to save you money and heartache in the future. Keep in mind this stuff is extremely difficult to control and takes years to learn well no matter how gifted or motivated one is to accelerate the process. There are no shortcuts.
RĒzĒ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RĒzĒ View Post
pitch, looks like you're having a lot of fun with it. That's great! It looks like you are really enjoying it, and that's really nice to see. However, I'll also give you some feedback on what you are doing...

I'm not sure you are learning as much as you think you may be. 100% of what you are doing does not translate to real flying. If you were to take that style to the field you'd end up in the LHS every time (guaranteed). You may be learning bad habits that may be hard to unlearn later when you want to take your real flying to the next level at the field.

I'd like to see you slow down and work on actual controlled flips. Better yet put that stuff on the backseat until you have a good foundation of inverted skills. I.E. piro flips can be learned to be better controlled when you have a solid skillset of inverted orientations, hovering, piroing and flying.

Not trying to tell you how to enjoy the hobby, if you prefer sim flying then by all means keep at it. It's fun and I can tell you like it, but if you want to take this stuff to the field some day you need to slow down or it's going to be very $$$

Just trying to save you money and heartache in the future. Keep in mind this stuff is extremely difficult to control and takes years to learn well no matter how gifted or motivated one is to accelerate the process. There are no shortcuts.
lol how can you tell that i dont fly my helis lol. how does it show on my sim flying? is it really that bad. The real heli doesn't fly like the sim? Raza, you know how much i love Bert K's ep200. I'm trying to learn all his moves on the sim. Yes your right, I am taking shortcuts, and leaving nose in hover on the back burner till never. Raza I just want to make 1 flight video of my 250 to fly exactly the same moves as bert's ep200. I've been watching your videos, and they have helped me heaps. I still need to practice more on the sim. If i'm not asking too much raza, can you please make a more detailed video on the mobious loop, and snappy flips, like the ones bert k used on his ep200 video. I really need this to work for me. I'm working on my 250s atm to make them as light as bert k's ep200, my 250 will be underpowered compared to berts. But I'm hoping if i keep on practicing my Proper Collective Management will pervail?? Are you definately sure there are no shortcuts, there must be another way? :o TIA

Old 01-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
lol how can you tell that i dont fly my helis lol. how does it show on my sim flying? is it really that bad. The real heli doesn't fly like the sim? Raza, you know how much i love Bert K's ep200. I'm trying to learn all his moves on the sim. Yes your right, I am taking shortcuts, and leaving nose in hover on the back burner till never. Raza I just want to make 1 flight video of my 250 to fly exactly the same moves as bert's ep200. I've been watching your videos, and they have helped me heaps. I still need to practice more on the sim. If i'm not asking too much raza, can you please make a more detailed video on the mobious loop, and snappy flips, like the ones bert k used on his ep200 video. I really need this to work for me. I'm working on my 250s atm to make them as light as bert k's ep200, my 250 will be underpowered compared to berts. But I'm hoping if i keep on practicing my Proper Collective Management will pervail?? Are you definately sure there are no shortcuts, there must be another way? :o TIA
Yes I am 100% sure there are no shortcuts. I didn't say you didn't fly your real helis at all (but I guess you don't heh), all I'm saying is you are guaranteed to crash within 5 seconds if you tried to fly like that with one

I guess I don't understand how you think you're going to fly like Bert without knowing even the basics of the basics... There's a lot more to flying than memorizing timings on the sim (which yes are not even close to real life) You seem to want to be able to fly with perfect control without learning how to control the heli...

Count how many times you press the reset button on one of your sim "Bert" flight sessions. If the number is greater than zero you have big problems... Also, even if you do get that number down to zero on the sim, be prepared for a reality check when you try it for real.

Like I said earlier, if you enjoy it, great. It's all good as long as you're having fun. Just don't burn yourself out of the hobby with unrealistic expectations. If you want to achieve the level you seem to be striving for, be prepared for a lot of boring work. (Which is the same story for just about any skill in life)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes I am 100% sure there are no shortcuts. I didn't say you didn't fly your real helis at all (but I guess you don't heh), all I'm saying is you are guaranteed to crash within 5 seconds if you tried to fly like that with one

I guess I don't understand how you think you're going to fly like Bert without knowing even the basics of the basics... There's a lot more to flying than memorizing timings on the sim (which yes are not even close to real life) You seem to want to be able to fly with perfect control without learning how to control the heli...

Count how many times you press the reset button on one of your sim "Bert" flight sessions. If the number is greater than zero you have big problems... Also, even if you do get that number down to zero on the sim, be prepared for a reality check when you try it for real.

Like I said earlier, if you enjoy it, great. It's all good as long as you're having fun. Just don't burn yourself out of the hobby with unrealistic expectations. If you want to achieve the level you seem to be striving for, be prepared for a lot of boring work. (Which is the same story for just about any skill in life)

Raza, thank you for your support, but I must keep at it. I haven't seen anyone fly the 250 like bert did on the ep200. Not even bert tried the same moves on the 250. Is it that over weight and underpowered?? So I must keep going with my venture. Until I see a 250 video, that flies with the same moves as bert did on the ep200. Thank you raza, I will continue on with my journey.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:14 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Raza, thank you for your support, but I must keep at it. I haven't seen anyone fly the 250 like bert did on the ep200. Not even bert tried the same moves on the 250. Is it that over weight and underpowered?? So I must keep going with my venture. Until I see a 250 video, that flies with the same moves as bert did on the ep200. Thank you raza, I will continue on with my journey.
Mainly because he nearly never flew his 250 (he didn't like it much). His flights with it however were way better than the 200 flights. I'm sure you can find something on youtube or at his site.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mainly because he nearly never flew his 250 (he didn't like it much). His flights with it however were way better than the 200 flights. I'm sure you can find something on youtube or at his site.

he prefered the 200 over the 250??
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
he prefered the 200 over the 250??
no, he really didn't like either... but if you were to ask him I'm pretty sure he'd say the 250 flew much better
Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is this ep200 flight that youre talking about?
the sea, and all that in them is" --Exodus 20:11
4n6days is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bert himself really encourages everyone to learn basics before doing full blown 3D. His smack talk videos are very good source of information.
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
Bert himself really encourages everyone to learn basics before doing full blown 3D. His smack talk videos are very good source of information.

I've seen pros, who have flown the bigger birds for years, and they take this hobby very seriously compared to me. They see me flying my 250s, and they eventually buy one. They must somehow think, the 250 flies the same as the bigger birds. One way or another they ALL hit the ground. It's just like Raza, has been preaching all along. you can practice as much as you want, be good as much as you want. One way or another your 250 will hit the ground. It's just not like the bigger birds. That is why the pros, and Raza, stays right away from the micro helis. It's really a different ball game.

To me this guy is a pro, compared to me. sheeze, i'm still a newbie. Anyways this guy have been flying for 3 years. He is an outstanding flyer compared to me. I hope he doesn't mind me using this as example to show the difference between the 2 helis. Anyways I've asked him if he could try to fly the 250, for me to see the difference.
Thank you questerng.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBvY-8Nedo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaNxGDbtzC8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

To conclude this. I have seen it happen soooo many times. Pilots, who have been flying for years, take on the micro helis, only to sell them later on, because it's just not the same. And to finalise it.That explains the reason to why Bert, Bobby watts, and some of the other pros, dont like the mico helis, the micros don't fly like the big birds. Just ask them how many times they have the crashed the micro helis.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pitch, my one and only CP heli (as you know) is a t-rex 250. I feel no urge to get bigger, except problems with gusty wind 355 days a year in the UK which makes flying a 250 constant fight/masochism (that's why I'll get a 50 size soon).

I think getting the basics down on 250 is even more important than on a big one which just hangs in the air.. and you can scratch your head before every stick movement

btw: 250 on the sim isn't very realistic, it drifts like crazy while real one doesn't (mine at least)
p.s. I didn't hit the ground yet !
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

AD, I forgot to mention,, Pilots who started the other way around(started with the micro helis), seems to work a bit better. I'm not saying they are a better pilot, but somehow, I just don't know how to say it. They seem to enjoy flying the 250, and works really well for them, and they stick to the micros for a very long time.. I know you get what i'm trying to say. But i don't know if others here will get it.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDrink View Post
Pitch, my one and only CP heli (as you know) is a t-rex 250. I feel no urge to get bigger, except problems with gusty wind 355 days a year in the UK which makes flying a 250 constant fight/masochism (that's why I'll get a 50 size soon).

I think getting the basics down on 250 is even more important than on a big one which just hangs in the air.. and you can scratch your head before every stick movement

btw: 250 on the sim isn't very realistic, it drifts like crazy while real one doesn't (mine at least)
p.s. I didn't hit the ground yet !
i just missed this. this is exactly what I mean
Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n6days View Post
What is this ep200 flight that youre talking about?

Custom 250s

Gaui EP200

Bert K's epic ep200(custom EP200) video, which everyone has talked about, no one has ever come close in flying a 200 sized heli the same way.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuNuUgFrY-k[/ame]

There is one video of a 250(custom 250), that almost comes close to it...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F0DAFj8js&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

And Bert never really put the 250 to the same abuse as his ep200. And everyone knows this. Which makes one wonder...

Last edited by pitchp; 01-26-2011 at 06:45 PM..
pitchp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
It's just like Raza, has been preaching all along. you can practice as much as you want, be good as much as you want. One way or another your 250 will hit the ground. It's just not like the bigger birds. That is why the pros, and Raza, stays right away from the micro helis. It's really a different ball game.
Do you even know me? Do I know you? What the hell are you talking about? When did I ever PREACH about not flying 250's? The only thing I've "preached" to you is your flying style and lack of discipline and how YOU will be doing more crashing than flying (regardless of the heli you're flying). Was more an effort to help you than chastise, but hey if you want to push it in that direction so be it. Not sure how you infer that to my flying style or heli preferences. I happen to own a 250, not that this is relevant to any of my previous posts...

Quote:
To conclude this. I have seen it happen soooo many times. Pilots, who have been flying for years, take on the micro helis, only to sell them later on, because it's just not the same. And to finalise it.That explains the reason to why Bert, Bobby watts, and some of the other pros, dont like the mico helis, the micros don't fly like the big birds. Just ask them how many times they have the crashed the micro helis.
Not often. Never seen Bert, Bobby, Craig, Mike, or any of the pros I know crash one... It's not a different world, you just seem to see it that way for some reason. None of what I have ever said to you in the past has had anything to do with flying micro sized helis period.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
And Bert never really put the 250 to the same abuse as his ep200. And everyone knows this. Which makes one wonder...
You really need to stop talking for and about people you don't know especially when you have no idea what you are talking about. There is nothing epic about Bert's gaui flight above. It's actually fairly tame. He'll be the first to admit that. Yes I can speak for him, because yes I've actually talked to him personally about that very video. I was around when he made it.

I'm not sure exactly why, but you're trying to completely derail this thread into some kind of 250's are awesome tangent. It's like you're trying to portray yourself as some kind of rebel because you fly the lean and mean 250 that is so much different and harder than anything else in the world. It isn't.

So if you would like to discuss your 250 prowess please do so in the 250 threads. Let's try to keep discussions here about the flying itself, not what helicopter brands we prefer.

To end this discussion I'll give one last try at what I've been trying to say all along. If you are motivated to fly like Bert in that ep video (as tame as that is for a pro) you are looking at a minimum of 4 years hard core practice and flying experience. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Bert had been flying just about 4 years himself when this video was made and he was an extremely dedicated and fanatical flier (who quite honestly had spent about 6 figures on the hobby at that point... not kidding). However when I watch how you are trying to progress my prognosis is that you will likely never be able to fly that way. Why? No I'm not trying to be mean or over critical. It's just reality because you have no desire to learn control. 100% of what you see in that video is not smack or 3d, it's just pure control. There's no way to attain that other than very hard work. Sorry

Last edited by RĒzĒ; 01-27-2011 at 09:13 AM..
Old 01-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To end this discussion I'll give one last try at what I've been trying to say all along. If you are motivated to fly like Bert in that ep video (as tame as that is for a pro) you are looking at a minimum of 4 years hard core practice and flying experience. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Bert had been flying just about 4 years himself when this video was made and he was an extremely dedicated and fanatical flier (who quite honestly had spent about 6 figures on the hobby at that point... not kidding). However when I watch how you are trying to progress my prognosis is that you will likely never be able to fly that way. Why? No I'm not trying to be mean or over critical. It's just reality because you have no desire to learn control. 100% of what you see in that video is not smack or 3d, it's just pure control. There's no way to attain that other than very hard work. Sorry
woah, no need for sorry. you've got my attention now. 6 figures. I'll have to rethink about this hobby now.

Thank you raza. may be it's just not worth it.

Last edited by RĒzĒ; 01-27-2011 at 09:12 AM..
pitchp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in