Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

No DX8 problems here either, great radio !! So is my 14mz and 8fg futabas !
700le flagship v-bar, bls, sab,
jamming is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTi Taco View Post
Anyone try filling out the form online to get a free shipping label to send It back?? I can't figure out how it works since its a pdf file that some how u can fill out and send in online
You don't' get a label. You get an ticket/ (and RMA number I don't remember?) and you bring it to the PO and ship it insured... you pay shipping.. they pay shipping back.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks like I've dodged another bullet....

I have an HH012.

After using this radio for about a month, this really doesn't shake my opinion of the Tx... I still really like it. All the problems I've heard about so far, with the exception of the initial vibe alarm problems, seem to be related to DSM2/DSMX cross compatibility...

My opinion is that anything that anything I was concerned about, would be getting a new DSMX Rx... the 6ch DSMX are $50 so for a little piece of mind/insurance, I'd be picking up one of those. If I was concerned about ditching a $1000 bird... $120 for a full range DSMX 8ch with remote would be worth the piece of mind IMHO.
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnTi Taco View Post
Anyone try filling out the form online to get a free shipping label to send It back?? I can't figure out how it works since its a pdf file that some how u can fill out and send in online
I did. You fill out the pdf form and click the send in email button. That fires up your e-mail client and automatically attaches the pdf file, adds their e-mail address and a subject line. So from there you can basically hit send, or include a message if you like.

They say they will send a pre-paid shipping label, and then pay the shipping for the return as well.

Why couldn't they have found this a few months ago when half the country was too cold to fly? I am glad they are fixing it, but I really don't want to be with out my transmitter for how ever long it takes them to fix and send it back.
jlharv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope got a email about recall and says fill out form for prepaid label to be shipped back...first post says it too...just can't figure out the form..edit..think I got not now thanks to post above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
You don't' get a label. You get an ticket/ (and RMA number I don't remember?) and you bring it to the PO and ship it insured... you pay shipping.. they pay shipping back.
Fusion 50 9080/9088 Beast X
Velocity 50n 9080/9088 VbarSAB Goblin 9180/9188 Kontronik helijive Coming soon
AnTi Taco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

First batch here, and glad I only updated it to the 3rd version (fix for model 1 getting borked). DSMX sounds scary, lol. Otherwise no troubles here
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy with my original DX7, works fine, it's not the latest, greatest, coolest, but,it does all I need it to do. Hopefully it will last a looonnnggg time.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had a thought...anyone running a 3G and can see in the monitor function what (un)commanded degree/sec roll rate 3% of DX8 gimbal is?
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
Just had a thought...anyone running a 3G and can see in the monitor function what (un)commanded degree/sec roll rate 3% of DX8 gimbal is?
depends on Expo settings at 0 expo a lot at 30 or 40 % not much at all
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Modern Technology... nothing is perfect..
This is true, but thorough R&D is a GOOD THING! Then again, why take the time to completely test something when customers will pay you to test it out for you without even knowing it! Guess I cant totally blame em. That is the VERY reason why I hold out a year to get a new release. So others can wreck their helis for me. I must add that I own a DX7 and have not EVER had an issue in the 5 years I have had it. I admit I was jealous when my buddy showed up to the field with a new DX8. That is until he had a brown out (no, it was most definitely NOT the esc/bec circuit) lock up and lost his plane to the "hiccup". Total loss, she was a beauty too! Note: I never take joy in anybody’s loss when it comes to helis/planes………weeeeeelllll at least helis! J/K
Diesel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #51 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

DANG..... My X9303 PID is on the list. I JUST had mine upgraded to DSMX at Joe Nall. I gotta call and see if maybe I am not effected.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOOT glad I have an 11x
Old 06-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am SOO glad I bought an 11x DSMX a couple months ago. I love this radio.

I am running DSMX mode.

Oh, and no issues!
RobertAbles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

This does stink, but Horizon is owning up to the issue and fixing it. Users have been reporting these issues for awhile and most of us with DX8s have figured out to stay away from these older receivers.

Horizon did advertise and promote the backwards compatibility, so they are on the hook. Despite the problems, if you use this radio with the newer recievers it is a decent piece of equipment. If this were a fly by night operation, they would tell the customer to go scratch. That's not how Horizon operates and that's why they continue to earn my business. Nothing is 100% perfect, and the more this equipment advances, the more potential issues will arise.

The DX8 is the first mass produced radio with many of these new features, and sometimes when your first, you make some mistakes. Just remember who got 2.4ghz moving in the industry. The other players laid back and waited. You can say that was smart, but someone has to lead, and I'm glad Horizon/Spektrum was willing to move the ball down the field.
JesusFreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak View Post
This does stink, but Horizon is owning up to the issue and fixing it. Users have been reporting these issues for awhile and most of us with DX8s have figured out to stay away from these older receivers.

Horizon did advertise and promote the backwards compatibility, so they are on the hook. Despite the problems, if you use this radio with the newer recievers it is a decent piece of equipment. If this were a fly by night operation, they would tell the customer to go scratch. That's not how Horizon operates and that's why they continue to earn my business. Nothing is 100% perfect, and the more this equipment advances, the more potential issues will arise.

The DX8 is the first mass produced radio with many of these new features, and sometimes when your first, you make some mistakes. Just remember who got 2.4ghz moving in the industry. The other players laid back and waited. You can say that was smart, but someone has to lead, and I'm glad Horizon/Spektrum was willing to move the ball down the field.

I think its called "stepping up to the plate" for sure.. Even though this radio seems to have glitches (no pun intended) Im satisfied too that its a decent set up for the money...

At risk of cursing myself, Im not sure how the heli I managed to squeak through this gauntlet of woes , but so far I have... If anyone should sucumb to these recalls it should be me.. Everythign Ive purchased since about 2006 ish has had some issue and were talkin' 45k and 35k purchases amoung the larger.... ~sigh~ So for so good... wont cross my fingers though..

Sorry for youze guyz having issues... It sucks... I know. I reaaaaally know..

On a side note... is it just me or does the 11X kinda look like the transformer logo? Is it a decepticon or an autobot though???
CyberPlainsDrifter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW

I am so glad I listened to my gut on the DX8. I have a 9303 instead. Not perfect, not cutting edge, not crashing my heli because of a faulty transmitter. Oh that would suck, I feel for you guys that have bought them. I really do.

I went through the spektrum beta testing days of RXs and they cost me too much with brown outs.

Spektrum has really shot themselves in the foot with the new stuff. I was considering Futaba but there is some issue with the Vbar and the satellites etc. Issue being you can't use that type set up.

Guess I'm stuck with my 9303 for a while, at least until there is a better product that is worth the upgrade. But it doesn't need an upgrade. Some more features would be cool but I don't need em now so what will they do for me later?

I barely look at my TX when I'm flying, only to make sure the timer is going. I can deal with that.

once again, sorry to hear about the problems.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Fortunately, mine is not on the recall list, but I was going to send it back because of a buzzing noise when I turn it on. It turned out to be nothing so my DX8 is staying home for this recall but who knows about the next one. I'm like everyone else I don't like being a beta tester for Spektrum, but it's really a nice radio and I have not had any real issue with it since I sent it in when I first purchased it.(charging problem, DSMX upgrade) Anyway, I hope you guys get your radio back sooner rather than later.
ahperson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Don't forget this recall includes some DX7s, 9503s and 9303s as well.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #59 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Don't forget this recall includes some DX7s, 9503s and 9303s as well.
AGREED!

PEOPLE YOU NEED TO READ THIS RECALL!
It covers far more than just the DX8!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota Fun R View Post
WOW
I was considering Futaba but there is some issue with the Vbar and the satellites etc. Issue being you can't use that type set up.
Vbar is now compatible with Futaba SBUS. You can get a 6208SB RX and connect to the Vbar via single line.

Just throwing that out there.
ErichF is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in