Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > FPV hardware and Electronics (Goggles, VTx, Antennas, Ground Stations, FPV Cameras, etc.)

FPV hardware and Electronics (Goggles, VTx, Antennas, Ground Stations, FPV Cameras, etc.) FPV hardware and Electronics (Goggles, VTx, Antennas, Ground Stations, FPV Cameras, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope, fatshark says we should be able to see it fine because it's like a TV that's 4 feet away. I can watch a TV 4 feet away but I can't read off it. I'm going to keep an eye out for a couple of cheap plastic +1 lenses. I don't know that I want to try to cut glass then put it near my eyes.
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

The diopter lens kit (2x -2,4,6 lens) works great for near sighted guys (like me). You really only need to use them if you cannot see objects clearly at ~6-7ft away. Far sighted guys who can see this dist ok should not have a problem. Guys who only need reading glasses for close-up should not have a problem.

If you buy the fatshark diopter lens kit (~$15-20) you can test this by holding a lens ~1 inch from your eye and look at an object ~6-7ft away. Pick the lens that works best for you and use these initially In my case, a -4 on one eye and a -2 on the other worked best. After fine tunning this at the field I have gone to -4's on both eyes and everything looks nice and clear.

BTW, many guys with perfect eyesight have reported better results using the -2 lens on both eyes. Seems to make the image edges/borders sharper. Also, these lens help protect the internal goggle lens as well imho.

The way you position your goggles on your head makes a big diff too. Adjusting the strap tension, centring them properly, and where (high/low) you wrap them around your head takes a bit of fiddling to get right. Bit of a pita initially but you soon get used to placing them in the right spot every time eventually. Just like the eyecups, they may feel very uncomfortable initially but after a while they feel fine.

Also, do not underestimate the importance of adjusting your goggle's contrast and brightness. This can make a big diff and need to be adjusted to suit your flying environment.

And, of course, adjusting the camera focus is very important (as is remembering to take the lens cap off, lol!).

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
HF Support

Just a quick question for you guys who have used the diopter inserts....

I have on occasion experienced fogging in the goggles due to temperature variations on cool, humid days. I can usually mitigate this by warming up the goggles before I put them on. But when it happens the condensation collects on the lenses inside the goggles. Now If I add diopters in the mix wouldn't that compound with two surfaces for the condensation to collect on or does having the extra layer actually help in this regard? Just wondering...
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
Just a quick question for you guys who have used the diopter inserts....

I have on occasion experienced fogging in the goggles due to temperature variations on cool, humid days. I can usually mitigate this by warming up the goggles before I put them on. But when it happens the condensation collects on the lenses inside the goggles. Now If I add diopters in the mix wouldn't that compound with two surfaces for the condensation to collect on or does having the extra layer actually help in this regard? Just wondering...
I don't notice any additional fogging issues with the diopter lens inserts. The little bit of condensation I sometimes get seems to be limited to the outside surface of the lens insert. I just give them a wipe with a micro cloth when this happens.

Cheers,
TomC
Old 02-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.amazon.com/Zeiss-2105-354.../dp/B00MCMCBJM

Last edited by TheKingPhisher; 03-02-2015 at 02:19 AM..
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Cured my vision issue with Goggles

I just purchased The New Goggles make by Head Play. They are awesome!! , best part is I can wear my classes inside the face mask , No problem at all seeing OSD, plus no light bleeding in from the sides and they give you a true feeling of being immersive. Im so glad I waited and purchased these instead of the others I looked at. If your thinking about getting a pair , dont worry about what you hear about the view being to much. just use a higher power camera. Like 3.1 insread of 1.2 or 2.4 and on my Go Pro I use narrow or med, Not wide view. You can also adjust the view in the screen display too. Love em"
Old 02-05-2016, 03:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by T/CHunter2009 View Post
I just purchased The New Goggles make by Head Play. They are awesome!! , best part is I can wear my classes inside the face mask , No problem at all seeing OSD, plus no light bleeding in from the sides and they give you a true feeling of being immersive. Im so glad I waited and purchased these instead of the others I looked at. If your thinking about getting a pair , dont worry about what you hear about the view being to much. just use a higher power camera. Like 3.1 insread of 1.2 or 2.4 and on my Go Pro I use narrow or med, Not wide view. You can also adjust the view in the screen display too. Love em"
As long as they work for you, that's great mate!

A lot has happened over the last year since the post before your's. Fatshark now have a faceplate/fan that works with Dom V2, HD, HD2, and Atti V3 goggles. Very comfy and no more fogging! I now have these on my Dom V2's and I could not be happier.

Cheers,
TomC
Old 05-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Fog

I wish my Head Plays had a fan or some kind of venting system to control fogging. Once in a while I need to lift my googles off my face just to clear up my foggy glasses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in