Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydawgx7 View Post
Yesterday, I flew my mCP X and everything was fine. Stable, smooth, no issues. Today, go and turn it on, and the controls are all messed up. Aile, and Elev controls, D/R, work fine. However, when I spool it up and increase the throttle, the pitch is reversed. When I press the trainer button, it instantly pushes up the servos to full PIT every time I press it. Anyone have any ideas??? Tried to re-bind to no avail.
Only thing I can mention is that the pitch servo DOES require reversing out of the box, so if your radio is confused... or if it's a computer radio, maybe trying to bind on wrong model?
tracknoob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Only thing I can mention is that the pitch servo DOES require reversing out of the box, so if your radio is confused... or if it's a computer radio, maybe trying to bind on wrong model?
Should have probably also mentioned it's the RTF model, so I'm using the DX4e. Also, after a closer look, the PIT is not reversed. It simply doesnt move. It stays at full negative pitch through the entire throttle. Only thing that changes it is pressing the trainer button which makes it go to full pitch instantly
Jaydawgx7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Should have probably also mentioned it's the RTF model, so I'm using the DX4e
Well, someone else will have to pitch in then -- I don't know anything about that oddball radio!
tracknoob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Well, someone else will have to pitch in then -- I don't know anything about that oddball radio!
After reading through the manual for the mCP X, I found my problem, so I figured I'd post it for others in case they run into the same issue. I have no clue how it happened, but somehow my helicopter was in "computer transmitter mode." (see page 7 of the manual)

The binding procedure needs to be repeated as per page 7 (below)
1. Disconnect the flight battery from the helicopter.
2. Power of the TX
3. Connect the battery to the helicopter and wait at least 5 seconds (blue LED will flash quickly)
4. Hold down the trainer button and power on the radio (be ready to do the next step quickly)
5. After the TX LEDs flash twice, push the rudder stick fully to the left.
6. Release the trainer button while still holding left rudder
7. Once the LED on the heli goes to steady blue, release the rudder stick
8. Push the trainer button one more time
9. Disconnect the battery and power down the TX.
10. Turn on the TX, plug in the heli's battery and you should be good to go.
Jaydawgx7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finskeeper View Post
I don't believe this has been mentioned before, but I also believe the landing gear is pretty weak (like the mSR). Not necessarily from hard (or premature) landings, but also from the lateral forces of inserting batteries, plugging/unplugging, and taking them out.

For breaks--- easy fix is to wrap some black thread on each side of the break and coat it with CA.
Thanks for that. I broke mine while inserting a battery and I wasn't really forcing it. It's bit too tight.
AcidDrink is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
After reading through the manual for the mCP X, I found my problem, so I figured I'd post it for others in case they run into the same issue. I have no clue how it happened, but somehow my helicopter was in "computer transmitter mode." (see page 7 of the manual)

The binding procedure needs to be repeated as per page 7 (below)
1. Disconnect the flight battery from the helicopter.
2. Power of the TX
3. Connect the battery to the helicopter and wait at least 5 seconds (blue LED will flash quickly)
4. Hold down the trainer button and power on the radio (be ready to do the next step quickly)
5. After the TX LEDs flash twice, push the rudder stick fully to the left.
6. Release the trainer button while still holding left rudder
7. Once the LED on the heli goes to steady blue, release the rudder stick
8. Push the trainer button one more time
9. Disconnect the battery and power down the TX.
10. Turn on the TX, plug in the heli's battery and you should be good to go.
Thanks for the post on this,
Mine did the same thing after I binded my Tx with another Blade
Heli, then back to mCPx RTF it went into full negtive pitch.
I will try this today and i hope it works
I've had nothing but problems with it since I bought it last friday
My grips also blew apart on the 2nd day (the philips screw came undone)
It's alot to absorb for my first heli with all it's problems
I was so frustrated by mid week I ran out and bought the mCX2 BNF
Just to get in some practice with the controls
My LHS gave me a replacement heli on the spot but they are still
Learning about how to deal with all of it's problems to.
I guess I should of bought the mCx2 1st
We see how it goes today.
Witchouse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up my mxp-x yesterday and have it on a DX6i. I've put about 6 or 7 batteries through it just flying around. Today I tired high rate and a flip. Did'nt work out so well. As soon as the heli was upsidedown, it started piroing out of controle. This is the first time its been upsidedown. It ended up hitting the ground and the blade grip bearing failed. Don't know why it wacked out upside down. Any ideas??
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

You've got to be very gentle on the collective during flips and such or you'll bog the main, loose the tail and crash inverted. I've yet to accomplish a flip inside but have done a few outside now, just gotta be easy with it.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Well day two of the binding with the DX4E soap opera,,,
This time after re binding I get the blades to a 0 pitch ,,,cool!!!
But now rudder control only works to the right, no power
to the left ! (completely un-responsive)????
Plus power for the throttle is very glitchy when it was not
Before I re-binded in negative pitch!!!!!
WTF!!!!! can somebody Please tell me what is going on?
Thanks
Old 03-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevendavis View Post
I picked up my mxp-x yesterday and have it on a DX6i. I've put about 6 or 7 batteries through it just flying around. Today I tired high rate and a flip. Did'nt work out so well. As soon as the heli was upsidedown, it started piroing out of controle. This is the first time its been upsidedown. It ended up hitting the ground and the blade grip bearing failed. Don't know why it wacked out upside down. Any ideas??
Maybe you know, maybe you don't... You didn't mention if you flipped the 3D switch. I would assume you did, but if you didn't the mcpx will shut itself off when flipped upside down in normal mode.
Quit Killing Me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found a fix for the blade grip bearings

My LHS didn't have the trex250 bearings so I had to improvise...

take the two brass washes in between the blade grip inner bearings and the head in the middle, and put them on the end of the feathering shaft just under the screws
this will take the centrifugal stress off the outer bearings.
I had one crash from a bad outer gip bearing; after doing this I've not had that issue (20+ flights). As well, it doesn't seem to affect the moveability of the blade grips.
E-Flight Blade 400 (heavily modified)
Spektrum DX6i
joezasada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure I know what to think.
I picked up an MCP-X on Saturday.

I setup the heli with my JR-9503. No problems there.
Checking things out in throttle hold showed no elevator servo movement. I swapped the plug with an aileron/pitch servo and the elevator servo is dead. The main board and the other servos are Ok.

Humm... Then I started checking the other things out as outlined in this thread. The feathering shaft screw was LOOSE. When I looked in the slotted side, what's this? The stinking bearing was tilted. I put my small slotted screwdriver in there and pulled out the bearing race!!!!

Well, I left Horizon an email about the servo. I don't know if they automatically require you to ship it in or if they will talk to you about sending parts.
I haven't left an email yet about the bearing.

I haven't even been able to spool this thing up yet!!
Ugh.
Kent
600 hybrid, DS610's, GP750/DS620, Esky 1200kv, Ice100
akent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quit Killing Me View Post
Maybe you know, maybe you don't... You didn't mention if you flipped the 3D switch. I would assume you did, but if you didn't the mcpx will shut itself off when flipped upside down in normal mode.
OK, I give up. What "3D" switch? If you mean flight mode, that's purely a transmitter function, how the throttle and pitch curves behave with respect to each other and the collective stick - the receiver has no way of knowing the transmitter is using a different set of curves, it's all just throttle and pitch values.

Now, if you meant "3D" switch in terms of it being next to the "Never Crash" switch, then I guess I might understand your meaning.

And of course, now I'm going to have to get up and put a battery in my CP, and then hold it upside down and see what happens... Well... I did. And it could care less that it's upside down. You probably already knew that, but now I do too.

Last edited by RocketSled; 03-21-2011 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Du-uh
RocketSled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSled View Post
OK, I give up. What "3D" switch? If you mean flight mode, that's purely a transmitter function, how the throttle and pitch curves behave with respect to each other and the collective stick - the receiver has no way of knowing the transmitter is using a different set of curves, it's all just throttle and pitch values.

Now, if you meant "3D" switch in terms of it being next to the "Never Crash" switch, then I guess I might understand your meaning.

And of course, now I'm going to have to get up and put a battery in my CP, and then hold it upside down and see what happens... Well... I did. And it could care less that it's upside down. You probably already knew that, but now I do too.
3D switch, idle up, or stunt mode... all used synonymously. I dont know how (three axis gyro detecting its upside down?)or why (keep from doing more damage to your heli?), but in the mCPx manual, page 11 under troubleshooting; Problem: Powers off when flying upside down (inverted), Possible Cause: Stunt Mode off. Solution: When flying, switch stunt mode to ON/1 before flying inverted. I tested mine with a DX7 set up stock per the manual and it sorta piros to the ground with the motor rapidly slowing to a stop... it shuts the motor off.
Quit Killing Me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

And the saga continues...
The saying the Third times a charm" I hope holds true. I attempted to call Horizon today at 3:30 EST, I was told there was at least an 1 1/2 hour wait time to talk with a
support tech or I could wait on for 2-1/2 minutes and leave a call back #, I decided to call back my LHS where purchased it and they told me to bring it in.
so it is in for repairs for the next couple of days, they assume its a bad circuit board
and would be replaced or possibly the Heli itself would be replaced.
symptoms include no left rudder power, glitchy throtlle, on and off power of throtlle
so take a tally...
1 week ago bought 1 Blade mCPx RTF ............................................... $$$.$$
total run time 20 mins and Blade grips gave way
LHS replaced heli

2nd Heli lasted all of.....5 seconds, blade blew off on 1st spin
even after there was pre-flight check.
back to LHS to buy 1 set extra grips....again maybe coincidence..Hmmmm...........
LHS thought it was possibly me, ???
So not to start on the wrong foot
"I PAID" for the 1 set of new grips AND new feathering shaft ...........$$.$$
also bought 2 extra Blades sets," just in case"...............................$$.$$
also bought bag of links " probley will need-Em anyway"...................$.$$
now with all this going on and with hardly any air time
I'm become soooo frustrated wanting to fly I go back to the same store
and buy a mCX2 BAF + xtra Batt
just to get my 1st time flyers fix, and that worked perfectly ............$$.$$
so now I'm grounded and I'm waiting for the 3rd and most likely
the last mCPx heli (I hope) too return,
If this Heli is a time bomb waiting to happen I want to know from you guys.
I"m brand new to this hobby and I'm loosing faith fast
maybe I should of went with another brand or model
but there i go again jumping in with both feet again.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

>>Think about it. Why the gap of no metal in the blade grip holders? This is very unlike >>modern designs with other models like 450's and the like.

Makes sense to me. There should be transmission of lateral force all the way through to the centre of the rotorhead - then the stock bearings would not fail as they wouldn't sustain any lateral force.

I had a blade grip go flying after a blade strike - the feathering shaft had pull through the inner bearing, tearing it in pieces. My solution (in the absence of stock replacement bearings) was to use mainshaft bearings from a Walkera CB100. They have the same inner and out diameter as the stock item but are approx 30% thicker - this will at least provide more lateral strength that the current design has.

To accommodate the increased bearing thickness I used a longer screw (with locktite) to secure the bladegrip/feathering shaft assembly and I also had to shave off a couple of millimeters of blade-end by abrading the blade ends on some coarse sandpaper.

I made this change on both blade grips for weight symmetry and the setup is working well. I have avoided a blade strike of the severity that caused the problem so far but I keep checking for play in the feathering shaft and after another 10 packs or so its staying snug.
abek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 11:43 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default i did it o no

wil i got the lil bugger today ... if was upto me i would do a total recall ... this is a poor helio to me to send out ... out of box flew nice was having ablast .. knowing ahead of time all the issues .. but hey we all jump dont we ..

HH you need to do something more then pump out junk as such .. what if some kid gets this thing and has it near face or even adult and blade comes off .. bang in EYE kid scared for life ...

SAFTEY where is it here ???? .......

cheaper to recall then to pay a laysuit one would think ... worse case yes but lordy lordy .
so here i go again calling HH and gettin them to send me the parts .. lets see 300 calls later 4 helios .. 1 sr120 2 mcpx one mines one friends .. and SR .. trex ?? mmmm looking good from here ..

sorry had to rant n rave somewhere lol
xpftp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't think this has been posted. Motor starts when battery inserted. Can't rebind because the motor starts up immediately. Throttle hold doesn't work.Throttle down doesn't work. To make it even more interesting, when I release the throttle hold the motor speeds up! Have flown about 6 packs with no issues. DX7 set uplike the manual suggests. What am I missing? Bad ESC maybe?
dbolt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gosh I hate to go against this bash Blade thread but mine works fine. Couldn't be happier.

Jim
jauguston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joezasada View Post
I found a fix for the blade grip bearings

My LHS didn't have the trex250 bearings so I had to improvise...

take the two brass washes in between the blade grip inner bearings and the head in the middle, and put them on the end of the feathering shaft just under the screws
this will take the centrifugal stress off the outer bearings.
I had one crash from a bad outer gip bearing; after doing this I've not had that issue (20+ flights). As well, it doesn't seem to affect the moveability of the blade grips.
I like this idea, since centrifugal force will hold the grips outward away from the hub, this really makes sense to me. Going to give it a try.
shock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in