Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default help dayshaddow

ok lads and ladies. its been over two years since i flew my 450 and the last crash i lost my giro and tail servo. it was replaced with a assan ga-250 giro and a tr500 tail servo. ok so i believe ive done the setup correctually but my heli spins rapidly anti clockwise. the tail pitch slider is in the center and with full trilm till the slider runs out of travel only slows the beast.HELP ME
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi DS, welcome back. Glad you're looking at getting your heli back up and running. I've moved on to multi rotors, so have forgotten how to fly a heli, but I'll give it a shot. just kidding, but I'm definitely not flying as much as I should since the arrival of my FPV quad.

Anyway, the tests are real simple for your tail. Sit behind the heli and apply right rudder. The leading edge of the tail blades should move nearer the boom. If they don't reverse the rudder channel in the radio. Next test the direction of correction from the gyro, by sharply moving the tail to your right. Since this is nose left, and if correcting correctly, the gyro should try to apply opposite, it will try to apply the equivalent of right rudder, so again it should try to move the leading edge of the tail blades towards the boom.

If it does both those things come back and we can look at other options.

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; 08-16-2014 at 01:52 PM..
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 to Sutty.

If your trim slows it down then you've probably got the rudder channel set up correct.

I would double check that anyway, then reverse your gyro correction direction (not the gyro channel on the TX as that relates to gain!).

Gyro correction direction is normally changed by reprogramming the gyro with the TX, so have a look at the instructions on page 3 of the manual

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00x85895x7.pdf
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi DS, nice to hear from you again! Check the tail belt as well: when you're spinning the main rotor CW, the near tail blade should be going up. Sometimes the belt gets twisted the wrong way during the re-assembly.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+100 everyone

those are the main causes without a doubt. Also check tail blade installment the leading edge leads rotation as Jerry discribed.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ok gents ive already tryed the above ideas like most of you would have as its are basic trobble shooting guide the same thing i would send to a rookie. i striped her down and rebuilt her now it works.love to you all this 450 is calling forthe sky. again thanks to you all im not shore who's advice fixeds the problem but the dam thing flys
Old 08-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good to hear it's sorted Antony. Yes, as you say, rookie stuff, but it's difficult to know what to suggest when someone is out of the game for a while, as who knows what's been forgotten. Indeed the suggestions are basic, but then again so is making the tail work to begin with. I can do it all visually in my minds eye now, I've done it so many times, and that's exactly what I did when typing my reply to you, but who knows if I could do this in a year's time, after not having set up a tail in all that time. I doubt it.

All advice that you would have given to others, as you say, but then that's pretty much all there is that can be wrong with total tail failure, and it can't hurt to be reminded to check. Blade rotation direction, rudder direction, and direction of correction. Nothing else relates to a tail that doesn't work at all, as long as it's actually spinning round properly, and the servo moves.

Poor quality tail hold, and there are literally dozens of potential candidates, but complete lack of control, not much else I think.

Glad you're in the air, and good luck with the weather, it's awful here. I'm sodding sick of it.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

kinda sound a bit odd but i recall two setup videos from way back.thort they were cleaver but never used em. i did today so here is what i did today. 1 how to set your tail bang on center the easy way.
1st always disconnect the motor.yep we have thr hold but lets be safe not stupid.so with the bottom blade lay it parrel with the boom and then the upper blade do the same. now looking down if you see two blades your not correct.so slowly move the tail servo till you only see one blade.yep nutz but works
now to set said tail. 1 remove the main blades and set the rate to 50 and 50 hh.depending on how close you are to being well setup will this will show now.so if heli moves left or right .and you already used the above advive use the trim on your radio trim from 0 to 100%.find the spot were you are not rotating at 70 % thr. once happy you will need to mark or remember the point were the heli stops spinning on the tail slider so 0 the rudder trim and move the tail servo sero to that point and your done
Old 08-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok some pilots are already thinking dayshaddow you made that sound super easy.ok it is but i hand built a lazy susan,it was desighned to be far to heavy for my tr250 and 450 to fly off with
lazy.mp4 (0 min 27 sec)

parts required are a herb chopping board.the dip is located upside down.a damaged or borken computer hard drive baring and a cheap plastic cutting board made of plastic

ok the herb board are cheap and come supplies with a u shaped cutter..turn this upside down. using a ruler and marker find the center point. take the baring from the cheap/damaged hard drive and using wood screws bolt the lower section down.now the sheap plastic cutting board.using a ruler find its center point and screw that down. now using male and female velcro strips cut guids on the plastic chopping board to lock the skids down.now the cleaver part is to make a third cut in the board at 90 and center to the other cuts.a third male and female velcro srrip will be added.this strap goes up and over the fron skid mount and is the locked down. im her all week
Old 08-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Decided I'm going to make a Lazy Susan, so I'm asking my DJ mates on FB for a broken turntable. All I should need then is some landing skid clips (famous last words!!)
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in